Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Good points all around about Telltale. They certainly stagnated too much too stay relevant but it’s always sad to see a studio close. I wasn’t a big fan of their output but Tales from the Borderlands was absolutely glorious and really pushed their template to the limit. I know their games get a lot of flack for their limited interactivity but if you see that game in a sale or something do yourself a favor and pick it up.

I fear for Dontnod. There’s a disturbing lack of hype about Life is Strange 2 because it tackles subjects so different from the first’s that a lot of fans are unwilling to broaden their horizon and keep shouting ‘we want Max and Chloe back’. I always though LiS-fans were pretty nice dudes but they’re just as tunnel-visioned as everyone else.

As always I’ll pick it up when the season’s complete but I expect the worst in terms of sales.

Man, I’m having a lot of fun with Spider-Man. I’ve heard several people suggest it’s similar to the Arkham series, and having not played those games this is all new to me. I love the freedom when swinging through NYC and the story seems pretty engaging so far. I have a feeling I’ll be sinking some time into this one.

It’s vaguely similar to the later Arkham games but the first one is nothing like Spider-Man and definitely more Metroid Prime.

Metroid Prime? In what way? I love those games.

1 Like
  • 6:48 to 20:03; PS4
3 Likes

It’s build upon the same design principles of being locked into a hub world with different segments and slowly opening up by ways of acquiring new traversal mechanics or weapons. It also does a pretty good job of passively telling substories via the environment and audio logs.

Pretty much the best non-Metroid Metroid game alongside Rise of the Tom Raider but also a fantastic game in its own right with great ideas of its own.

3 Likes

Ace Attorney on Steam

3 Likes

China has had enough.

China will block any western media platform that gets popular in the country. It will get unbanned once a China only equivalent is up and running.

1 Like

doesnt everyone in china use a vpn service to change their location with a fake ip address?

i thought everyone did by now. also, did not know twitch was owned by amazon. till just now.

Yeah they bought it a few years back, it is also why if you have Amazon Prime you have Twitch Prime as well. Personally don’t use it much because Twitch last I checked was ass on my Roku TV.

I only use my Twitch Prime to collect the monthly free games.

Just watched the new Sekiro gameplay, wow that snake looks fantastic
and that monk fight was hella dope.
this game is gonna be so dem good :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks for the chart. I never really thought about it, but I never really understood their decision to make Minecraft or Batman into adventure games. It is kind of weird that The Walking Dead is their most popular series of games as I find playing them about as exciting as watching paint dry.

Some places have dante gameplay up

2 Likes

KH 3 panel with various bits of KH 3 gameplay including an extremely brief look at the fight with Aqua

may have to skip about.

Sword Art Online: Fatal Bullet getting 4th expansion, Hollow Realization and Fatal Bullet are coming to Switch

Virtua Racing announced for Sega Ages, Also released results of poll for other titles to come to the Sega Ages line, at the top is Jet Set Radio

If they put Jet Set on the Switch I’ll buy that with the quickness.

Give me all the Panzer Dragoon games and Shining Force games plus Skies of Arcadia, then Sega can tell me they are digging deep in their beloved catalog

2 Likes

sheeeeit, as if it wasn’t a guaranteed buy for me already… those gameplay vids of DMC 5 just make me want it that much more. DMC has been made great again.

2 Likes