Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

For anyone interested, the final secret in the original Doom 2 has just been figured out.

Explanation by John Romero.

7 Likes

Dudeā€¦Po you ainā€™t.

3 Likes

More D3 on Switchā€¦ sheeeeeit, look how smooth it isā€¦ this is direct feed footage for a change:

(**warningā€“plenty of Barbarianā€™s cheap ass ā€œRAWR.ā€ yelling in this vidā€¦ I always hated how bootleg that shit soundsā€¦like really, guysā€¦ you couldnā€™t have bothered to record a better-sounding character scream? That shit has been terrible since day 1 of the gameā€™s existence.)

Since it seems we missed this. DMC5 gameplay leak from a tester.

Summary

https://streamable.com/0ifwh

1 Like

Was that lady? Dante was in the ground and there was someone else on the ground that looked like Lady

1 Like

Now if only they would add Soul Calibur back into the game.

1 Like

Videogamedunkey - Shenmue

Semi serious vid, Shenmue fanboys should prob not watch

finally got around to watching the demo of Cyberpunkā€¦ and of course it looks amazing; I normally prefer 3rd person view but Iā€™m loving this despite the first-person formatā€¦ but this also reminded meā€”it has guns with alternate fire modes. Itā€™s great that this developer remembered that. Itā€™s quite a disappointing thing to me that most devs apparently donā€™t give a shit about that little aspect of designing the gunsā€¦ maybe itā€™s in something else recently that I missed out on but I havenā€™t seen it since the days of Unreal Championship, which is a damn shame. Compare any of Unrealā€™s guns with multiple functions to the other shooters of the past several years and itā€™s not even close. Letā€™s seeā€¦ a shotgun with 2 or 3 ā€œmodesā€ or a shotgun in a game that is only a regular olā€™ shotgun. Itā€™s clear which one is more interesting and badass, imo. Other companies out there need to step it upā€¦ be creative with the weapons for a change. Itā€™s not like that requires a Da Vinci-level of artistic talent and insight, man.

*randomly checking in to Gears 4, I noticed they now have lambent Locust and immulsified weapon skins availableā€¦cool, but I wouldā€™ve liked some lambent humans for the Horde mode since thatā€™s 99% of what I enjoy playing in the game.

*I got ā€œThe Messengerā€ now on Switch and itā€™s fun as expectedā€¦ basically itā€™s kinda like I have ā€œNinja Gaiden IVā€ here.

3 Likes

Im about to buy The Messenger. Been hearing mostly good things about it.

1 Like

cheh, 1 little nitpick I have with the Switchā€¦the player profile icon selection leaves a lot to be desired. Theyā€™ve added to it once, maybe 2 times since the system was released, and 99% of those little pictures are lame. Iā€™d like it if there was an array of pics unlocked for each game purchase, or perhaps some that are unlocked by in-game ā€œachievementsā€, yā€™knowā€¦something, anything would be an improvement from what it is right now.

*and the themesā€“I care less about those but cā€™mon, Nintendoā€¦ TWO colors is all we get to pick from? TWO?! Bruhā€¦

*Oh and the joycons and system alternate designsā€¦did it not occur to them what an easy gravy-train of money that potentially is? Imagine how much it sells if they did an official ā€œSNES Themeā€ Switch/Joycon set? Iā€™m not even looking for extra joycons but if official SNES-themed ones were out Iā€™m buying immediatelyā€¦same deal for NES-color themed ones. I guess for now they donā€™t want that easy money.

Up next-- after watching a few more vidsā€¦I may go on to get Monster Hunter on Switchā€¦frustrating that the visuals donā€™t look anywhere even close to the hotness that is World, but I still see stuff I like in thereā€¦reminds me; I havenā€™t played MH World in quite a while, actuallyā€¦sheeeeit, it was tough just to get settled on which weapon I enjoyed using the most (Switch-Axe, Charge Blade and Great Swords were shaping up to be my top choices). Thereā€™s so much to get into with that game.

Iā€™m kinda glad Spyro got pushed back until November. September is expensive enough as it is. I have Tomb raider, Spider Man, Xenoblade Chronicles 2 DLC all coming in September plus Iā€™m flying out to my home town for a wedding at the end of the month and the plane ticket is about $500. So Iā€™m going to be broke the rest of the month.

Iā€™m donā€™t even know where Iā€™m going to find time to play all this shit lol.

some tourny play of blade strangers

nerf shovel. shovel S tier, knight A tier. leave knight as is.

1 Like

It is Lady.

Summary

Also, Trish.

5 Likes

Anthemā€™s story is planning to be expanded on for years to come

Been playing The Messenger for a bout an hour before I head to bed and this game is pretty good so far. I like most of the music and thereā€™s a ton of humor in this gameā€¦especially around the shop keeper. Donā€™t skip on chatting with him if you play this game when you get the opportunity as the banter between him and the protagonist is entertaining.

Shadow of Warā€“

This must be a glitch, Iā€™m assumingā€¦ one of my followers just disappeared yesterday. I deployed him to an area and commanded the dude to attack a certain Orc captainā€¦I also went there to see the fight and intervene if necessary, though it was a safe betā€¦ the dude was 1 or 2 levels below this other orc but he is a ā€œLegendaryā€ follower. I mind-controlled a few of his bodyguards to turn them to our side, just to be sure. Heh, he had no chance, really. Anyway, after the kill my Orc gained 4 levels off that and rode off into the sunset on a dire caragor like the badass he isā€¦later on I checked the map and the ā€œArmyā€ screen and he was nowhere to be foundā€¦wasnā€™t back at the garrison either, and I didnā€™t get any notification of him being ambushed by someoneā€¦ a LEGENDARY follower, just gone for no reasonā€¦some irritating horseshit there, manā€¦ (*noteā€“he was legendary ā€œout of the boxā€ from back when the lootboxes were a thing; if I recall, I had some ā€œfreeā€ boxes for getting whatever special edition of the game this is, so heā€™s one of my original Legendariesā€¦

ā€¦I donā€™t know if this was always the case since they changed so much but you can upgrade them to legend status now with the in-game currency, though of course itā€™s expensiveā€”something like 20,000.)

I read up on other people complaining about disappearing followers from a long time ago, so apparently that bullshit is still going on.

1 Like