Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Cancelled my pre-order of Spider-Man.

#puddlegate

4 Likes

During the recent ā€œflashbackā€ race in Path of Exile, if you hit level 95 you get put in a draw to win some cool looking armor sets. 200 people will win something out of 1000ā€™s who hit 95+

ā€¦

WARLOCK ARMOR BOIIIIIIIIIIIIIZZZZZZZZ WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Iā€™ve never won anything in my entire life. Iā€™m hype as hell. The set looks awesome. You can buy the armor set with actual money, but it costs almost fitty bucks.

NEW EXPANSION DROPPING TOMORROW BOIZ
THIS GAME HAS SURPASSED DIABLO II FOR ME AS THE GOAT IN THE GENRE. I CANā€™T RECOMMEND IT ENOUGH, GIVE IT A SHOT BECAUSE ITā€™S A 100% FREE TO PLAY SO YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE ASDASDASDKKJASDKJASDKJASDKJASDKJASDKJASDASDDZMCXZMXCMNZXCMNZXCMNZXCMNXCMNXMNCZXMNCZXMNC

3 Likes

Graphics are the last thing I worry about when it comes to games.

4 Likes

Battlefield V delayed to Nov 20th

Iā€™m sure thereā€™s a certain robot creaming itā€™s pants right now.

PUDDLEGATE!

Everything doesnā€™t look like itā€™s awash in Vaseline! I want my money back!

4 Likes

EA must have seen the writing on the wall. There was no way for Battlefield to succeed sandwich between CoD and Red Dead

3 Likes

If only the team behind Tomb Raider could give itā€™s games a decent release window. Smh

LOL, that would be the day

Anyone get Dead Cells on Switch? Debating picking it up but the performance issues that Iā€™m hearing about have me a bit skeptical. But the portability is what is making me want to get it on Switch over X1X or PS4Pro.

Actual match footage from Arcā€™s Kill la Kill game. Is it just me, or are those sound effects cribbed straight from Guilty Gear?

1 Like

Like Tomb Raiders sales are going to be crap at first.

It could have easily dropped August with nothing around to fuck with it.

1 Like

Do you only play text-based games?

I havenā€™t seen any discussion on it on tech talk but I wonder how good are the arcade1up cabinets are and how do they compare to the original thing. Iā€™ll create the space necessary for the Final Fight cab.

I think youā€™re confusing ā€œgraphicsā€ with ā€œartstyle.ā€ I donā€™t think all of them are saying they donā€™t care about the artstyle of the games, but that they donā€™t care about graphics in the sense of polygon counts, realism, high fidelity visuals, reflections, sub-surface scattering, etc.

Maybe some of them are saying they actually donā€™t care how the visuals look though lol

1 Like

I think even then you care at least a little. I wonder what they thought about KOFXIV or Mighty No 9?

I havenā€™t, but my brother likes it. I did get Hollow Knight and Iā€™m loving it.

The problems with those games is not the graphical fidelity though, itā€™s the artstyle, rendering style, texture work, basically all stuff that isnā€™t related to power but related to artistic technique in graphics.

1 Like

KOF XIV has Terry Bogard and Rock fucking Howard! Online is dog shit though. Looks fine to me.

MN9 looked okā€¦ish and played like ass.

Gameplay > graphics

Iā€™ve never had a game and thought ā€œThis gameplay is hot ass, Iā€™ll keep playing cause itā€™s pretty.ā€

Hell I just finished Divinity Original Sin. Looks bad, extremely fun gameplay mechanics.

1 Like

One game that is timeless visually to me is Killer7. I played the PS2* version a while back(which I believe looks a bit worse than the Gamecube version) and that game is gorgeous. The artstyle elevates it quite a bit, but the game is also packing a lot oā€™ detail as well.

^ Might be a pic from an emulator but that doesnā€™t matter since itā€™s getting a PC release soon.

Visually it looks better to me than a lot of PS3/PS4 games. One thing about games that go for a realistic artstyle is that they will age like shit compared to more modern games with modern tech. Then you have games that have a combination of a slick artstyle combined with top-of-the-line graphics are Wolfenstein and DOOM and those games are visually stunning and they will stay that way for a while, especially when you factor in other things like good animation.

Ninja Gaiden on the original Xbox and the Sigma version is another example of this. A cool artstyle with an(at the time) top of the line graphics engine and it still looks damn good today. Also dem Hayabusa animations. :+1:

5 Likes

Well sure, if the game was that bad no amount of art could save it, but there are plenty of ā€œjust decentā€ games that can have amazing art that I would absolutely play. There are also games that play really well but look like utter shit and fuck no I would never play it. Like, it doesnā€™t need to have the best art, but if it looks like total shit itā€™s impossible to ignore it, for me at least, since video games are a visual medium.

Like imagine if mainline DMC looked and animated like Mortal Kombat, ugh, fucking never.

1 Like