Video Game General 6.3: Sekiro has so many damn chickens man. Chickens Everywhere!

Of course it works, you don’t need a proof of concept, Onimusha 2 and 3 already added analog movement, why the hell would you look at a completely different series with completely different mechanics to say anything about Onimusha? Oni 1 had tank controls because it was originally a Japanese medieval Resident Evil so the controls are a hold over.

PS: I JUST posted a link stating it has both tank controls and analog controls as options. And of course it’s still fixed camera, they aren’t remaking the game completely, it’s just some graphical updates to a game with pre-rendered backgrounds.

Of course they are.

It doesn’t work though.

All it does is piss off the fan base.

We know better.

All that does is lose them what few fans they have left.

Sonichuman,

I was wondering about Gamestop policy on trading in games.

At my local GS store if you want to trade in anything, you have to show Drivers Licence, Biometric thumbprint, sign 2 papers, write your place of employment’s address 2x. I can understand the first 2, but its a bit excessive. I dont know if this policy is exclusive to this branch or all Gamestops though.

Tank controls where perfect in Onimusha 1. No reason to change them, tho i guess the option is nice.

Honestly, despite the mediocre… everything, cut corners, and selling the game off in pieces the deal breaker for me is that Soul Calibur VI is not a classic Soul Calibur game in its mechanics. Had it retained the gameplay design of the originals I would be ecstatic to invest in a copy despite these shortcomings, but as is I barely have any desire to play the game.

P.S. Original Onimusha would be a better sell with the reworked mechanics of Onimusha 3.

1 Like

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OF COURSE I DAY JUAN’D THE REMAKE OF ONE OF MY FAVORITE GAMES IN THE SERIES

Last month when I picked up Sonic Mania Plus I traded in two games towards it that I paid a whopping 20 dollars for, WRC6 and Dead by Daylight(which oddly enough was this months “free” Ps Plus title.) The cashier gave me 70 bucks credit and when that happened she turned to the manager and asked him if it was a mistake or something. Nope! I ended up paying barely anything for both Sonic Mania Plus and Kiwami 2 after that. :ok_hand:

I’m hype as hell for Kiwami 2. Reading the back of the jewelcase you can play as Majima now in an all new storyline(!?!?!?)

Got Megaman X Collection for 20, which is some serious value with 8 games on two discs. I’m glad they didn’t split the release up like they did with the Legacy collections. I got the tales game for 10, Vita game for 15(VITA COLLECTION IS ALMOST COMPLETE!) and the IL 2 and NFS: Carbon games were both gifts that a friend got me for 1 dollar and a dollar fitty respectively. I wish Carbon was the PS3 version since that’s the only last-gen NFS game I’m missing, but it being the Collector’s Edition makes up for that. The boxart is pretty awesome too.

Yeah, you’re right. Hype is diminished quite a bit now. :japanese_goblin:

I was talking to Joshkaz and he said it’s a license issue which is why we don’t see all of the games in a single package. I immediately thought of Jean Reno when he said that. I believe some characters in 2 were based on actors as well, so yeah. The original is probably the only one they can release without jumping through hoops.

4 Likes

Dammit man. Too many games right now. I don’t have the time for them all.

The main characters in all 3 of the first games are based on real people so obviously they figured it out somehow for Oni1

No surprise that they they’re remastering the first one. Takeshi Kaneshiro (Samanosuke) has been on board for one for years now.

I’d bet money it cost Capcom a peanut & bean to license the likeness of actors no one would recognize outside of Japan. I bet Onimusha 2 wouldn’t cost them much either.

In the case of 3 though, we’re talking about The Professional Jean Reno dawg. It’s too bad because I want to hear him pronounce Henry as “ONREE” again in HD.

To be honest, Jean Reno isn’t a big name actor. He probably is in France and Spain but definitely not here.

1 Like

In Japan he IS Wasabi. :coffee:

1 Like

lmao

Sorry this is the first I’ve heard of anything after Driver’s License. The most I’ve seen needed for trade in is Driver’s License and having to take a picture in the city or Richmond due to Pawn shop laws that are enforced (dunno if some of this has been lifted or not). All that stuff is definitely pretty excessive but the only thing I know that GS absolutely needs across the board for trade in’s is Driver’s License. Anything else is going to be a region by region basis.

1 Like

Some mechanics and camera work can transcend genres yeah but it’s just odd that you would use a fighting game to illustrate your point vs. an action game. A fighting game where most of the mechanics and camera involve keeping 2 or more characters parallel with the camera for the most part (I’m aware there are exceptions here and there) vs an action game in which there’s usually 1 character vs several and most of the time the camera doesn’t go out of it’s way to keep all of the action on screen at all times. They’re just 2 pretty different philosophies in terms of game design.

I mean you could have probably used uh…any other action game that didn’t use tank controls to illustrate your point.

2 Likes

Probability a local or state law in your area,

In Maryland you need valid ID and to fill out a police forum to trade in any kind of mobile device to a Gamestop, Pawn Shop, ect.
The law is meant to discourage cellphone theft but how its worded it applies to any mobile electronics including everything from a iPad to a original Game Boy.

1 Like

I’m dissapointed by CDPR, should have just ignored the whiney snowflakes who don’t even play games.

1 Like

Capcom is hitting home runs lately.

Capcom, i’m proud of you.

giphy%20(23)

1 Like

Besides MH, what did I miss?

Oh, and DMC5 is looking like Capcom managed to pull Dante’s soul back out of Shang Tsung’s arse.

It is the first DMC I have been hype for since the O.G. part 1.

I know 3 was the best, but I hate prequels on principle.

RE2 remake, MM11, RE7, and Oni is what you missed.

I am 100% meh on RE7.

I never really got into RE2, but the remake looks absolutely sick, and I am going to cop it.

MM11 is a thing?

Coolness.

What is Oni?