Vergil combo thread 2.0

Which combo are you doing? Make sure you cancel the second helm breaker with round trip upon landing. Gives you more time.

Corner blah blah Stinger, Rising Sun, RT charge (opponent sails overhead), Release RT, cr. H, Judge Cut L, cr. H xx Spiral Swords, Chrage RT, Helm x 2 etc.

Midscreen after you summon swords you just wanna do lunar phase into round trip loop.

Just stopping by to make sure everyone knows you can combo off of Helm breaker to high time to full combo in xf3 and devil trigger activated

What’s the most optimal/damaging combo to do after catching someone in the air?

…this is the same team I use

Your best bet is to try and confirm into j.B, j.C, Helm Breaker. Then call OTG (or whatever other assist you use to extend combos via High Time or XF)

Good stuff. If you have anything interesting with any of them feel free to share. I need all the help I can get :lol:

anybody got combos with drones or disuptor?

you can actually do that in xf 2 and devil trigger. you can also combo near half screen off a judgement orb non dt in xf 3. rapid slash combos without meter are also amazing to :slight_smile:

You can do actually do it in every level of XF. XF1 just requires you to sj with j.L.

#themoreyouknow

hahah the more you know :slight_smile: thanks for the info. also… gotta love xf2 non devil trigger hit confirms off helm breaker. thanks :slight_smile:

you can loop it too
[media=youtube]4Fq9ax3llHQ[/media]

I have problems with the RT loop. I haven’t been able to land it once, whether I’m setting it up using Lunar Phase or Helm Breaker. RT always misses on the way back after either of those attacks. I can’t even find a vid of someone completing the loop for reference (see tons of attempts, though). Been at it for almost a week.

this fuckin character… still getting better by the day

Hrm… knew you could combo it. Hadn’t considered looping it though. Will experiment… whenever I quit playing Skyrim and Forza -.-

Also, you don’t need Devil Trigger to combo off of High Time in XF3. It’s just much harder to do if you don’t activate DT.

Finally figured out what I was doing wrong - I completely missed a vital input. I wasn’t doing cr. H after releasing the first RT during Spiral Swords to keep them airborne.

Thanks fur nuthin’ Virgil forums :slight_smile:

Really need help looping off of Dante’s crystal. Been studying the Improved Ramza combo video but I just can’t seem to consistently hit the loop after the OTG. Most of the time it seems that the dummy just recovers before Round Trip comes back to Vergil so I can juggle them with cr. H. Any help would mean a lot to me.

When I do the improved ramza off the rising sun starter i usually jump and release round trip, i have found this to be WAY more consistant than trying to land it grounded

How high do you jump? I did read you saying that earlier in the thread and was trying it out, couldn’t get that right either. Also is it viable in a match with the jumping method?

its more so of a hop really, but the height is about 1/2 of the full height of a normal jump