Ultimate mvc3 iron man

im not being stupid. im going off what we know… GET IT?

not “what might be” yes its obvious that other things MIGHT have happened, and that the current changes may not even make it into the final build that we all get to play… but im not talking about that build cause i have no idea how it will be (and neither does capcom or seth killian)

when someone made the comment to seth that im’s tridash was slower seth said “yeah but his unibeam is quicker” not “oh, dont worry hes got more stuff added to make up for it” … or something of that nature. so, like i said it might all be for nought, even if hes as nerfed as he looks he might actually be a stronger character overall just cause the top tiers are getting nerfed across the baord… but at this point its anyones guess and we only have the info that we have, which is why i made the statement that i did… and i stand by that statement.

-dime

All I know is that Im playing IM regardless of his changes. Though I would like c.h to be useful and being able to air dash after air normals would be pretty good too

Mature…and your making some assumptions, too. I think at this point, it is more helpful to look at the information we are getting logically, and to think about what it means going forward playing Iron Man; I don’t really think the emotional ‘I love Iron Man and am going to play him NO MATTER WHAT!!’ fanboy thing really means much to most of us. Of course you will be able to make it work, whatever ‘it’ may turn out to be, but you have to understand that some of us think of characters in how they fill specific roles and needs on a team, and Iron Man may change substantially in that respect. I’m no where near as analytical as Dime, but that is just my .02, but I am sure we can talk about these things without name calling.

I just hope with all the changes that Ironman doesn’t lose his jack-of-all trades status. Ironman has been part of my team since day 1 and I like the fact that he can adapt to any situation thrown at him I think. With these new changes it seems like they’re making him more like a keep away beam spammer which would kinda suck.

That’s very intresting depending on what two attacks you can land during that jump. If it’s just two M’s that could be done already, but if it’s M,H or H,S that could be useful (and even easier to hit confirm).
I’m going to be combing youtube for footage from yesterday since I wasn’t paying attention to the time, and totally missed all of it.

Kei

^Are you sure about that? I don’t think you can chain 2 j.m off a low tri-dash. Only j.P>j.P or a max-jump height tri-dash could work, and they’re both not very reliable against crouchers.

About the doublejump: Honestly, the loss of a mobility option is more concerning to me than the amount of damage IM loses out of combos.

Sorry about that I wasn’t thinking straight, and I was talking about sj. air dashing NOT tri dashin. My bad, don’t know what had my mind at the moment. :slight_smile:

Kei

I hope they make him better. He sucks in vanilla. which is stupid because he’s probably my favorite Marvel character.

So I pretty much don’t care what they change so long as he has more options and is better across the board. Shit, an extra move (or two) wouldn’t hurt either. Other characters are getting tons of new moves looks to Ryu

^IM is not so bad as to be called sucky. Lacking a little, sure.

What’d make IM more solid is simple stuff like a faster ground dash canceling and a cancelable cr. H.

I wouldn’t call IronMan ‘sucky’ at all in MvC3…you just have to have good execution, and use strategy. He’s very powerful, builds good meter, is a great assist, has excellent normal ranges, has very good hypers, has very good mobility, and is a monster in xf 2/3.

He doesn’t suck, he just takes a deliberate approach to be successful.

Kei

IM’s biggest issue is the fact that Magneto and Doom exist. In UMvC they seem to be trying to differentiate him a big more. In my opinion, he’s just moving to the doom end of the spectrum.

Ok. Since I have heard that Iron Mans Double jump has been removed I think hes horrible now. Its just my opinion but I’ll list some of the things that have been hurt.

Also about his tri dash. I Looked at some of the umvc3 videos of Iron man being used. It seems it takes him longer to hit the ground and he kinda swoops like Morrigan does.

To me, 3/4 of Iron Mans game involves double jumping.

Range abuse on J.h and hit confirms off J.h into DJ.h no longer exist making Iron mans mix-up completely obvious. If his tri dash is faster that’s a slight buff but I have heard that its been nerfed. Its very slow now from what I’ve seen in this build.

Without the double jump 700k-800k no assist bnbs should not exist anymore. Id say the largest damage he would get without assist help is 650k. Unless smart bomb is even better on hit and can have follow ups when spiked to the ground without assist.

The lost of double jump destroys air mobility and aireal hit confirms since you cannot spike unless you have done a launcher.

In mvc3 at the peak of Iron Mans super jump I have found away to convert and bring a super jumpy air dashy character to the ground for a relaunch.(Magneto,Storm etc) Which requires a double jump.

Air loop harder or impossible

Easier to trap upon coming in.

Air Exchange combo’s nerfed.

With all these buffs to Iron Man. Repulsar blast, Smart bomb, unibeam. Iron man seems to be a Zoner who is horrible when in the opponents face, unreliable rush-down, low damage combos/Resembling Trish.

However because his dash is said to be better. His grounded crossovers may be buffed.
he defiantly seems like vanilla trish to me now.

If you have seen my Iron man guide. everything idid in that video with crossups and resets involved double jumping xD

you got a link to the videos?

its should be on capcom unity’s stream archive.
his tridash looked horrible…

Well, if they make him more effective as keepaway he may actually be a better anchor now, but yeah, those changes sucks, I play Iron Man and not any other assist character because I like the way he plays better…

So is IM destined to be a mid-range zoner in Ultimate?

I believe the rumor involving the removal of IM’s double jump is clearly false. There is just no logical reason behind it.

Have you ben playing capcom games for very long? There’s always one character that gets the bat for no reason.

yes I have, for too long actually and you’re right, but I still seriously doubt this rumor. It’d just be the least warranted nerf in UMvC3.

Tron’s getting the bat too… Still, I have to imaging there’s still way to much we don’t know about the overall character changes so far. Even when characters get the bat, you can usually see what Capcom’s plan was. Right now, I can’t see the plan, so I’m going to reserve final judgement. Sadly, often times these plans turn out badly…