Ultimate mvc3 iron man

I main IM and was playing him at the con all day today (spidey/im/doom).

About the airdash: the start up has indeed been slowed dramatically. tri-jumps are very obvious and that pressure game isn’t really there anymore as his mobility does feel limited, especially when close. That being said, once it does kick in, it really takes off and travels a little further, so an empty low is an option, but like i said, you basically just get one shot at it now.

Oh, and he no longer has a double-jump.

I asked Seth about it and he basically said “yeah…but his uni-beam and flight are faster!”
…didn’t make a whole lot of sense considering flight combos often involve a double jump.

good stuff, its a bummer that he no longer has a DJ… and by any chance, did you asked him about Iron Man launcher? It needs more range so bad…

No Double Jump? Oh…God…

they removed his double jump? and made his air dash wonky

so now not a single advanced bnb works anymore? lol

his air dash tweek is a huge nerf to me as I rushed an pressured heavily his original tri jump hit from half screen away it don’t need more range

I don’t really give a crap about uni beam being faster

I think that’s a awful trade off

can you see if his can air dash cancel a air normal or something because now I can’t see where his combos are going to come from

Looks they wanna take him from a crappy Magneto to a crappy Doom… sigh

with that air dash can he still even get combos of a throw?

Maybe the throw is different? I’m just speculating here, but they did change some of the throws. Also guess we can do TK smart Bomb combo’s still, but those were pretty difficult.

I think I just died…how can his double jump be removed??? Without the double jump, and a slightly hurt air dash…what’s he got left at all. In my opinion, those were by far his two most important tools to do anything!

I truly pray that this is just a single build change, and he get’s his double jump back at the least! I love Cap, and I’m stoked he’s got his back…but I’ll GLADLY give up Cap’s ‘new’ DJ to get back Stark’s DJ.

Without the double jump that kills I’d say somewhere around what 90% of his B&B combos? In order to make a ginormous trade off like that work, he’s gonna have to have his flight sped up significantly as well as c.M range elongated so you can do flight combos GUARANTEED away from a corner…if not, I just feel as though he’s got nuffin. (I admit, I haven’t use him in the comic con build, and this is a gut reaction, but I think it’s pretty accurate)

Kei

A thought, if flight is sped up by just a few frames (which it apparently it), there’s a chance we could to 2B>5C>Fly>jB for some kind of more universal modfied ground fly/unfly.

…just trying to find the silver lining…

what you have to think of rather than OH NO DOUBLE JUMP REMOVES COMBOS is that you’ll have to gasp ADAPT and gasp again CHANGE your current bnbs in several months when the game actually comes out.

the thing that sucks IS NOT COMBOS it’s that you’ve just LOST MOBILITY.

which sucks. =( but i was REALLY hoping for a better beam - which we got!

My rant/cries weren’t really based around combos (though the last comment was talking about that), the double jump I didn’t even use in any combo unless I was nearing a corner or during the autopilot style combos.

I think it’s best use was like you said, to move around, and to keep people at bay. (double overheads, staying in the air longer, after air smart bombs, jumping projectiles to get in, etc.)

Kei

Apparently, Dios_X really likes the slower airdash speeds and considers it a buff rather than a nerf. Ironman is able to chain 2 attacks instead of just 1 from a low triangle jump. It’s supposedly more similar to the MVC2 tri-jump

to answer the airthrow question tho…i doubt it’ll still work, and if it does, i imagine the timing to be strict.

i dunno…i mean i love mvc2 iron man and the 2 hits worked well for him there, but i think a quicker airdash in mvc3 is more effective considering a lot of normals tend to stop jump-ins.

imho the change makes IM droppable. no double jump means reduced damage on his bnb’s… thats stupid. changed airdash means reduced pressure.

put the 2 together and it means less looks for damage and less damage when you get them… HUGE nerf. the reduced mobility on his tridash is also batshit wonky since it was already the slowest in the game (albeit had the second best high/low in the game) and yet storm remains near unchanged.

the way i see it they nerfed a low tier/mid tier character and thats the kind of shit that makes me drop characters. not happy at all.

lol @ quicker unibeam… like i give a shit. if i wanted a quicker unibeam i would have picked mags and disruptored my way to victory.

well, hopefully these changes arent permanent and capcom is just trolling the IM players.
bottom line is that he has no priority when he plays against the higher tiers.
idk mybe with the overall nerf to the higher tiers he will actually be better… hard to look at in a vaccuum, but at first glance it just looks like they took candy away from a baby.

i look at firebrand and strider and then i look at ironman… this just does not compute.

-dime

We don’t know for certain his combo’s will be that much worse. His flight is faster which can open up better Fly/unfly combo options. It all really depends on how it all works, plus IM can get easy relaunches with alot of assists already (when combined with smart bombs). A possibility (if flight is just a few frames faster) is that 2B>5C>Fly>jB will work.

It certainly doesn’t look good, but most of these things are more changes than nerfs, so I’m not gonna write off Tony just yet.

I’m waiting to see but I agree with dime 100 %

look at his 2 biggest damage combos , they need a double jump , damage nerfed ,

mobility is crippled , you can’t stay in the air as long , if you hit somebody with j :h: you can jump up back an away n try n hit them again

I don’t care about 2 hits of a tri jump , I could do this before and it was not hard

I’m keeping the faith , but if this is it for changes I’m probably going to look else were

/ what exactly is faster about flight? startup ? movement?

if uni beam recovers faster it may be useable in combos , but damage scaling will come and say hello

things don’t look good

You are being stupid if you assume his combo game is dead because of that. Yes. Stupid. No sugar coating.

You’re assuming EVERYTHING about iron man is EXACTLY the same EXCEPT the double jump.

Just dumb.

tbh I’m going on what I know so far and that he’s gimped , in mobility ,

untill I find out how his fly has been improved I’m going to say ,what we know , which is that his most damaging current combos can’t be done anymore ,

I said I’m keeping the faith but it don’t look good at this stage with what we know

if you think things look good then I dunno what to aay

He’s just trying to say to take things in context. Losing old combo’s doesn’t mean there aren’t new one. Also, it seems that characters are getting nerfed across the board, so in context, some of these things might be better or worse than we think. We just haven’t seen enough of the game yet.

Still, what we do know is gloomy as hell.

Also, I would prefer Capcom just tell us what the hell changed rather than play this mysterious little find out yourself game companies like so much.

:frowning: Iron Man why