TVC UAS Tier list speculation thread

In this game, bottom tier doesn’t mean he’s bad, just that he doesn’t have the amount of effective options to land damage as other characters, which I feel V. Joe doesn’t. Now that he can’t do multiple red hot kicks in the air for mad damage, his combos are kind of gimped, and his runaway’s not what it used to be. He’s obviously still viable and a good character, but not as good as the rest of the cast.

You’re just reminding me how much I fucking hate Megaman in this game.

Yeah, he’s probably A tier.

This thread is really bad. :-/

Even those of us who know the most dont have enough info to start this kind of speculation.

IMO, we need to start getting into matchups first before we can talk tiers.

Agreed. A matchup discussion would be a lot more useful than a tier speculation thread.

Well, we can speculate matchups too in here. Since… matchups are part of the tiers.

had a chance to play good people with Zero and T-Blade. They are definitely NOT gimmick characters. Zero’s mixup and corner damage are just brutal. I don’t think we’ve seen someone with mixups this good yet TBH. Also I found a combo off mega crash in the corner that builds two bars with him so that has some original TVC karas love going for him right there.

As far as tekkaman blade, I really wonder why people complain about his movement. He can go across the entire screen TWICE in one jump. You can pick what side you wanna land on with him from an air dash, he’s got a jump in that hits twice and all around him, he’s got good range on the ground, a fast full screen super for punishment, some of the highest damage out of the whole cast, not to mention falchion not being just a gimmick if you use it with an assist. It’s a genuine mix up off blocked normals that leads to over half health on the whole cast. Not to mention he destroys the giants for free. They can’t really do anything about his projectiles and he can run away forever if he wants.

Speaking of which, slow characters won’t be beating t-blade. Soki, Alex, Frank… good luck catching that bastard lol.

the one last character I’ve messed with a lot, Polimar, he seems great now but he does still suffer from “fuck I can’t get in” syndrome. So I think characters with good zoning might give him issues if he doesn’t have a good assist. If people are gonna want to see his full potential I think he needs to be paired with a projectile assist. BUT, once he is in, he’s got high / low / throw / cross up mixups out the ass not to mention his crazy damage output (32 billion no BBQ or assist? wow).

All right, I’ll start.

Tekkaman Blade - Gold Lightan 10-0

Megaman - Lightan 11 : -1

I think most of Saki’s match-ups are good. Ken and Blade seem rough though; it’s hard to zone someone who can fly around your zoning. Also, characters with good pressure can lock her down if they can get in, like Jun, Yatter1, Yatter2, and Karas. It’s match-ups that I think’ll keep Saki from being too stupid, because she looks absurd on paper.

Saki doesn’t have a + match up on Megaman. She gets out-camped and turtled by him and he has better maneuverability around her keep away shenanigans and can avoid all chip damage.

Megaman’s one of the matchups I actually have experience against, seems pretty even in my experience.

I could accept even, but never 6:4 in Saki’s favor and I’d highly doubt 55;45 Saki just cuz I’ve played against Local Saki’s in CGoH and recently UAS. The MU hasnt changed much since CGoH and they both still have tools against each other. It’s just that Mega is more versatile and can run around Saki’s shenanigans more.

Zach, did I play against you online in ranked last night? I was AUHSOJ using a purple Roll/Soki team.

No, I haven’t touched online since the 25th (I got it on the 22nd), so since before most people even had the game. I probably won’t go back online until I get a lan adaptor, or find some other way to make my connection better. Seriously, molasses, that’s how it felt.

I think everyone is overlooking the fact that this is a vs. game…as such, it’s broke by definition…j/k

I’m curious why everyone says PTX is better than gold lightan now. What’d they change that would make him viable?

I can only think of a few characters that would be the best, Jun the Swan, and Tekkaman Blade, their combos are insane. The worst in my opinion is Batsu and Frank West, in their moveset they seem to have more laggy moves which don’t compensate for much. I don’t know why people are saying Gold Lightan is still bad, he got some good buffs, his stomps is too good, jumping with Lightan covers more distance than walking and dashing, there’s really a of good stuff to mention about Gold Lightan, it seems like a mid tier to me… well I guess mid tier is still bad to some people, so nevermind.

I believe the consensus around here since at least since EVO2K9 was PTX-40A was generally better than Gold Lightan. PTX has an easier time than Lightan dealing damage to common anti-giant tactics.

After playing a few practice rounds with ll.nd’s PTX, he told me that PTX can jump cancel his dash anymore. I also think that there’s more time to react to PTX’s unblockable into lvl. 3 now. PTX’s corner game was probably hurt most by the change of breaking giant’s grab (where both players end up high up in the air after the break), which lead to mega crash to OTG 2C, BBQ, OTG 2C in CGoH. The corner mega crash trap should still work, but I’m sure the damage scaling in a combo post-mega crash was another blow the mighty PTX.

A side from those, PTX still retains a few buffs. 6B4 seems a lot more faster and launches (and it’s still a low normal attack), some of the riot tackles have auto guard, and PTX still has his OTG 2C for guaranteed damage after knockback attacks and corner grabs.

Where have you been? Lightan has been the worst character in the game for 8+ months, and PTX has been upper mid since SBO/Evo proved he could fight, even his bad matchups.

Why are some of you acting like you know enough about this game to post speculative tier threads when you didnt even keep up with CGoH?

To be fair I never really followed the giants in the original because I played Karas and they were zero threat to me. I ran into one, infinited them and that was it. There weren’t a lot of people playing them back before the game sort of fell off so I never heard much of what they were capable of. I think I have a good grasp on the rest of the cast atleast. Sat down tonight though and learned both the giants just so I know what to expect from them. Found a 0-death combo with Lightan and found some good stuff with PTX. With no infinite to worry about now, and just being all around better from what I’ve read about them, I think they’ll see more play now. I actually think Lightan might stand more of a chance vs T-Blade if he can punish projectile throws from full screen with the ground stomp super. I know the ground stomp will go through it atleast so he has ways of being threatening, where as PTX has to close in on that (good luck).

But hey if lightan gets a hit after that and they can’t mega crash, say goodnight. New comboability he’s gained is really nice.

As far as people not being qualified for this thread, I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, it’s speculation. It’s good to get some opinions in here about who people think is good. If people converge on something we may get a better idea. Of course no one has a complete grasp on the game as is but I don’t think the balance changes are going to be something that’s going to take all that much time to understand. We generally know how most of the cast does vs each other at base level without infinites and a few minor tweaks. It’s mostly learning the ones that have changed a lot (Karas?) and the new additions and maybe understand how the system changes have changed gameplay a bit (mostly throws being more viable now).