TTT2U Questions and Complaints

the majority of Tekken players are on tekkenzaibatsu.com, they have individual sub-sections over there, would recommend that as SRK doesn’t care much for 3D fighters.

When looking at a move list ( http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/tekken6/_movelist.php ) you should find your characters + on hit low and Counter hit launching lows. These will be important to get your opponent to crouch and will allow you to continue your offense.

Currently Inatekken data ( http://translate.googleusercontent.com/translate_c?ie=UTF8&rurl=translate.google.com&sl=ja&tl=en&u=http://wiki.livedoor.jp/inatekken/d/%C1%ED%B9%E7TUD&usg=ALkJrhhfoIhsjgtSI9rATxEGu8iTrxu2CA ) is being moved over to the TZ wiki (http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/wiki/Tekken_Tag_Tournament_2)

As of today Devil Jin, Lee, Leo, Marduk, Zafina, Anna, Ling, Roger Jr, Jaycee, (Partially Kazuya) have InaTekken frame data put into sortable tables. Click of the speed arrow and find your fastest moves. If you rather go to avoidingthepuddle.com, it has some imcomplete transfers of of the pre unlimited TT2, but you can still ctrl +f and find your 12 frame mid, 14 frame mids, and 16 frame mids.

Tekken is about timing and spacing. You jabs and jabs strings are you best moves but the have little range and are high.

You should pay attention to moves that move your character forward versus moves that remain in place, and how much pushback they give.

Virtually every character has a generic df+1, which is your standard poke. Generic d+4 will usually be your fastest low. D+1 for most characters (or Full crouch +1) will kill momentum in a lot of strings and stop people who mindlessly press buttons up close.

The TZ move list and the TZ legend ( http://www.tekkenzaibatsu.com/legend.php )are the best place to start, then INA, or the wiki if it has your character up yet. The TZ forums have good primer threads for T6 which is a good place to start. Most of the movelists for most characters return in TT2.

http://www.Tkmove.com also is a good site. Mokujin has the information on what the acronyms mean.

You mean like Mahvel.

I was looking for this section since the launching (like marvel an sf), but i think it’s a matter of time until the characters thread beguins to be build.

You know… you guys could just go to Tekken Zaibatsu if you need info that bad.

Yeah, i’ve noticed that… :frowning:

Sub sections will get made if this sub section gets enough trafic.

Top Korean players only use 5-8 moves 95% of the time. Have fun.

For the 360 version, every time you trigger an achievement, the game is going to lag or lockup for a second or more. I don’t think disabling notifications changes this. As you knock out the easy achievements, it’ll start happening less often.

Ok I concur with everyone here after picking the game up; the netcode is too legit.

Want to know this too, Hope its the later because you rank up shit ton fast in the offline modes.

But I got the game last night, jumped online for like 10 matches and the first match I had was laggy as hell. The game matched me with a 4 bar, but when it started it was going back and forth between 1-4 bars. Guy messaged me later saying he forgot to turn torrents off…

Every other match was pretty stable after that.

:eek: Everyone here has some good advice that you can cherrypick from to suit you for now.

If you really want to play casually, what I would suggest is putting time into learning the game in general instead of a specific character first. Learn how to move, of course (not moving properly in this game is the equivalent of continuously jumping in Street Fighter–it’ll just get you murdered and looks kinda silly), but also about “safety” (general pushback, spacing), the crush system and just the game’s mechanics. There is a bit to learn and it will take some time.

Of course, this doesn’t sound like “casual” play, but what my point is is that once you get comfortable enough with the game, you can pick any character you want, learn about six or seven (or ten) moves, a string or two, and be able to play them very casually. The time people put in with characters is to explore those characters and to go more in-depth with them. The time people put into the system is to be able to play at a minimum efficacy. Once you learn the system well enough (you might actually know it already, I don’t know), you can take a very “set it and forget it” approach to characters if you know what to look for if you intend on keeping your play casual.

Full disclosure, I HATE learning new characters in Tekken especially and it can feel really daunting, but there are ways to circumvent the annoyingness by opting not to bulldoze your way through strategy and movelists up front. Have fun!

the netcode is VERY solid to me. Major upgrade from Tekken 6 which was pretty much unplayable online.

I had a few hiccups on release day. About 80% of my matches were smooth. Plus when I got achievements, the game would skip a little bit.

But yesterday it was flawless. If this stays consistent, I’d say this is my best online experience yet for a fighting game.

Yep, after studying a some Korean TTT2 footage, they really don’t use that many. I skimmed through the movelists and I can already cherry pick like a dozen I saw frequently. It might help to know a few more for those obscure surprising moments but you could do well with a baseline of a dozen or two dozen moves for sure.

yea ive actually been looking around there too. I usually play 2D fighters (hence why im on SRK forums and not tekkenzaibatsu) but since TTT2 is pretty big and even has Art on SRKs Front Page, i figured itd only make sense for character sub-sections

I’ve expressed to MrWizard the concerns therein of this thread. I pushed for this sub-forum to be created, so I hope he can further grant your wishes by extending support on a character-by-character basis.

If not, we can discuss other alternatives.

I was just about to say, for every useful string on a character’s list, there’s probably about 9 useless ones.

TekkeN is the ultimate arcade fighter, it’s the Pokemon of fighting games

If you’re intimidated by the move list, either check out the TTT2 guide’s key moves (for your character) or go on TZ and see if your character has a top 10 move thread. If you can’t find either, ask in a QnA thread as to what moves you should focus on first. If there is no QnA thread, create a new thread, ask for the moves, and tell them Tyler2k told them to get off their ass and make a QnA thread.

It’s tough learning my characters, but I’m enjoying the challenge. Though, I’m trying to see if Xiaoyu/King has much syncing or I should try Jun and someone else.

One thing I’ve come to learn though is that it seems that certain strings are pretty much just for juggles.