Top Tier causes Guilt?

I think this is a sign of guilt complex caused by too much tier whoring.

“easily”

lol

i don’t understand why some people would feel guilty at all when they masturba–

oh, the tiers? screw tiers. it’s a noob-invented defense mechanism for when they get their ass handed to them by someone who has dedicated themselves to get better at the game. seriously, why is there a need for a skill-related safety net in the first place? i always feel Red Sea salty when i lose but having to feel guilty for “tier whoring” when i win with a character i have been playing for a long time is just bizarre.

8P

I wouldn’t feel guilty. I play with whoever i feel i have a good chance of winning with. Even if i like a particular character story wise i wont be playing that character competitively, unless i think that character is legit

Guilt? In a fighting game? lol

Get in there and collect that fight money. Pick who you want.

Just play who do you want to play regardless of tier. And also, that mindset of purposely choosing a low tier character just to look cool and gain respect can go to hell if you ask me. :shake:

Stop worrying what others think and play the characters you like. If you keep worrying like that you’ll no longer enjoy the game your playing.

This topic reminded me of the shit Viscant got from Internet Warriors bitching that he used Dark Phoenix to win EVO. Can’t blame him, dude is trying to win dat money. :rofl:

No, not at all.

Especially when I was playing the same character in the previous games and they were bottom tier or mid tier.

How in the world would playing high tier characters equate to guilt? Tiers are just a metric for measuring the quality of a character, not the quality of the player. I never feel guilty when pitting my 3S Makoto against Oro (but I do feel a little guilty against Sean). I’ve been maining Steve since T4 (when I first played Tekken) and see no reason to feel guilty even if I ever do become Godlike enough to dominate in that game (never will).
If you feel guilty about your character selection based on a measurement of their “quality,” then you really lack enjoyment of the game itself… Maybe you should go play Bubble Bobble.

Aniken is better than all the wannabe “not-a-scrub” posers, and he dropped a top tier character in favor in favor of an average one to get more respect and prove his skill. Do whatever you want.

If you’re bothered by it then you’re not in the right mindset for this. There is no “honor” or whatever in playing a weak character just because he’s weak, same goes for the opposite.

Play whoever you like for whatever reasons you like. You don’t have to explain yourself to others to make you feel better about it. If you like playing the top tier then play the top tier.

If you feel bad for playing a character, fighting games probably aren’t for you. Pick whoever the fuck you want, it’s up to everyone else to deal with it.

d3v confirmed for ‘has never actually played vsav with people who know what they’re doing’.

Zabel or bulleta versus victor = totally even because both players can tech hit, right?

I use to want to be a low tier hero. I remember years ago, I was really into 3s. I wanted to be a good Hugo player (I also used Urien). I remember I could get some wins off, because people didn’t know the matchup. They literally through Hugo was just a big target and they can just run at him all day. I felt good about it for a long time. As the people around me started to level up, my Hugo started to level down. People learned to stay a way from him and lame him out. I know if I was going to continue to play with Hugo, I needed to majorly level him up. But you know what?

Fuck that!

I played Chun Li and I was a happy 3s player. You see I like to play footsies, I love to turtle, and I love to poke (and run away when I need to). Why would I put myself at risk when I have a risk free character. The thing is, as you start to play competitively, and people start discovering a lot of bullshit, it’s hard to really want to bother with low tier anymore. And honestly, if I hadn’t switched to Chun, I would have dropped the game in pure frustration. It was that bad.

The same thing happened to me in Marvel. A lot of low tiers in MVC2 has to rush down, and hit top tier hard. I don’t know how to rush down. Why would I rush someone down, when I can just use Cable who fits my style? Or I can get Storm and Sentinel, and frustrate my opponent (because this is my playstyle).

I don't tier whore in every game, in SSFIV, I never dropped Guile, and have played him since day 1 vanilla.  I've always stuck with him no matter where he sat on the tier list.  The same seems to go for Athena, Ash, and Kyo in KOF games.  But I generally love a lame playstyle.  If top tier happen to be a bunch of lame characters, I'll generally use them with no guilt.  I know I could never use a rushdown top tier player, no matter how damn good they are.

Honestly I am a tier Whore I look at the game and I try to find the most powerful character with the most options. But my ideas of the most powerful characters in the game often differ from other people for instance In marvel I still think that the most powerful character is Viper so I still use her but I play other characters in tandem with her like Zero, or spencer or wesker in attempt to better understand them and break them down so I know all of thier options and what they are capable of. My belief is that if you truly hate Fighting a character you will take the time to learn them for yourself and understand the character so you can beat them on a constant basis. I still believe in player skill over tiers but I also believe that I should not hold myself back by playing characters I like that suck. I have to give myself as much advantages as possible not because I am a bad player but because I dont want be held back by anything.

Nope, I just play characters I want to play. If they end up top tier cool, if not also cool.

Pointless topic is pointless. No one is going to admit that they feel guilt

I really like Bubble Bobble. It’s my ringtone.

[media=youtube]HyaSl7v9vco[/media]

Then explain why we see characters like Lilith regularly winning in Japanese tournaments.

Pervs maining characters with cleavage, of course! :razzy: