Top Tier causes Guilt?

I’ll tier whore if it means getting that Cena heat

Stuff that means absolutely nothing in fighting games.

Nothing wrong with picking low tiers, but don’t go around preaching as if your some low tier Jesus.

Play who you like, but play to win.

I have to agree.
As someone who picks low/mid tier in nearly every fighting game I play (not by purpose mind you, I just pick who I like)
“low tier heroes” and people who just pick the characters as a cop out are very annoying.

The other side of this is that F Champ spent roughly four years of his life learning a character that has to work much harder for wins, and his bitterness got to the point he where doesn’t play the game anymore.

It’s not just annoying. It’s cowardly. You never have to deal with losses since theres always an excuse in the back of your mind.

I feel guilty sometimes, but that’s only when I’m trying to win. Usually, I’m just aiming for a lost like everybody else.

Only in your mind.

There is no “moral high ground” in a fighting game guy. If you like a character thats low tier and you use them thats cool. BUT you sound like you only play low tier characters to say “OH you only beat me cause im using a low tier.” You sound like you’re using low tiers as an excuse to feel better about your losses. Plus batman would use high tier characters, he plays to win. You think he would fight superman with out his kyriptonite? no way jose.

Join the Dark Wesker army >=)

I’ll low tier warrior in vsav and have anak curse your nuts off. Come at me brah!

If you do choose a low tier character, don’t bitch and moan like 99% of low tier warriors do. If you ever do get tired of losing to top tiers, remember that no one is forcing you to use bad characters but yourself.

It’s a fighting game. You have to do whatever it takes to win.

That said, don’t switch to a character who is considered top tier just because they are top tier. If you don’t have fun playing with that character, you aren’t going to go anywhere with them. I tend to main low tier characters often, but it’s not because I WANT them to be low tier. It’s because I love playing as those characters (and I have shitty luck). If I switch to a high tier character just because they are high tier, I probably won’t have fun playing with that character. Which means I won’t have fun playing the game. Which means I won’t play the game for fun. Which means I won’t get any practice. Which means I’ll suck, regardless of the character I choose.

I never played the twins in SF3 or 4 because I didn’t have fun playing as them. If I DID have fun playing as them - oh boy. I’d have a blast. You like the twins, so have a blast.

Inapplicable. Low tiers in VSav can easily win tournaments.

VF series and VS series low tiers win

if tiers really bother someone so much then i suggest they play another genre of games. if you are a competitive player then i suggest you play a character that you like who is good and fits your style of play. when i played yang in ae i would not here the end of it. i would even get the real life option select if i lose “why did you lose your character is op” if i win" this character is complete bullshit you only won cause he’s good". you should not pay attention to things like this. who are they trying to convince me or themselves?

You’re silly.

To be honest, I have no clue. I know I don’t get mad at someone if they pick a powerful character like Balrog, Fei-Long, Wesker, Phoenix etc. And I’m aware of the ‘play the best to beat the best’, which is why EVO had so much Yun and Fei, and so many Phoenixes and Weskers.

I do know that I like to stray from the norm and pick characters that aren’t commonly used or seen. And I really like playing the underdog.

Yeah well that’s what I mean. It’s easy to see why someone would feel guilty about that kinda thing.

yeah after playing chun-li for a long time i just got to the point where i got fed up and decided to call it quits. in sfxt i’m playing much better characters whomever they may be. well in every fighting game for that matter. it really isn’t worth being the low tier hero.

i can be like this too in a way but there is a reason why they are uncommonly picked which everyone should know the answer to. one thing you do need to understand is that you need to have thick skin to deal with people in this community whether it be online or local. just stick to what you think is in your best interest and don’t let stream monsters dictate your character choices.

i think if people complain about tiers they shouldnt play fighting games at all, no fighting game has perfect balance go play something else and quit being a fucking bitch.