Toon Link (and maybe Link too)

amazing Toon Link player here

and here in finals of the same tourney

DieSuperFly / DSF, he’s a fsckin beast

damn. that guy is good. he actually knows how to use his projectiles. not many link players knows how to take advantage of that.

Yeah he can spike… I tried it.

What is “RAR”?

Oh my god. My drive to learn Toon Link just shot way up.

Reverse Air Rush: dash towards opponent>turn around+jump>direction towards opponent+attack= forward moving b-air.

Did anyone ever figure out what specifically caused the “glitch”, for lack of a better term, on Toon Link’s d-smash? Just had it happen to me when a friend and I were screwing around on Lyatt we were wondering if anything else had been discovered about it. I was surprisingly able to survive it too, even with Falco’s gimpy Firebird. :slight_smile:

Edit: Just in case people aren’t clear, I mean the one which causes only the first swipe to hit and thus hurling the opponent away from Link: [media=youtube]rbFnHBI-kts&feature=related[/media]

The zelda player DIed in the wrong direction.

That’s what I’d always heard, but no one could ever elaborate or even say what way was the wrong way.

Anyway, I found some more stuff about it; apparently it can happen when the character being hit has momentum moving diagonally up and away from the way TL is facing, it can happen on slanted planes (makes the most sense), or when you DI down as the first hit throws you towards the second. That is also more likely on steeply slanted planes.

Toon Link is stupid good and actually seems stronger then Link.

It’s like Marth and Roy all over again from Melee.

One is just blatantly better then the other.

nice little bomb setup with tink but i can’t reproduce it with link any ideas why…???

lol DieSuperFly is a BEAST with Toon Link. I love how he used those Bombs, not to mention the explosion goes under the ledge so his couldn’t ledge camp like a douche.:rofl:

Just tried TL online with a few buddies last night. I might have to make Metaknight my secondary after how much damage I was racking up. =P

Lag kills my double arrowing, though. hahah

I had a few friend playing over today while I was using TL against his MK. He picked Green Hill Zone and one thing I noticed are the little check points. When you hit them they hurt your opponent but not you, after I realized this I camped under the checkpoints while spamming projectiles. The matched dragged on for the whole 7 minutes into a timeout but I won since he died once. This is probably the most effective camping strategy I’ve seen so far in this game, and I consider it TL’s best stage thus far.

And this is why the stage will be banned.

Try it with Zelda.

She can’t be stopped.

I’m not joking.

I hope not, I’m tired of people banning stages just because characters do well on them. We haven’t even had majors for the game, yet people already claim that characters have unstoppable strategies on certain stages. Until someone actually wins consistently in tournaments with said strategies I will take their words as just theory fighter.

No. You don’t understand.

She can’t be stopped. Din’s fire hits her opponent and the checkpoint if they try to camp her.

So she can take any checkpoint that her opponent gets to first.

Once she has the checkpoint, it’s hers.

And Din’s Fire can actually kill you, unlike Toon Link’s projectiles.

The stage will be banned.

It’s not a matter of her doing well on it.

It’s a matter of her being unbeatable on it.

And it’s not theory. One of my crewmates did this to me in our matches.

We both agreed that she can’t be stopped after discussing it. There is nothing anyone can do.

I think only Zelda vs Zelda is viable on that stage.

Can you post some videos of it? No one in my crew plays Zelda, and everyone who played sheik basically quit on her, so I can’t properly test out the level of brokeness for that stage.

It’s pretty easy to do considering how stupid easy Zelda is to play.

I bet you can do it yourself.

Try it.

And see how dumb Zelda is in the process. :slight_smile:

Alright I’ll test it after America’s Best Dance Crew is done :smile:

can someone please explain to me how this works… i can’t for the life of my find how to drop bombs without them just blowing up…

oh wow. they had that in melee actually. It was just close to impossible to do. You have to drop the bomb as close to ground as possible. Pretty much right as you land. Are you using Z to drop the bomb?