Tony Stark's House of Ribs|Combo, Q&A Thread

I also forgot to ask would it be to much of a waste of time if we started looking into some raw tag setups for tony and friends?

For example i play Spencer a-assist/ Iron man a-assist/ Sentinel a-assist

One combo i like to do of a raw Iron Avenger is raw tag sent L Rocket Punch xx HSF, S.H+spencer a-assist~ from here i have two things i can do that i think are ok but need improvement:

Dash in S, sjuf J.M(J.H) Tac any direction to iron man for possible infinite

OR

L Sentinel Force, J.S into L Rocket Punch xx Plasma Storm

My examples are kinda weak but maybe we can expand upon it. Like for instance, how magneto is able to raw tag certain characters after he does the EMP loop to continue the combo. Maybe Iron can do something like that. Just food for thought.

What air to air conversion are people using with Iron Man? I’ve practiced pretty much all the ones posted here and in Duck Strong’s video but I’m always looking for other options.

Sorry to be a complete newb but what does ADDF mean? Tried to google the meaning but no luck. :frowning:

Also I’ve been trying the KK bnb but I can’t seem to land the jM-down H after the first flight cancel-H. Any tips? I can mash out jM but never land the dH.

addf :m:, :d:+:m:, :h:xx:qcb::s:, fl.:l:, fl.:m:, fl.:h:, fl.:d:+:h:xx:qcb::s:, unfly :h:, dj.:m:, (CAN’T LAND THIS HERE) dj.::d:+:h:, :dj.:s:, land, :d:+:m:, :h:, :s:, sj.:m:, sj.:m:, sj.:h:, sj.:d:+:h:, dj.:h:, dj.:d:+:h:, dj.:s:, land, otg :dp::h:xx:qcf::atk::atk:

Been trying to land this for hours but can’t seem to land the djM into dj downH. After the unfly H, do you land on the ground or is it a double jump into M-dH?

ADDF - Air Dash Down-Forward

Catch an opponent with Repulsor Blast, and do spread when they are behind his head (usually 4 or 5 hits). Then dash and do L Smart Bombs on the earliest possible frame, and while the opponent is in hitstun from OTG L Smart Bombs, dash again and do either c.M, s.H, S, or c.M, S (more range but much more risky). c.M, s.H, S is safer bet because your launcher will whiff sometimes. s.H, S whiffing is also a lot better than c.M, S for purposes of you not dying. However. you should be able to eyeball when your launcher will whiff, so if you see its in whiff distance cancel s.H into Repulsor Blast xx Spread and then either hyper, that way whiffing a launcher will never be a problem. If you go for it and whiff L Smart Bombs because the opponent is too far away you’ll be recovered before they get back up.

Despite this combo having its problems, I still like it because it lets you at least hurt someone off AA Repulsor Blast or put them in the corner where you can go for resets and the corner throw combo. Its also relatively low risk because L Smart Bombs recover so fast whiffing them while your opponent recovers still means your safe, but you need to make sure you can recognize when your launcher will whiff. Its still a lot better than trying to link normals off Repulsor. Danke said it best awhile back, always spread.

yo @FuLLBLeeD which smartbombs to do after repulsor xx iron avenger?

If its just raw spread into IA dash up to their body after Iron Avenger (either two plink dashes or an ADDF and do L Smart Bombs OTG, c.M, s.H, S for a full combo. If its a long combo like an air to air, bnb or throw combo use H Smart Bombs after Iron Avenger and cancel into Proton Cannon if necessary.

Basically you get an L Smart Bombs OTG pickup if the opponent doesn’t touch the ground before Iron Avenger, so off a Unibeam, Repulsor Spread or just the raw hyper.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

hey guys found an ok reset situation that works on neutral and back tech with iron man in the corner. it gets even better if your using sent assist (havent tested it out on the entire cast but i tested on cap racoon and sent, sent being the easiest). From whatever combo that leads into repulsar xx spread, walk forward a bit then do st.m + sent assist, then dash and jump up foward into a grab. If they are grabbed at the right height even if they tech they will get hit with the sent assist. Same if grabbed.

Pro tip: if you’re having trouble with H Smart Bombs into Iron Avenger, just wait. You have a lot of time after an S knockdown to do the cancel. Wait until your opponent is in hard knockdown state after the j.S spike (When they stop flopping around). Midscreen just dash once till where H Smart Bombs will hit and then do it. After I started doing this I never miss it and I always get the full damage from all H Smart Bombs hitting. Also the cancel for Iron Avenger won’t even come out sometimes if you do it too early, but waiting until they are in hard knockdown state you never have this problem.

You guy’s think it would be out of topic if we started talking about mixups/zoning tatics for tony. I my self am sadly having trouble fighting chicken blockers, doing incoming mix ups, and doing fuzzy guard set ups even though im using sent assist. Any advice would be of great help.

@Regaldo no it wouldn’t be out of topic at all. that’s part of why i made this thread lol. i have a little advice fighting chicken blocking; when you’re in a blockstring make sure you (if this is near the corner) add j:l: s:l: and train them to either block low, go for the throw or an overhead using flight while drones is out. j:s: is pretty good in that situation i believe

I think that throwing air Smart Bombs from SJ height and ADDFing behind them is a decent approach tool for Iron Man. If L Bombs hit you can combo off of them in many cases. M bombs is good too, but H Bombs has way too much recovery to be useful. I honestly think that Iron Man’s air Smart Bombs are a really good tool. Throw them and go for an overhead, fake overhead into c.M, just a c.M, c.L, or a throw.

It would also be cool if this thread could also be about ways to approach /zone with Iron Man (cue laugh track), because the other ones are pretty dead.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

lol thanks man i was actually practicing that setup on a friend today really worked out well. I also got another question do you guys think tiger kneeing L unibeam close to the floor would actually help out iron man’s zoning to be a little more practical. Also since I am on the tiger knee subject do you think tiger kneeing with flight mode would open new combo/mix up possibilities?

having some trouble with the sj. air H hit confirm combo…can get the sj. h, d+h, add h, land jump h, d+h, s, but then I rarely can get the j.mmhs or repulsar after that. Any tips?

You can proton cannon damage is good about 660K

delay the h after ADD and jump loop as much as you can and you should be always able to do repulsar, whereas the relaunch is a bit height dependent.

Why do all of IM’s BnB’s start with a jumpin? Does he have grounded confirms?

c.M, s.H xx Fly or if they are further away c.M, s.H xx L Unibeam

Has anyone tried using a low hitting assist with tony? My team for the moment is dante (pillar), ironman ( beam), deadpool (quick work). I use it mainly to set up unblockables with Dante, but with Tony’s air game and kk Bnb, he could really utilize a low for unblockables and mixups. Just wondering if others have tried or found success using low hitting assists. I am mainly a training room monster with my team so far until I get my bnb’s, blockstring pressure, and mixups down, before I take my skills online or to locals ( I find that if I jump into matches too early without these things I develops bad habits, like c.m, launcher).

A few strategies that seem pretty solid is in neutral, c.h+ call deadpool (she hulk slide, Felicia rolling buckler, or X-23( although less range)), fly in with j.m and go into kk.  This creates an unblockable from almost full screen if you can get there in time, if they block the assist low they have to quickly react to j.m.  If they jump then you are already in flight mode with dashes j.h's and unfly. 

Another strategy is to jump in with the attack of your choice if blocked, do c. M + assist, s.H, fly J. M's into kk or j.s to create the unblockable. 

Box Jump into double or triple overheads+ low hitting assist, flight addf+ low hitting assist ect in theory should really enhance iron mans game for mixups/ hard to blockables/ unblockables.