The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Realistically, Matt Edwards and Ono are probably trying to keep/drum up interest in the game because Capcom is ready to pull the plug on SFV development. Next gen consoles are supposedly coming sooner rather than later, and I’m not sure Capcom will even want to port SFV over since so much of the game’s content will have to be re-bought (unless they have PC and PS4 accounts synced, which I don’t think they do). There have been rumors from the usual suspects that SF6 is actually in development for next gen consoles and I can see Capcom redirecting their efforts there to ensure the game launches in the best possible state after having 3 fighting games badly marked by abysmal launches (2 of which died for it).

2 Likes

PS5 should be backward compatible anyway, so there’s that.

2 Likes

I’m curious on how SFV would run on PS5 with it’s allegedly godlike SSDs.

1 Like

It’d just load really fast. That’s about it. MAYBE not drop frames at all if the back compat technology allows ps4 games to utilize the hardware in ps5 proper

1 Like

The story of street fighter 5 will continue…

Summary

In street fighter 6/PS5

3 Likes

got a chuckle out of these dirty talk intro from mk11

2 Likes

Sub Zero ain’t having any of that Skarlet’s “flirting”.

3 Likes

Moron Kombat in the hallowed grounds of the story thread?

This content drought has gone too far!

6 Likes

Famine get the worst out of people, but i thought there will have been slighty more forgivable acts (like cannibalism) before start praise MK

1 Like

NRS proves yet again how cool it is to have multiple unique interactions between each and every character

Capcom could learn a thing or two from this

11 Likes

A pity. I don’t like Skarlet’s new face but her personality, her voice tone, her inflextion, it’s all sexy femme fatale.

1 Like

Yeah, credit has gotta go to them. I know NRS have a vastly bigger budget, but going the extra step and having personalized interactions between characters is something that’s really nice. I miss character specific intros in Street Fighter and always hoped the step into 3d would only increase the connection these fighters have. I mean at the very least Ryu and Ken should have something since they’re the OG bros.

5 Likes

Instead all we have is some shitty generic text post-match, bleh

2 Likes

Skarlett ones are especially funny. It’s nice to see one out world character with a mild sense of humor.

3 Likes

Yeah, bold part

But hopefully at least some other costume will be revealed with it
Maybe even a stage

Also i still want to believe in Fighting Chance, hopefully SF2 ones or SFA Bison

I’m not at home these days, when is the end of current (recycled) fighting chance one?
Hopefully some actual NEW one will take it’s place, it’s a bit they recycle, and Fighting Chance ones usually seem also the easiest for them to do
Like Sim, is mostly about remove stuff lol
immagine

Also if they strategy is burn our FM to force people BUY $eason4*, fighting chance costumes ususally burn FM like motherfuckers LOL

*my guess S4 = 500K FM or $$$
So who don’t have 500K will buy with $ (tbh i will buy anyway i prefer keep FM)

Would really loe that, Capcom vs SK 2 got some cool ones too

2 Likes

There’s a lot of things I can praise MK for. The biggest one being I like how NRS always pushes their characters story forward in every game. Be it for the better or worse. Too many SF characters are locked in stasis as far as story development goes.

4 Likes

A lot of the loading times are just forced in just for esports pacing and can’t be reduced, though. Even if you play the game on a fast PC it simply refuses to load until the character select fanfare ends and shit.

1 Like

EVO it is.

7 Likes