The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Oh yeah, I hate to bother you for another favour, but do you happen to know what the text atop the 5th page says? (The one with G and his alt costumes?) Curious if it addresses the weird markings on alt costume G’s face. Thanks in advance!

1 Like

i was obviously talking about character design

imageimageimage

They cut 96% of SF universe to show off artistic freedom, we got a third Yellow Shoto

i never talk about gameplay in a critical way, i don’t have enough knowledge to speak about that :smiley:

1 Like

“Hockey masks shaped like skulls. You can’t see well their tridimensionality because they are painted pitch black.
I think a mecha version could also look good.”

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks so much dude! Ah, dang, I was hoping that was some crazy speculation details and a Q connection hah. Always appreciate the help, thanks again!

Those are the scans that Doctrine Dark redirected a few months ago. I think @Shockdingo needed/wanted a bigger/better scan. But thanks for the input.

You’re welcome. I might do the other characters as well.

Usually those costumes notes doeesn’t have much canon content. They are simple remarks of how such piece should appear or what impact they should have on the audience/player.
It reminds me of the scar Gouki inflicted on Gouken’s back mentioned in the SFIV/SSFIV artbook… I still dunno if that’s canon or not.
And @Midgardsorm, thanks for the translation!

3 Likes

Yes Allen was the better shoto clone archetype we had.

He even had a character/personality in the projection of his movements and animation compare to the rest of shoto clone that time.

Kairi was meh especially the current version.

Overall I am glad EX characters are not really canon.
Kairi and his family were better suited for another franchise imo as they took up too much focus.
I do miss Darun, Pullum, Blair, C.Jack, and Skullomania.
Allen was also cool but moveset wise needed more. It still bugs me SF doesnt have a tribute character to Chuck Norris. Hopefully a newcomer in SF6 will fill that role.

3 Likes

I’m also glad they just have their own game now so I don’t have to keep putting up with people asking for them in SF.

4 Likes

Sean was BRUTAL before 3S then he got turned into sub-Dan tier for no reason.

So dumb.

Never let any company tell you they purposefully made a character suck because that means either they’re lying to cover their own asses because they accidentally made them awful or they’re so incompetent that they purposefully wasted development time to make a character people wouldn’t seriously play.

Neither option makes them look good.

10 Likes

2I Sean is so busted I can barely make it trough him first try during an Arcade Mode run. Even Gill is less rage inducing. At least he’s the unplayable boss.

Hopefully we will get something else too

“the story of street fighter 5 is not finished” uh …sure

1 Like

If they’re smart E3 2019
If they are not EVO 2019

2-4 August it is

It wont be at E3, that’s pretty obvious

3 Likes

v

Likely
Still a poor decision, surely not the first and probably not the last lol

shrug

I’m totally fine getting a whole season drop at EVO.

1 Like

I don’t think SFV is E3 stuff, that place is only for brand new things being announced or recently released stuff.

EVO is more likely. Combo Breaker if we’re really lucky, but I don’t think so.

3 Likes

I dont think its CB because Ono told us last week to wait a bit more, so if they were really planning on releasing it this month I dont think he’d have said anything. EVO is more likely.

Combo Breaker is not Ono’s next destination, that’s for sure. We’d know if there is a reveal happening this weekend by now if that were to be the case

Agreed that SFV is skipping E3, the only time they’ve announced anything Street Fighter related in the recent years there is the Cammy/Birdie trailer during pre-SFV hype campaign

The more likely targets are the San Diego Comic Con (where they have a panel almost annually for the past 3-4 years (e.g. Ken was announced there in 2015 as well) in July and EVO in August

1 Like

My faintest, of hopes is that this party dress is a hint that there will be a story mode expansion and during the toury that Karin wanted, there’s a party section with Sakura…most likely it’s just a costume during the drought.