The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I used it as easy direct comparision, i agree on him being a “good one” in SFV

Will still take the other one though, they could build a SF3Kinu-inspired or SF2tAM style art style SF with that kind of stylization

Many say problem is translate jap style in 3D, yet Nintendo there did a decent job with zero experience on the character or Capcom’s style

I’ll take SFV Ryu over Smash Ryu.

7 Likes

Me too. Much better design.

2 Likes

I don’t take SFV Ryu over smash sorely because of the hair, I just hate how they went about Ryu’s hair in SFV. Let me clarify I don’t have an issue with Ryu having spiky hair, I just dislike how they went about modeling it in V, it looks like a Pineapple.

And Power Rangers made the white ranger racist

A lot of people also voted for Trump.

I prefer the look of IV, at least it had a concise style, whereas V doesn’t seem to fully commit to one direction or another, hence the plastic figure look that plagues a lot of the characters.

SFIV is the worst looking Street Fighter game hands down. The game never looked good and gets worse looking with each passing year.

4 Likes

Thats a bit hyperbolic IMO, its better to agree to disagree. Action figure look, hair clipping and Ryu’s pineapple hair in V never sat well with me, with the tech they had there was no excuse.

That’s better than Ryu in IV looking like a shaved Gorilla.

3 Likes

I’m not being hyperbolic. I’m stating my opinion. One I’ve had since the game launched a decade ago. SFIV has substandard 3D models for the time. Viper, Rufus, and Gouken being especially poor. They had hip joints from the N64/PS1 era.

Viper had a uniboob in addition 5th gen console era hips.

1 Like

Before C. Viper had the hamburgers she had something a little better

https://kayin.moe/?p=975

1 Like

Compare Viper model from SF4 to the one she had in MvC3. Latter made the former uglier than it already was.

1 Like

Capcom can’t even get the hair physics to a competent level (see: Necalli, Cammy, anyone with hair that isn’t a single mass), and it’s far more glaring than the physics from SF4. I can’t make statements on the engine used for SF4, but in 2019, on the Unreal Engine, a AAA studio has no business being this incompetent at something that has already been done properly.

4 Likes

SF4 was on the MT Framework engine.

2 Likes

Exactly, I agree with the whole physics thing on V, I can give a pass to that.

Dead on fam. Her MvC3 model was great.

1 Like

Wouldnt mind the next mvc to just be a huge ass expansion to mvc3. Like from mvc1 to mvc2

Include the newer characters from mvc4, some from the older games (capcom, jin saotome etc) ,maybe some from tatsunoko like Batsu and Saiki and a some new ones and you got a winning formula

4 Likes

Ah man why you had to cheery pick the worst costume for old man Gouken ? :stuck_out_tongue:

I agree that is terrible, but i love how he looks in this one.

1 Like

The costume wasn’t the point. It was the hip joints.

4 Likes