The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Now that you put it that way its definitely Zankuro. Even looks like him in that art

1 Like

Ikeno Recent

5 Likes

So MK 11’s story is out and, not going to lie, it redeemed for everything I hated during the past two games. It still kinda sucks, but it gives ONE character his deserved due after two freaking decades and I couldn’t be more happy for that.

3 Likes

I actually enjoyed this storyline a lot more than MKX’s one.

Kitana defeating Shao Khan was awesome. Chun Li take notes.

2 Likes

This was the last place I want to see MK spoilers.

4 Likes

Some ass posted spoilers in a YouTube comment. Luckily I glanced away fast enough to keep from getting totally ruined. Only thing I saw was spoiled by a character intro months ago.

Youtube is gonna be hell. Just now an over 3 hour video of the entire story mode appeared on my feed. I’m lucky the thumbnail itself wasn’t a spoiler. Spoiler dodging between this and Endgame is going to be hell.

2 Likes

I tried to keep my post spoiler free, but after seeing it, I just had to express my satisfaction.

To add to this, besides being also known as the “Oni” in the Samsho, the references to killing intent and warrior madness in his storyline also pay homages to the whole battle crazed Japanese warrior trope both characters derive from. If you read into his likes in his profile he enjoys “A duel that goes to the extremes”, which sounds exactly like Akuma. His dislikes are strangely enough his own “His weak spirit”, suggesting he knows that even though he exudes a presence of strength and bloodlust, he has actually fallen victim to it and practically going around trying to find a fight to the death in order to put himself out of misery.

It’s interesting too that if you go to both Zankuro’s wikia page you can find 3 phrases in the first paragraph used which almost seemed ripped from Akuma’s wikia page.

He is a fearsome warrior who once traveled from village to village slaughtering people with no regard or disambiguation. During this time, he earns the title “the demon” in testament to his terrifying skill and battle prowess. He encounters a young girl who he couldn’t bring himself to kill and realizes the error of his ways. He retires his massacring and enters hermitage, only drawing his blade to kill worthy opponents in duels. [2] The survivor, a woman named Shiori, was actually Zankuro’s daughter, forgotten by him due to her father’s killing intent. She meets the wandering Haohmaru and asks him to kill the “demon”. [3]

Zankuro deems “Being unable to conquer the “demon” and becoming one himself” as Most Unpleasant, which also seems to be the whole bloodlust and Shadow of SnH story parallel.

9 Likes

Thank you very much for all the answers.

@Midgardsorm & @bakfromon Just a small, overdue question I meant to ask but kept forgetting. In Q’s ending, is the old man in the suit supposed to be Richard Burgman? Or is that supposed to be a retconned pre-SF5 Wayne Nakamura? I wasn’t sure if any of the AAC book and similar works had script notes to say who was talking at what time for the ending.

I’m hoping to remix that scene and that’d be a big help. Thanks in advance!

It’s definitely Wayne Nakamura. Richard Burgman is the yet to be seen public relation officer who released the statement about Q in SF3 official site (“We can’t confirm nor deny his existence”…), and that everyone subsequently erroneously (well, now we know that was erroneous…) surmised was Leigh’s and Spender’s boss, because at the time Nakamura still had no name.

3 Likes

Awesome, thanks dude! I though he was Richard since Wayne is Japanese and looks kinda fit, but his SF3 self looked white and a bit heavyset. This is a big help dude, cheers!

I wanted Kotal to be the one to finish off Shao Khan but it was pretty cathartic seeing Kitana do it.

I liked MK11 story overall more than MKX but I feel a few characters that should have been in this story got left out.

1 Like

Is there a way I can find the whole issue on the net?

It has been a bit instant comparision :smiley:

I tried to think anybody that counterpart in modern, SFlike timeline but it seem SNK avoided make an “Akuma” in theyr universe

Smart choice in my opinion, Akuma it’s a fucking plague in SF villains skyline

I imagine people think at Rugal as possible candidate due CvS, but tbh is just that they did it for the two factions thing and Bison was took with Geese (wich was a MUST thing)

For how i see it i think Bison moved beyond Geese since SF2 days (still Geese is one of best FG Boss evah), so to me it’s like

SF2 Bison - Geese Howard
PsychoDrive Bison - Omega Rugal

1 Like

LOOOOOOOOL WTF

Sage Northcutt as Ken LOL
Sagat is asian as me and got a kid pirate costume eyepatch LOL
Akuma is i don’t even fucking want to understand what it is LOL
GUILE XD

SF keep be cursed as movies

3 Likes

Who’s the black guy fighting Ken even supposed to be? He’s using electricity, but I’d hate to think that’s Blanka :joy:

3 Likes

At least you have Mexican Ryu FTW. Street Fighter: Genisys

1 Like

He’s the samoan cyborg Blanka you ever wanted but never asked for, embrace it
Best part is the Fiat 500 battery on his back to generate electricity

4 Likes