The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I love Grant.

1 Like

On other hand you got guys like me that miss when fighting games were more about martial artists from corners of the world having martial arts intersyle clash, rather than having new char with generic “fighting style” and some bullshit magic power as his design core

I understand other games want Building theyr identità but example for SF i wish It stick the old school

SF4 did slighty better than SFV at that

2 Likes

most characters with “bullshit magic powers” feature actual martial arts anyway. In fact, in most cases the martial arts are the point, plotwise, and the magic powers are ignored.
But I get your point. Then we get into the VF vs Tekken vs DOA thing (and I think VF is the most respectable)…

Tekken has its big share of “bullshit magic powers” anyway, with giant cyborgs and the stupid “devil gene” plot that I can’t stand.
At least SF has the decency of giving supernatural/extraordinaire powers of some sorts to practically all of its characters. And floors aren’t made of rubber there.

3 Likes

Do you not have a little voice in your head that warns you against saying something dumb? We’re trying to have a serious conversation then you go and claim that Tekken has bad gameplay.

It may not have bad gameplay. But its gameplay has nothing special.

I liked them too, but i did’nt liked Marco better than let’s say Takuma (specially recent redesign).
Liked a lot Hotaru too, and still does’nt reach that level of iconic to me

I mean FF gave us Terry, Andy, JOE (my fav SNK char), Mai, Mai’s boobs, Kim, Billy Kane, Blue Mary, Tung-fu Rue, Krauser

FF have us GEESE, maybe second best Boss ever after Bison

MotW did fantastic job, but at stick chars in my mind It failed a bit

In comparision while i disliked the SF3 “fuck-SF2” mindset, got to admit It gave us a lot of instant Classic SF characters

Mmmmhh, Garou didn’t have many characters to be fair.
Even FF had some lame or awful guys like most FF1 cast, Franco or Sokkaku.

Garou characters were alright… Rock, Tizoc, B. Jenet, Marco and Grant (for me) were the highlights. Others will say Gato and Hotaru too. Hokutomaru and Freeman maybe missed the mark, Kaine was kind of tacky, the Kim twins were facsimile copies from his dad… i liked Kevin, btw. But that’s all.

Now Garou 2 designs looked bad.

What about Last Blade 2?

Third strike

1 Like

When it comes to SNK nothing holds a candle to Sam Sho. IV and 5SP being personal faves of mine.

Out of curiosity who do you guys think is snk’s equivalent of Akuma/Gouki?

Rugal (CVS2)
Mr. Karate (SVC Chaos)
Iori Yagami (SVC MOTM)
Other?

Grant.

1 Like

In my view its Rugal simply because hes the boss in alot of games. But I dont think they really have an akuma per se.

1 Like

SNK doesn’t really have one. I can’t think of a SNK character trying to bring out the super powered evil side of a protagonist so they can fight to the death.

1 Like

The best OST of any SNK game, period. I liked the gameplay, the historical atmosphere and some characters; too bad they used weapons, and I don’t really like FG with weapons.

1 Like

Last Blade 2 was certainly an amazing game. i love it. Just a shame I never had anyone to learn/play it seriously with. But yeah the atmosphere of that game was amazing

1 Like

Mr Karate Serious and Grant not really the closest but kinda similar in a way

1 Like

Zankuro from SamSho

If you want some modern setting to counterpart SF, i think you can go with

• Silber
  • Mr. Karate
  • Grant

But none really fit the role

I like more the Zankuro comparision, he’s Akuma tribute to the core

" When asked “The path of the sword is?” (classic SS question), Zankuro’s response is “My slashes can rend the very heavens.

His nickname is “the demon”
He will eventually be defeated by Shizumaru, and orphan boy who’s struggling with “bloodlust” negative Energy inside himself

8 Likes

Zankuro is the correct answer we were looking for.

7 Likes