The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

No atheletes as actors please. I’d much rather get good acting during the story bits and physically imposing stunt doubles for the fight scenes than good fight scenes at the expense of… well… the story.

Ronda “Cardboard” Rousey as Sonya is crap enough already and that’s just voice acting. And I love the woman, she’s terrific in every single other way, but if in Fast and Furious 7 she couldn’t land ONE fucking line, expectations are below petrolium level for that performance.

Shitty story can be carried by a strong cast. Hell, it’s basically how the MCU works. But bad performances can ruin even the best written stuff. If Sheakspear can be butchered by bad actors, just think how bad something like Street Fighter would be :rofl:

2 Likes

Yeah I understand that concern, although having seen SF assasns fist I can truly say Christian Howard nailed it as Ken not just in the looks department but also on the acting side, I’d personally love it if he can continue playing the role somehow.

2 Likes

Yup his best Ken and besides the many feats he is also a film maker at the same time.

Lol

1 Like

Seems like the roster so far is everyone from SamSho 1, and then one chick from SamSho 64…

Did Sagat’s Alpha ladder and the final battle with Ryu was at the Shadaloo Base. Tried the SF1 ladder and the final battle with Ryu was on the Ring of Power stage. In SFV, the fight with Ryu was at the Shadaloo Lair. So the new stage isn’t in Arcade Mode from what I’ve seen so far.

3 Likes

I did Ryu’s SF1 mode, was still Sagat’s stage, for what it’s worth.

I can’t even remember if Ryu/Sagat is the end match of Ryu’s path for SFA, will give it a go later.

Edit: Gah, of course, it’s the Bison/Ryu ending. It’d be nice if an O. Sagat was a secret boss at the end of that fight.

1 Like

New stage looks good

In my SF-fan mental illness i have to give each stage to somebody in the old SF way, even CPT ones come useful… lol even the Dojo

New stage works awesome on Urien, give it a try
Looks Boss af throwing electromagnetic shit with lightstorm on the background (on VT2 is the win), plus so empty stage needs imposing presence
But most important did’nt got anything for Urien, aside New Zealand wich is already crowded in my list LOL

And Yoshitora. Also, Genjuro appeared until SamSho 2.

Potential Season 4 characters? (Minus Menat)

Rose, and a yo-yo wielding (psycho power, portal wielding?) Fighter who’s the brother of Shadaloo Doll
Aprille

And how u like Rose’s new look?

3 Likes

Wheres that from

Maggio.

Rose very possible, she may get involved to help good guys against G

I don’t know how Maggio’s chances are
Very possible when we get story 2nd part (as ASF or mini char stories) he will have a NPC role like Abel, Azam, Byron, Decapre etc

On other hand Menat story with Aprile as opponent make think they did’nt forgot that mini story line, and we seen Season characters get linked-characters in later Seasons, Ed ->Falke can be an example, but i think FF crowd too

Must be said now that ASF happened and Shadaloo crumbled Aprile in theory it’s already free
So Maggio can just find her and return live a normal life

As said i’m more inclined to believe about Rose inclusion, there will be space for a whole 3 people Soul Power team? Let’s see

Keep in mind is very possible that’s NOT Rose new look, both are based on Kiki’s pieces
immagine

and Kiki got most of Season char’s look wrong… Akuma, Abi, Zeku, Cody, Sakura, Blanka, Sagat
Iirc as now we never got a Season char look from Kiki

Was different if they based it on Bengus stuff
Bengus material is already more canon, example he gave us preview for Balrog and Falke BEFORE they were released

immagine

So based on that good record, if we get C.Viper i will be inclined to believe she will look like this

PS: to be completely fair in G’s story it has been copypasted Kiki’s Rose silhuette, but she was in her classic look

immagine

4 Likes

There won’t be a “Season 4” for characters. Isn’t it obvious at this point?

1 Like

I think Maggio will pop up in Rose’s individual story chapters. I think he’ll finally reunite with Aprile but I dont think he’ll be playable in SFV at least.
I wish they solved Noembelu / T-Hawk story too but I’m doubtful unless they make one of them playable - their chances are very slim, but if I had to bet on one of them it’d be Noembelu.

2 Likes

That’s my bad, I’m so used to her SFIV look, I totally forgot that this look isn’t anything new.

While I think you’re PROBABLY right…I think there’s still a possibility that they’re going to drop the entire season at EVO.

Last year the “Here’s Sagat and G and they’re both out next week!” announcement at EVO went over extremely well, and I think there’s a possibility they’re just going to double down on that and do the entire package at the only event people actually pay attention to.

6 Likes

There are still a possibility of Season 4 were in 2019 as of now, So safe bet is they are on the poll or related with the poll characters.

I would rather see Noembelu or Thawk than Maggio. Save Maggio later for SF7, Ki enhanced yo-yo are too cringe for SF, It like those dozen Rival School characters that used unnecessary stuff like microphones, camera and etc, that works for a spinoff games but not in SF.

Noembelu was part of my initial wish-list along with the Sibling Dolls that would fight in pairs.

Noebelu can make a decent closure for both Thawk and Julia story. It fixes both ends but the chances are unlikely.

The thing is in 2019 release that they are now tight in resources, if you would look closely in recent releases and they probably shifted their attention on the possibility of developing SF6 for modern consoles. So don’t expect something major other than a port of SFV.

So, I was pondering on Sagat’s winquote against Nash:

You need more than blind obsession to stand a chance against me."

Sagat is like the last person on planet earth to say that, seeing as how he’s obsessed with Ryu and doesn’t give a shit about anyone else in the entire SF universe. One can say that Sagat is “beyond revenge” at this point, but that doesn’t change the fact that he’s in anything Street Fighter for Ryu and no one else. And that is obsession. It’s funny how they gave that winquote to Sagat, of all characters. I guess we shouldn’t expect any good lore material from Capcom anymore.

3 Likes

Sagat now is definitely for closure in SF5, which is the right direction all he needs to reappear in future games is the cause of a new character or a (Adon)previous character challenge him or encountered him.

Same thing that Ryu should be that character, that travels but bumps into different fighters and not anymore part of a bigger plot or interest of a main big bady.

They are just part of the character select screen because some characters encountered them in some point. This make the story not overly redundant and focuses to other new characters to progress without making complication with the nostalgic icons.

While we had the anti hero and mercenaries that will be involve to the main conflict. This can be Ibuki, Zeku, Juri, Viper and Claw as the perfect fit.

For them being a for hired individuals like Anna and Nina of the Tekken series.

While Gief, Cammy, Guile and Chun appears for the reason their superiors and nation leaders order them to investigate a weird situation or event.

Bison will always be a background guy that appears in nightmares and dreams because of his nature that is capable of haunting individuals mentally. Kage and Oni can be the same also. While the true Bison is in recovery with FANG.

Akuma in the state of harnessing techniques as usual so there would be no conflict on new characters that would be spotlight.

Overall we had a main cast of characters and a new spotlight for new characters without being redundant and messing the iconic characters.

1 Like