The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

So its been a year since they anounced the development of a Street Fighter 2 tv series and nothing new has been known. My guess is that if something moves forward Ryu is gonna be recast, Mike Moh seems like he will kill it playing Bruce Lee in that Tarantino movie (going by the trailer), maybe work offers in the movie business will increase for him.

4 Likes

I just hope that it would still happen. A SF2 show live action is something cool to see in the modern age especially if it done by legit fans.

Can you confirm if this is what you saw in AASFZ?

Within a mountain recess’ area for pursuits of knowledge which people would
seldom visit, the sound of fist clashing with fist resounded throughout, the
evening stillness was being disturbed.
“The true inheritor of ansatsuken, is only me! For you it finishes here!”
A black uniform marked the man who called out, and still a wicked crimson
fighting spirit surged. That vigor striking out words of defeat with every
step, that was when a man with a seemingly altogether different transparent
fighting spirit confronted him.
It was Gouken. “Your ‘power of hadou’ fills with malice…it must be
confined, because your fist has become that of a murderer’s!”
The battle of these 2 people, nearby the boys without blinking saw. It was
Ryu and Ken from their younger days. This magnificent fight, of which the
not yet experienced boys had a chance and such to step into, the 2 of them
wouldn’t merely trust in watching over their master’s victory.
Suddenly within the starting rain, this fight thought to continue unknowingly
over, it was seen that the conclusion was merely Gouken’s surpassing fist
which brought the mysterious man face down onto the ground. “Your life,
surely, surely I will take and receeive!” A moaning voice immediately rose
to a call, after the man’s form disappeared in an instant, the mountain was
regaining its original stillness. Gouken came running up brushing down his
students’ heads, looking up to the sky as he spoke.
“That man’s power will someday exceed mine, a great disaster will befall the
two of you…unless before my power weakens you are taught…all that
is of my fist, the power of hadou!”
“How about a drink?” The stewardess’ voice, brought Ken back to reality.
He went forward to take the cup and, within his mind he murmured. “How far
we go to become strong…right, Ryu?”

I found this in an old Plot Guide:

English Street Fighter Eternal says Ken didn’t marry Eliza until he
had a decisive victory against Ryu. This might be a mistranslation
or maybe people are just interpreting it wrong as it is not supposed
to mean Ken beat Ryu in SF2.

Can you confirm if this really is from the Street Fighter Eternal Challenge Book?

If it’s from the english version of Eternal Challenge, It’s not from Ken’s bio section:

NOTE: Don’t know why the picture rotated. I uploaded it horizontally.
I don’t own the book (only the japanese version), I only have pictures from the bios.

I have no clue if that is written in the japanese text. I might upload it tomorrow if someone is interested.

4 Likes

Tbh i was’nt so sure about the actor for Ryu but at the end was’nt that bad… I just think specially for SF2 timeline they should make him train for muscle mass for some months, just to be more similar to the level of Ken actor (who was easily the best casting there)

I did’nt likes Akuma as kinda young black bodybuilder (feel like was cosplayer time lol), but i understand find a middle-age super buffet/ripped japanese martial artist is probably an hard task

Maybe Cung Le will be anche easy pick for Akuma… asian super skilled fighter, buff/ripped af, 46yo and already acted in the past
With some heavy Akuma make-up he can really nail it

I really hope they don’t really pick Scott Adkins for Guile lol, i wish they keep the mindset of when they chosen Ken actor… With an iconic cast like SF if you nail the casting you’re already halfway imho

PS: will love see Brian Stann playing Guile, dude Is born for the role… i even think SFV face model Is based on him

1 Like

Danny DeVito as Cammy

You will all feel my pain

2 Likes

If Ryu wouldn’t get the major role this time, Im okay with it being Chun, Guile or Cammy to be the lead spotlight for a SF2 WW series. Is a thumbs up.

While Ryu just doing appearance in several episode not as a series regular.

Oh I agree with you regarding Mike Moh as Ryu, it was not as spot on casting as Christian Howard as Ken. Dont get me wrong as I think Mike is a fantastic athlete but there was something missing in his performance, in fact as weird as it sounds, from the 3 minute short film with little dialoge, SF legacy, I think Jon Foo embodied Ryu as a character much better (my avatar here), Mike lacked a certain intencity that I think is necessary for Ryu that IMO Jon Foo showed naturally on the short film. It would be very interesting to see who they cast as Ryu in WW series if Moh is unable to continue…and for the love of god please no Scott Adtkins as Guile!

Speaking of adaptations:

I can’t get much info so I’m assuming it’s quite rare. Basically in 1995, there was a convention dedicated to celebrating Japan’s first capital: Fujiwara. So the people organising the event asked Capcom
(who were finishing up SF2V) to make a 20 minute short based around the city’s history. The funniest thing is that there’s no fighting at all and instead of the SF2V team, they got the animators for SF2AM instead. The plot revolves around Ryu and Ken searching for Chun-Li and E.Honda.

I think the short is a time capsule demonstrating how big SF was during the first half of the 90’s.

2 Likes

I have watch that some time ago early 2k when it was on YT, It was a supposed to be educational show about japan history and that was a pilot episode something but they went with SF2V instead that I have read somewhere if my memory is correct.

But…but he’s beautiful!

worst rendition of Cammy’s theme plays on a broken kazoo

7 Likes

Akiman latest SF related work was also included puzzle & dragons where he drew the artwork for Kage in the said collaboration of SF.

He also had a non-Kage version/Ryu which was not featured in the game.

and of course Chun li

In other news, Speaking of SF TV series

4 Likes

Honestly, the media madness SNK planned for King of Fighters always seemed a bit overambitious. They are way too small a company, outside Fighting Games. Still, props to them for trying!

3 Likes

KOF Destiny was kind of embarrassing. Good intentions acknowledged, but too bad we never had a true KOF anime :confused:

EDIT: Not KOF but SNK-related:

5 Likes

Sam Sho is looking good. Liking the storymode aesthetics so far!

4 Likes

I wanted “VICTOLY” :confused:

For Ryu i preferred Foo too, far more charismatic and able to counterpart the Ken guy
Well except fake cosplay eyebrows, lol that shit need a nerf
But also in his case he needed more weight, how he was in the Tekken movie (where looked a good 5-10kg heavier) was better to play Ryu

This is former UFC fighter/US soldier Brian Stann for Guile i was saying before

Sanshou/MMA fighter Cung Le to play Akuma, already acted in movies too
immagine

Fighting sports can provide lot of potential good cast for a SF series, and they will even be relatively cheap
Of course assuming they can act, but let’s be honest, SF series will not require Oscar level skills

Ever from MMA the Michelle Waterson and Rose Namajunas of few years ago, will have been great as Chun and Cammy and both can fight
immagine

After some make up brazilian fighter Palhares could likely offered a great Blanka without try hard lol
immagine

Montanha Silva at 7’5 to be perfect real life Sagat

immagine

Rog will oviously be epic get Tyson, after all he does B movies with fucking Steven Seagal LOL
I think HW boxer Shannon Briggs can play an AWESOME Rog lol, of course with beard removed and fake hair

PS: needless ti say Bob Sapp IS fat Birdie lol, but this is far after SF2 timeline

1 Like

Really cool choices👍

1 Like

Thanks dude, let’s give it an help for the Lol :smiley:

2 Likes

For completion sake I guess hehe.

4 Likes