The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

How to make SF6:

• Get CvS2
  • Rename all SNK characters to copyright safe knockoffs (ex. Kiryu Kisaragi, Tommy Broward, etc.)
  • Make sprite versions of the better SF4/SFV characters
  • Rollback netcode, single player content, etc.

I agree with what you say, but i don’t understand why this contrast what i said

I don’t agree ever with him either, check the SF6 list i just did… is just for fun, but reflect my taste and i’m sure he would disagree with good portion of it

For the second time, i did’nt declared him the standard of what a SF director should be, i said that see people treat him as the worst that can happen to SF, i laugh my ass off thinking at the amount of far more blasphemous shit i’ve read in years here

Dude have some personal bias/rules that are not even compatible with SF reality, but at least he have the heart at the right place compared to many

To me seem the same as people jumping Ono for what he done wrong ignoring the good, and more important the worse happening around

It;s capcom’s choice and response to consumer regardless of anything else not because of boobs and woman. My point of why they have the most reappearances than any other SF4 debut character,

Anyone else thinks SFV overblew things for SF a little too much?

Thanks to the V-Skill/V-Trigger system, combos are longer and more brutal than ever (well, except for A-ISM), characters sometimes look overpowered (compared to previous SF games) and also every character has variants which leads to 2 or 3 fighting styles.
Also, some classic characters (such as Ken, Dhalsim, Birdie, Ibuki, etcetera) had their movelists greatly altered.

Even if there’s an ‘Everyone is there’ ‘SF Armageddon’ game, it couldn’t leave everyone satisfied since probably there would have to be 2 or 3 versions of some characters, to match their play styles.

My issue with a game like that is SF has a couple of redundant characters. 10% of the roster will be shotos. You get like two Ryus, two Ken’s, three Akumas (assuming Shin Akuma is separate from Oni). What’s the point of having Guile and Remy in the same game? They serve the same purpose (gameplay wise)

Oh, Remy and Guile are VERY different.

You also had Ryu and E. Ryu (and Ken) in most of the games, Guile and Charlie in SFA3 Upper, Cammy, Juni, Juli, etc. I don’t think that would be a problem.

I mean, yeah. I just have to keep telling myself “The rest of them aren’t SF characters. The rest of them aren’t SF characters.” Like I’ve said, at least they picked the best one. If we start getting the various sports RS characters in SF…I might just be out.

No. She was a guest character.

Yes you do. They’re called Akuma, Ryu, Ryu and Ken.

2 Likes

It’s just not an Everyone Is Here, then. It’s incomplete.

It just will never be an Everyone Is Here if not all the selectable characters are playable. That means Ingrid, Oni and E. Ryu/Kage MUST BE selectable. Otherwise, you fail.

1 Like

A more accurate comparison would be turning Street Fighter into Fatal Fury. Which has has a much more focused, coherent, and thematic setting and characters.

With all the crap that exists in SF now, it’s basically just a comic book universe. And if I wanted to play a comic book universe fighting game, I’d go play Injustice or a Marvel game.

You know you can be a martial artist and still have the glowing fists, right? See: Half the other characters in the series.

Those ARE the flair.

The same Fatal Fury that had these guys

2 Likes

I admit, I don’t like White, but that’s not a mistake they’ve ever seem to have repeated.

Not sure what the problem with Chonrei and Chonshu is.

I like that Street Fighter has characters that could NEVER appear in a Fatal Fury or King of Fighters game, and viceversa.

1 Like

What does SF have that KoF doesn’t? Clones? Ancient monsters? Cybernetic beings? Magic? KoF has all those things.

At this point, SF, KoF and Tekken all have the exact same level of ridiculous schitzophrenic theming.

KOF is one airdash away from being a true anime figh- (remembers that lame protagonist from XIV). Oh…

1 Like

They are twin brothers who got processed by the spirits of ancestors to hunt down ancient scrolls that grant immortally. These guys took a strictly street level series into the realm of supernatural in a blink of an eye.

Is not matters of concept but execution.

SF can have an oil Turkish wrestler, for example… but he won’t look like Hakan. At all. Never.

Then look at SFEX for example. Some characters like Nanase, Kairi, Hokuto, Hayate… look like SNK/Namco guys shoehorned into the Street Fighter lore.

While the power-scaling is different, their abilities are all still rooted in martial arts and ki-based abilities. I have no issue with them(other than that they look a little stupid).

Completely disagree. I think most of the EX characters, including the ones you mentioned, look more like SF characters than a lot of the new SF characters we get now.

But then, I also think that about most Fatal Fury characters. And you know why that is?

Because the person that created Fatal Fury is the same person that created Street Fighter 1. And the person that created Street Fighter EX is the same person that created Street Fighter 2.

1 Like

Hey, what’s up?

Then have her. As a guest character. I mean, Ingrid is not a third-party character, she would be no problem.

EVERY PLAYABLE CHARACTER should be in, in order to be able to call it an “Everyone Is Here!” game. That would probably (MAYBE) even include Evil Ryu and Kage as separate characters from each other. Weird, but fair.

If anything, the ones you could exclude were Mike, Joe, Retsu, Lee and Geki, because they were never playable. Those are the ones that would get a pass.

Tbh is the thing i most love of SFV
Watch how different and characterized are Ryu and Ken now

I agree on Remy having reason to exist
They can redesign his moveset to make him more unique
I mean we had Guile and Nash in SFV without them feel redundant
Remy have the whole Savate world to explore

But on other hand evilryu, juni, juli, decapre can die of the worst death hopefully