The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Yes he does!

10 Likes

It’s clear to me Capcom should have him do a Street Fighter manga or serve as art director or character designer for the next game.

6 Likes

By the way I found this fan poster in reddit, I have to admit I chuckled.

9 Likes

Oh fuck off, that is not what he said. He said RS is part of the SF universe. Not “RS was always part of SF. Yeeees. Right from the very beginning.”

A. Yes, lots of series do. Sometimes people like a thing the way it is and just want more of it.
B. There are much better ways of innovating that taking ingredients from failed franchises and sprinkling that failure over your successful franchise.

Strider and SF are not related.

It absolutely doesn’t. Capcom has just convinced themselves, wrongly, that it does.

If they may a GOOD game. With solid MvC-style 3v3 gameplay. With a good roster, no other companies or gimmicky microtransaction schemes, that game would sell.

But thanks to CFE, a game that failed because they did a shitty job making it, not because it was Capcom only. Capcom is convinced that the idea doesn’t work without another company involved. Even though MvCI proved that, even WITH another company, if you do a shitty job making the game, it won’t sell.

i like that

FF
RS
SlamMasters
SFEX

Are canon part of SFV universe

i wish Capcom pay the rights for SM and deal with Arika to get occasionally SFEX born characters, sort of co-ownership

And agree on SF at this point being just like KoF, that’s a smart comparision

There’s nothing wrong as long SF keep involve only brands that fit

These four fit

Strider does’nt but who cares, it’s so far future (2048 is’nt anymore a realistic date) that does’nt touch current SF world in any way

I was surprised they tryed to canonize also Momotaro’s world and make Ruby Heart (who was originally supposed to join DS) being a char there lol

the char did’nt managed to jump in SFV at the end, but i would have loved a norse stage on their boat with RHeart and rest of the crew in the background

Darkstalkers should NEVER be considered same world outside of not canon udon bullshit.
DMC neither

I would be open to RE universe, but it’s hard see them fit SF kind of action… maybe just Wesker
But the concept itself of RE characters existing and doing their stuff in same universe as SF it’s ok to me

2 Likes

Oh for fuck’s sake! What is wrong with you people!

EX is not canon! Capcom doesn’t even own those characters!

2 Likes

I don’t care about you antiSFEX talibans or what shit of games it was

Still some GREAT SF characters have been made there, while i’m here getting falkes, kages, sfvlucias and trannySeths :neutral_face:

God bless Darun for keeping the canon door open lol

1 Like

Capcom should easily be able to support at least 2 concurrent fighting game franchises. Street Fighter and Capcom Vs. And given how those two franchises are almost on opposite ends of the spectrum in terms of gameplay, they don’t even really compete with each other that much.

Solid basic 1v1 gameplay doesn’t have much in common with frenetic 3v3 animefighter-style gameplay.

Fighting EX Layer is waiting for you.

1 Like

Darun was the indian friend keeping Zangief’s chess piece in ASF -> canon

1 Like

forgot to add SF after “great” (edited :smiley: ), i have zero interest at play the crap version arika made of them in fexl, would not buy

My point still stands. There was never a point where RS wasn’t SF related.

Name them. I don’t know of any series long runner that didn’t expand it’s scope. Dragonball went all sci-fi and cosmic with DBZ, Tekken went full anime, DoA got demons in it now thanks to reboot Ninja Gaiden elements bleeding into it, KoF got time travel and dimensional rifts now, Mortal Kombat has time travel, Samurai Shodown has become increasing more mystical with every game.

It is now. The only problem I see is how Strider will gel with Captain Commando, another game set in the future in the SF universe.

Convinced themselves wrongly lol. The VS was never intended for intercompany crossovers. It never will be. CFE was never marketed as a VS games and it doesn’t even hover in it’s orbit like SFxT. You need to accept things for what they are instead of what they “should be”.

The fact Darun was the guy Zangief entrusted with the macgiffin in SFV is all I need.

I’ll just name the most popular franchise in gaming, Pokemon, famous for being the same game over and over, and leave it at that.

And got LESS popular when that shit happened. Innovation can go either way. You might hit upon something people like. But you might also piss people off.

Um, no? Why the fuck would I ever stop advocating for things to be better than they are?

2 Likes

might be a nice change of pace from Toshiyuki Kamei who’s been the art director for two Street Fighter games SF4 and SF5.

4 Likes

Keep the time travel and parallel dimension travelling thing to NRS and KOF or to a Capcom All Star a like game.

Capcom could just have the alternate counter parts of the other characters from different franchise and not exactly the same person.

Some still not get it. Capcom ain’t Arcsys, SNK or NRS.

Capcom is more Bandai.

SNK and NRS benefits and profits from releasing fighters

SNK releasing KOF or SamSho than Metal Slug

NRS is Injustice and MK

While Capcom is more into Monster Hunter, Megaman, Resident Evil, Devil May Cry and etc.

If it needs to earn something it would be those titles and not a in a fighting game.

Capcom was absent in the fighting game genre for a long time because they are earning with other popular IP they owned. Unlike SNK or NRS. Capcom got multiple choices it’s not because had no budget but it isn’t their priority.

This is why I am worried of Street Fighter in general in terms of future installment after SF6 or another title.

Agree Capcom VS would do wonders and answer the multiple fighting franchise dormant in one game, by putting those character in rather than using it as a promotional material for Mahvel and future games but still people is still thinking of Mahvel. Yet it’s like they are always in a complicated situation.

Capcom vs Capcom 3v3 with aerial combos and assist. sign me in for something like this

and this

or even this

Than something more like a promotional title of modern characters from action and rpg titles then a few side scrollers.

A Capcom vs Capcom that only has a lot of fighting game and beat em up characters in one title rather than a promotion title.

Capcom in the past had tons of colorful characters especially in Fighters that they can make a Capcom Universe Fighter.

1 Like

Pokemon also received tons of criticism for it. Black & White 2 actually addresses a lot of the series long standing criticisms to varying degrees of success.

News to me. I remember seeing fans being excited by XIV’s true ending as it opens the door wide open for dead characters to back and for boarding the scope of which SNK series can cross over now. The know the ending for the other world team shows they will stick around for awhile.

You seem to want things to go back to how the series was when you got into it. Street Fighter IV made that impossible thanks to it being the game that introduced a generation to this series.

It still shits all over your thesis. Pokemon remains the most popular franchise in video games despite remaining stagnant.

Yes, and SF adds new mechanics as well. What you don’t get is Pokemon adding a bunch of Earthbound enemies into the game and claiming the two franchises share a universe now.

Well it is. All that stuff was introduced in the Ash Crimson Saga. The least popular KoF arc.

And Verse has nothing to do with time travel or alternate dimensions.

Not really. I got into SF with SF2, but SF4 is my favorite game in the series.

I mostly just want them to stop adding characters from other franchises when the don’t even have all the SF characters yet.

3 Likes

SF could adopt some few characters in other franchise like RS but they could not adopt them all and they need not to be the exact character with the experiences from that other franchise,

it’s a can of worms a flood gate, that would lead to more complicated results.

It would complicate the identity and the brand. As soon as characters like warzard and darkstalkers or etc starts appearing in SF. that’s when SF suddenly becomes Capcom All Star and loss it’s indentity,

Some thing like Darkstalkers and Warzard in SF would more complicated.

It might as we’ll just turn the title to a Capcom VERSUS ALL STAR.

Zeku works because he isn’t the same Strider in the far far future.

It’s time Capcom goes Capcom vs Capcom with Mahvel gameplay,

Tatsunoko Vs Capcom did work that’s why it was released in the west right?

i think this can be solved easily, different places in future timeline

set Captain Commando like 100 years from now, Strider like 150/200… they don’t have to share same time period

1 Like

An Outlier

Mr. Saturn can totally be a Pokemon.

I think it has to do with Ash in general. The guy wasn’t likable at all. Shitting on series mainstays didn’t help his popularity.

Verse is a giant soul jar that seems to transcend time and space. It has Ash’s soul who techinally shouldn’t exist. It’s also the reason why the other world team is in the game in the first place.