The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Young monica belluci would have made an amazing Rose

5 Likes

Over Oni or a guest? For sure. Over Sean? No way.

I would have argued she was just like I do with Ingrid, but they expressely stated that RS is in the SF universe now. So she’s just in FF character territory now, not a guest.

5 Likes

I want to post about possition shifting that I grab from one comment in resetera but my draft is so messed up

Yeah, while i like Dan a lot, a SFV Sean had the potential to be VERY different and offer more variety

1 Like

We haven’t seen Gill pay any attention to G. Their winquotes aren’t remarkable. I don’t think they plan any connection/rivalry between them.

It’s not win quotes, after defeating G, Gill feels something familiar in G’s power

Win quotes are win quotes, but man…I really wish Oro or Rose would’ve been first up.

Oh, well. At least I know I’ll have more win quotes to write in the future. Just wish it was sooner.

1 Like

I really wish Dan wouldn’t have gotten added but I digress…

7 Likes

So now I remember my balrog and feilong trailer with mike moh and mike tyson fighting in vegas as a quick promotional trailer. We could add her to the mix fighting in the Coliseum.

But Rival Schools being in the same Universe now opens up the flood gates for ANY Rival Schools character to eventually show up in Street Fighter to the detriment of an actual Street Fighter character. It’s arguably worse than if she were considered a guest…

1 Like

I agree with that. All I can do now is cross my fingers and hope at least 90% of RS’s AWFUL characters never even get considered.

Hayato Nekketsu is the only other character I’m even slightly interested in, because he’s the only other character besides Akira that is a martial artist with a fighting style not already represented in SF(Kendo).

1 Like

I hope you mean awful for Street Fighter. Most of that cast is pretty great for what it is… .

Awful for SF yes.

Setting aside that a lot of them have truly fucking stupid fighting styles like “Baseball”, “Swimming”, “Photography”, etc. there’s also the part where SF is supposed to be about characters with a wide range of backgrounds from all over the world, and almost all of RS’s characters are Japanese teenagers, and SF already has too many of those as it is.

It works for RS, but those characters don’t belong on the SF stage.

1 Like

That’s the terrible part unlike Slammaster and Final Fight.

I remembered mentioning before and even did a compilation of this.

The only the whole thing I believe that breaks the whole theme of street fighter are those that use household stuff like Megaphones, Yoyo, Dustpan, Megaphones, Keyboards, Volley Ball, Violin and other stuff many of those from RS fighters used.

Dangerous and lethal weapons are always welcome for me in SF.

Not a fan when this kind of fighters along side and anthropomorphic creatures starts to creep in SF

Imagine a fighter based on cooking, sewing and weird over the top stuff for fighting games… that has an excuse of embedding martial arts on their cooking or sewing technique to make it look innovative or convincing but still silly and never appropriate for a Street Fighter.

They are just welcome for crossover games.

A fighter that used a golf club and a baseball bat is possible since those are durable as weapons but not those examples in the picture that i felt silly. Street Fighter nowaday are super human.

What makes Frank West work compare to the likes of Ran Hibiki is because his a fighting game character that his technique is not centered on his camera that makes it look like a combat discipline. Yet I don’t still considered Frank West as a candidate for a street fighter character.

Writers can give them bad ass moments Vega being defeated by Ran Hibiki camera flash by in a particular moment but it feels so wrong latter especially when fighting other characters.

I’m against fighter like Ran Hibiki? or fighter using cooking and sewing? Laptop special moves by Marz is so awful!

Even this guys should able to “fight” better than those students that use photography and swimming as a PASSIONATE fighting technique is lame.

Hmm, next time I update my SF Tag Teams I think I’ll team Akira with Makoto. Being both Japanese high school tomboys.

Think I’ll wait till RelusionH makes a SF5 sprite for her though.

1 Like

I wonder if they went with Arika over Makoto to take their “Japanese tomboy” character in a direction they couldn’t do with Makoto, or if they just wanted to cram a RS character for fan service in since they could add a few more characters.

This
Same as for level of competition
SF is supposed the be world level, a place where best martial artist/pro fighters of the world can find worthy opponents and even defeat

That’s not be big deal in japanese highschool circuit LOL
Sadly Sakura 1000 years ago downgraded SF though, i have hard time get outraged at Akira for that
Still my least favourite S5 entry, and yes i’m counting as given the mysteryous 5th will be better inclusion

For now

+Oro
+Rose

-Dan (i like the guy and i will play him more than Rose, but he’s objectively wrong pick)
-Akira

Hopefully 5th will be a +

1 Like

Say whatever you want, I’d say Akira is worthy to become a SF mainstay character.

The only other character I think I’d like and would perfectly fit in the series could be Roy Bromwell.

Very Street Fighter-y gameplay and very Western design (unlike others like Daigo, Kyosyke or Batsu, who are very, VERY Japanese student thing).
Well, he could be a bit preppy for SF… perhaps he could have a slight redesign? A more adult Roy? And some slight movelist/gameplay tupdate too.

Then there’s Shoma. He’s really really cool, both in personality and gameplay. If he wasn’t 100% baseball-themed, he could have a chance. We already sort of had a ‘baseball bat’ character in SF…

But in the end is up to Roy. As much as I love Hideo, he’s ‘schoolteacher Akuma’, and Kyoko may have a badass fighting style but she’s too much of a simple goofy ‘regular person’ nurse design.

Then there’s Kurow, who is definitely not student-y… but he’s more like a KOF-fitted character.

I wouldn’t really worry about Capcom putting more RS characters in SF. I think the fact they chose Akira over Batsu is a sign that they get which kind of characters would fit in Street Fighter.

It would be cool to have Hinata there once, as a bonus character, one day, though.

1 Like

here is the pic that i mentioned earlier

Shoma have one of the best chara design in whole RS though, would welcome him before many others