The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I wouldn’t have been picked Dan but this is SF and shotos are for better or worse tradition.

SF5’s way of handling shotos by making each more unique and spacing out there releases by years was an excellent improvement.

I will say that I would take Dan over Sean or Oni or a shudder guest character in a heartbeat.

Akira isn’t a guest character so don’t try that.

this is awesome.

4 Likes

Except he was top tier in 2nd impact

1 Like

off topic, but I always find his work hilarious:
https://twitter.com/FireTisane/status/1291189934599135232

3 Likes

Dan wasn’t in Second Impact or the III series for the case.

According to SomeRandomDude™ at Twitter, SF6 was supposed to be released next year, but it was delayed due a tag team mechanic in the game that Ono focused too much time/resources into that, which is the reason why he was demoted. This is why there is a season v, to get some time to work on the next game.

https://twitter.com/AestheticGamer1/status/1291107365094211584?s=19

Obviously, take it with a grain of salt.

1 Like

Been following this guy for a while and he’s gotten things right related to Megaman, Devil May Cry, Monster Hunter and Resident Evil.

He likes everything Capcom except for their Fighting Games, so this might be the first and last time we’ll see him talk about Fighting Games.

Not surprised given Onos level of tomfoolery.

Ono was never involved in game design.

2 Likes

I still think it’s the pandemic thing, even art gallery museum were delayed and cancelled in japan. It was along those times.

Ono was in a distanced when they mentioned the monster hunter guys taking over. I don’t think they would ever do a tag team in a non spinoff SF title.

They would probably named it like Capcom title rather than being an EXclusive SF.

Sounds like an Alexandra Daddario fan who’s not into boobs

1 Like

I’m kind of surprised they’re having trouble doing a tag game given how recently SFxT and MvCI were. I guess this is going to be in the RE engine, and it’s giving them trouble?

If they got that far with a tag mechanic in the first place, SF6 could introduce some pretty radical changes to the series.

I think thing were rushed in terms of picking characters because of the pandemic that they need to pick already what was the talked of the town, that’s why we ended up with Dan for story reason.

If it was the poll it would had been “Guy” instead but not they instead go for what was the most commonly talked. In the past there are like 3 FGC influencer talking about Dan that includes Max.

The guys are doing a quick work on this that they just plug-in whatever they had with Dan than doing a presentation.

On reality it does’nt say that Dan is getting a Nostalgia alt (or Rose a professional one)

The schedule just say that during the “Dan update” (Winter2020) there will be new DLCs, including a Nostalgia alt (wich i suspect to be Ken SF2/3, the last big missing one) not related to Dan

Dan will have Standard +4 costumes (wich i guess mean Story+Battle+other 2)
Rose Standard+5
Oro Standard+3
Akira Standard+5
New Char Standard+3 ← probaly not waifu then

One of the alts may or not be the universal tracksuit that everybody have and that even characters appeared after (Gill, Seth) got

I think standard Dan is going to be the classic one we seen in the vid

1 Like

I have a strong feeling the final character is male, if only because Capcom tries to launch female characters with more costumes.

that’s why i said “probably not waifu”

5th is getting only 3 alts, just like Oro

3 seem the very minumum, could be just
Story-Battle-Tracksuit

No way a new female get so little dlc content for fappers

plus Seasons on general have ever been male majority, S5 at the moment is 2-2

The fact that he mentions Ono instantly proves he’s full of shit. If he’s gonna make something up at least name someone that is currently in charge of Street Fighter. Ono hasn’t held that role since SFxT. He threw his name in there to try and give BS info legitimacy.

Maybe he’ll drop a tweet about Silent Hill being delayed because Kojima didn’t like the games progress while he’s at it. :rofl:

6 Likes

I think y’all are reading too much into the costume number. Most likely they haven’t even decided on the 5th character, and 3 is just the minimum quantity

1 Like

Based on previous seasons, I think the character is Male. Every season has added two female characters. Rose and Akira would fill those slots. I would love to be wrong though.

1 Like

People saying in some communities that the last should be a darkstalkers character lol

It would be a waste of slot, I would welcome a character inspired from another franchise that can easily blend in but not like DS.

Zeku was effective entry because he was inspired and not directly the same character.

good point.