The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Ya’ll ready to kick off S5 ft. Kenny Omega?

1 Like

Will Kenny Omega be playing Cody again?

Are we getting Haggar?!

How I wished but It’s like El Fuerte lol

when at roundtable they made Kenny’s name i thought it could be something Cody/FF related… but also Rolento is FF

the 3 possible candidates for a FF slot imho could be

Rolento - tarot cards thing
Sodom - long time missing, “main npc” in a stage
Haggar - big hype

but one thing make me guess it may be a villain… in current SFV good guys already are in majority

Cody,Zeku,Lucia > Poison,Abigail

an hero will make it 4-2, a villain 3-3
Lucia vs Poison make sense (girls fight)
Zeku vs Abi too (Bushinryu vs Abi 2)

maybe a nemesis for Cody?
Rolento seems weak for that, but more fitting than Sodom, as at least is smart and have leadership

coughMakicough

1 Like

No it’s actually going to be Kenny Omega as the next character. Omega, and all circuits he has participated in, are now canon to the series.

The rest of S5 is Decapre and characters from all of the fighters that Capcom canceled after MvCI.

What could be the worst turnout for the character reveals (no clones/Evil whatever or any new characters)?

• Fei Long
  • Dee Jay
  • T. Hawk
  • Rose
  • Q

That’d be it to me (I don’t count Decapre or any other dolls since they’re clone characters).
Other characters I definitely don’t want to see: Gouken, Adon (I love him but it’s been enough of him), Gen or Guy (we have Zeku), Makoto (I find her boring).

Mvc 4 incoming.

1 Like

I know what Season 5 will bring:
https://twitter.com/kandoken/status/1284978879472574465

We’ll finally have the Baz show up in SF, thus fulfilling a certain debt and prophecy, then the world can be free to shed its scars and ascend into a new age…
or Makoto, Viper and Rose join the cast? I dunno

5 Likes

Kandoken is THE best fan artist
One of the very few i will trust to handle a SF chapter artworks

2 Likes

It’s justvgonna be a wrestler relateded character, like elfuerte then oro, rose land neo shadaloo characters.

If we don’t count decapre/dolls/SNHcrap/lamestofSF1?

To me worst would be like

• Twelve
  • Rufus
  • Maki
  • C.Viper
  • Ingrid

Unironically your list would not be THAT bad to me:

• Fei Long <- if i have only one slot for S5, would give it to him
  • Dee Jay <- eh, still a fighter at least, “SF rep” of kickboxing too
  • T. Hawk <- i don’t hate him
  • Rose <- not her greatest fan, but at least i will get good stage i guess (give me dat Venice concept)
  • Q <- yeah, with G in he may feel redundant (i still feel he is G) and there are soooo many options that will help variety more than him, but the char have his bizzarre charm

Will be a 6/10 to me, kinda mediocre Season with the main merit of adding Fei
They can do much bigger disaster in my eyes

My ideal Season would be something like

• Fei Long
  • Abel
  • Elena
  • Oro
  • One that can be Eagle-Makoto-Yun-Retsu

Honorable mention in all of this worst/best: Dan
Of course it will be a terrible addition, but at same time i just love the char so much that i can’t force myself to hate it
SF4 Omega Dan was godlike LOL :smiley:
Before some idiot jump reading this, of course i don’t want Dan in, i’m saying if capcom pull that bullshit my heart can’t hate lol

Abigail, Gill, Seth … oh wait !

I’ll have to go with
Twelve
Q
Necro
Ingrid
Remy

1 Like

Dark Sakura is still a something that cannot be ignored lol

Dark Sakura is still a something that cannot be ignored lol

I won’t mind seeing Twelve, Necro and Remy again but it’s unlikely. I really like Necro to return with both Dhalsim and Blanka in the game.

Remy could be easily redeemed, have potential
Despite me liking Abel more, Remy is by far best France rep

SFV art style would butcher him though

As a french I find this highly offensive.
Also no, while Abel takes a lot of inspiration from Fedor Emelianenko, you can easily find the french inspiration whereas Remy has nothing french except for his outdated name.

1 Like

My reasons:

• Makoto and Fei Long <- I’m not against Makoto OR Fei Long, I’m against Makoto AND Fei Long. Both are pure physical, pure traditional, pure simple martial arts designs, having BOTH at the same time would feel like a big lack of diversity. Plus I’ve never considered them great characters IMO, especially their gameplay.
  • T. Hawk and Dee Jay <- They’re filler characters, kind of.
  • Rose <- We already have Menat.
  • Gen or Gouken <- They were sort of established as being dead? Anyway, they shouldn’t miss their chance to use Goutetsu instead of Gouken.
  • Elena or Rolento <- They were already added in the last iteration of SF4, having them AGAIN now in the last iteration of SFV kind of bugs me. Would probably confirm they’re more likely unnecessary.
  • Guy or Maki <- There’s Zeku already, so, big nope.
  • El Fuerte <- His character and voice are annoying. Fortunately, it’s almost impossible that he will come back for SFV (maybe VI). I don’t think Rufus would be back either; they’re kind of the T. Hawk and Dee Jay of SFIV.
  • C. Viper <- Never liked her much, but I guess I’d be ok with her being in the game.
  • Q <- There’s already G and Balrog. IDK, him along with Twelve and Remy feel like they rather should be back for a SF3 sequel, because of plot reasons.

Special mention to Hakan. I think of everyone out there, he would be the most unlikely and WTF addition. So much, I wouldn’t know what to think.

Having Yun again would be abyssmal!! >__< IDK, he’s ongoing presence in the franchise is just so annoying to me.
So, I gotta include Yun in my “worst scenario” list. Maybe instead of Q. Hugo should probably be in that list too; he was a disaster in SFIV.

I didn’t think about Dan. I guess I’d be OK with him returning, I mean he’s a ‘classic’ character, more or less. Would I prefer Dan, or Sean? I seriously don’t know. But I wouldn’t be mad if Dan returns.

Again, the only character I care about is Sodom. He would be the one that DESERVES the spot since he’s the only Alpha character that hasn’t been back (no clones included; sorry, Juli and Juni). But sadly, I don’t think Capcom would care.

Anyway, it wouldn’t be so much of a loss, I think SFV has made so many right things with the roster I can be ok with that little flaw.

Abel is for greatgreat part straight based on Fedor Emelianenko who’s russian and does russian sambo. He’s also inspired on a great french Judo Champion, but seems secondary to Fedor’s huge weight in Abel’s concept
Canon wise i think he’s not even french but passed x time there

Remy is supposed to rep french savate, so yes, Remy being french using a french martial art is much better France rep :smiley:

What if they use one of the slots to introduce who will be the next protagonist of SF6?

Wouldn’t that be interesting, kind of?

1 Like

From a story perspective, this is probably Capcom’s chance to set up SF6 plot/hype. I feel like closure for the other Shadowloo-plot characters at this point is not needed, possibly barring Abel whose ambitions post-ASF aren’t really clear. So that leaves:

• “Prophecy” characters, like Rose/Oro, can directly foreshadow SF6, especially in guiding us towards whomever the main threat is.

• The SF3 cast can get prologues to that game, which could potentially help the likes of Necro and Remy make more sense as characters

• If Neo-Shadowloo isn’t the main plot of SF6, then I could appreciate getting another one of them just to see what the organization itself is like, with Ed/Falke’s stories being more personal in nature.