The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Yeah or sometime they gone for a less good version
Like i doubt many wanted FF1 Poison over the much better SF4 one wich was an evolution of it

TBh even just with Color Edit i could save muh SFV as we speak, too bad i’m not a pc player they got the mod for it since first days

3 Likes

Yeah, I’m pissed off that some of their “nostalgia” “classic” costumes are not the actual real deal, because they have some minor but annoying alterations (such as Ibuki’s cape or Birdie’s glasses, or Cammy’s whatever variations). There’s just no f**cking excuse. If you want to give me nostalgia, give me the exact nostalgia, not some “variation” of it, it makes no sense.

I believe the reason for doing that is to add small things to make the look fresh but familiar. Kind of the same way Capcom gave Vega a shirt for his Default, or Bison’s coat for his default.

Small alterations makes the costume feel refreshing after seeing it for so many years.

Granted, I do believe in “if it ain’t broke, don’t fix it”.
Many of the small changes do make a difference, little or big. And it can ruin what made the original costume so good in the first place.

Yeah, I hope they add that for SF6 too.

They could have added a “secret code” (geez, I hate that) to Cammy’s faux-Alpha costume, to remove the coat. Because why the f**ck not? Same for Birdie’s glasses and Ibuki’s cape.
Thing is, if they’re marketing as “nostalgia” costumes, at least give us a chance to play the original.

Then you have Sagat’s “nostalgia” and “Classic” costumes, that esentially have him wear different colored shorts. That’s stupid.

They got it right more or less surprisingly. Someone there is reading this thread.

1 Like

While we’re on the subject of costumes, I ranked all the SF Waifu’s costumes into a tier list.
This is my opinion, and it goes from Left-to-Right in the order of Character debut in SFV.
(Explanations for Chun’s tiers shall be provided upon request)

2 Likes

Other customizables should have been:
Cammy = Add lightning tattooes on her legs so it’s the classic appearance
Cammy = Nostalgia costume remove the coat so it’s the classic Alpha outfit
R. Mika = Add the hearts to her breasts so it becomes the classic Alpha outfit
Birdie = Nostalgia costume add/remove sunglasses
Seth = Nostalgia costume classic color

They got most of the nostalgia costumes right, but they should have made those changes too.

That could have worked.

2 Likes

Yeah, that was pretty intentional when you think that the Dolls (wich is different from Alpha Cammy) one got it

Even without codes, they could just have handled the “specific game version” alts with Fighting Chance wich was perfect for that… i had great hopes for it, too bad they killed it soon

the hell I can’t edit and add content to my post because of my internet .I think my draft having error with saving the link. that i accidentally delete and post as new.

Good Redesign:

• Bison -

• Sagat - both Sagat and Bison are the best redesign default in SFV

• Karin

• Dhalsim

• Urien

• Sakura (Color Palette needs to return to original)

• Poison -except for the new special moves

• Ehonda

• Claw - It’s okay for a default but It’s not necessary to change because that’s his look in the underground, same thought’s on Mika, Boxer, Zangief, Ibuki, Alex and etc that has a ring and stage personality while ibuki is included because that’s her clothes for her ninja mission.

Became Terrible:

• Nash - everything wrong, the stitch are huge just like a dark stalker character, except the new gameplay

• Ken - everything wrong, the only thing good is the new tatsu, color palette that was originally should be dominant red then yellow now Red has became a secondary color, contradicts sf3.

• Akuma - widening the body is better but the rest is wrong. I like SF4 more, contradicts sf3. weird hair growth and no beard.

• Birdie - everything wrong, huge donut, except the new gameplay

• Alex

• Boxer

• Guile

• Ibuki

unmentioned characters are neutral and average

we’ll that’s my opinion, but there is no better personal opinion compare to data from usage and polls

from polls

Out of the 355 costumes this are the 20 most disliked and worst among the 355 in-game…

Mostly because of being either out of character and proportions. for example like Viewtiful Joe in Rashid makes it on the top best and successful while Megaman Ryu is on the top worst and failed among the 355 even it was Megaman and Ryu.

Capcom should do a character costume poll from all games from SF4, SF5 and crossover titles like MVC series then analyze the data from polls combined with data in usage.

To avoid filter unnecessary biases and irrelevant request to real interest rather than demands that weren’t really worth the time, save effort, budget and development cost of developers, marketing and designers. Others just wan’t thing for the sake that they are there but they aren’t willing to use it among the rest of the other choices. Then other cost can be distributed to other relevant and productive content that people will really use and spend money to be purchase.

Data from polls and statics that were run globally helps things to be filter from both unwanted or unreliable information, opinions, biases and request. It help the marketing, designers and developers in which content to prioritize and which content can be productive to return. It gives clarity to relevant information that is factual and real\

I like that Chun costume too, How I wished capcom would do like a combination from MVCI, UMVC3 along with SFXT, SFV and SF4

by the way how would you rank this one

I like this Cammy Costume too

1 Like

Since this is an MvC costume, instead of an SF costume, I’m rather impartial to it. If I were to rank it on my Chun-Li costume list, which would include every costume she’s worn ever, I would rank this one in the Low C-Tier to High D-Tier. (Ranging from “Meh” to "Dislike)

This costume may be trying too hard to give her a “cultured” look, with the American cowboy boots as well as the clothes that look Sweedish. Not sure if they were trying to rebrand her “And I can get back to being a single girl” look from her SFII ending. If they did, it didn’t transfer well.

1 Like

Yup she wearing different bottom there in SF4

original sf2

other version and reinterpretations

2 Likes

The top, I really like. And I wouldn’t mind if it makes its way into the game, or sometime later in a future SF game.

I do prefer the hair down and the shorts, rather than the jeans. It definitely feels much more casual. But both work.

B-Tier

1 Like

Same I do like the hair down it’s more faithful to the original reference and It feels more casual.

1 Like

Lol Bison

It’s like they don’t have the idea that SF2 Bison versus Akuma didn’t happen or non-canon anymore.

While Gen was written to have nulifying techniques against it was now rumored dead at the hands of Akuma without even using SGS.

That excepts only Gouken has what Gen can do.

and Goutetsu isn’t going back from the grave anyway.

Gill and Bison also is non- canon anyway

The tattoo doesn’t bother me as much as the blond chest hair/happy trail.

I dunno why it hasn’t been an alt, but it’s a Shadaloo uniform and she’s not in Shadaloo anymore. But Decapre basically has it anyway.

If SF6 goes the ArcSys route like I want, it won’t even HAVE alt costumes.

Seems pretty accurate to me.

I feel like there’s an astronaut meme in there.

They explicitly do.

“There are two more instances (both non-canonical) wherein Akuma uses Raging Demon left. The first is, well, the first we ever saw Demon: at the end of Street Fighter 2 against M. Bison.”

1 Like

It’s always been Mu is anti-SGS.

It’s still pretty much lethal to those who can’t be at the same speed as Guy and without MU like Goutetsu.

As for Gill it’s still questionable but it’s likely he’ll survive since it’s now clear that it is just fast attacks.

yeah that too
Somebody at capcom can’t resist do it when obese fighter step in the ring LOL
immagine

2 Likes

Additionally, Capcom filed a trademark for “ Darkstalkers ” alongside filings for “Capcom Cup,” “Capcom Fighters,” “Capcom Pro Tour,” “ Street Fighter League” (2), and “World Warriors Challenge.”

Your list is pure enlightened gentleman.

Well done

3 Likes

So, tomorrow is the day for the anouncements, right?

1 Like

Yeah tomorrow is the day.