The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Necessity, i prefer the classic look (wich i’ve set as standard) but they chosen to evolve Bison and Balrog (and later Sagat) designs, he had to change too

Sidegrade feels more accurate probably

They gone light on him (good, as he was one of best designs), with a change that’s coherent with his style while at it
I just wish they keept SF4 color scheme, Vega with reddish brown SF2/4 hair was more useful to the cast
Also the pants were better if purple probably
Colors wise more or less i wish they did like in that SF4 alt

Ok, I can accept it as a sidegrade. It’s not a bad design and it’s been able to satisfy me for as long as we didn’t have the classic one… but man, the original is such a BEAST of greatness that basically just throwing a shirt over it only hurts it.

1 Like

I think you disagree with the direction they gave him more than with the design itself

The design itself is good for what they got in mind, and gave him an archetype (the big fat fighter, with Honda joining only years after) while Zangief was already covering the muscle gorilla gimmick

I like his puffy shirt…

I think that’s terrible logic. They’re BOTH terrible. The direction they gave him is crap. The fact that his crap design fits his crap direction doesn’t make his design not crap.

1 Like

Yeah, if we go down to personal preferences classic Vega is one of the greatest “SF design” * ever, consider that to me it made Claw be one of the few SF charaters that in my opinion will be cool see in any future SF no matter what

If we speak about SF2 crowd my list will be Ryu, Ken, Chun, Cammy, Zangief, Vega, Sagat

Others can get replacements kinda like when Nash was the “guile” of SFA, but remove one of the above designs and me sad
Fun thing most of these were even recognized by SF3 talibans, considering i remember reading somewhere that if SF3 got a 4th expansion, Zangief and Sagat will have joined the cast

*even if is a complete rip-off, i don’t care :smiley:

I agree with most of all that. But Dhalsim needs to on that list. Also agree that O.Vega is one of the most amazing designs in not just street fighter, but video game history.

I mean a spanish ninja with a claw and bad ass snake tattoo. Even the backstory is amazing. Just awesome design all around.

Can we get this designer back for SF6 please?

3 Likes

Actually his design execution has been good

• His look is recognizable as Birdie
  • Stylization they used is correct to SF standards
  • New body build does’nt deny the previous one but starts from there to go in the direction they have been told to go
  • Parts they changed like hair, pendant, jacket were good changes and fit him

If i must pick 2 things i think they got “wrong” i don’t like the choice of the belly tattoo, seem to me more an american thing (i may be wrong). The other thing i prefer the old Alpha color scheme wich made a more interessing palette, but the colors being dumb down is a general problem of SFV art direction, not specific fault of Birdie

But still, overall they made a good fat lazy hungry Birdie (new design), that’s what they was told to do (new direction)
Again, i think you just hate a lot the direction, wich is fair as is a pretty controversial one

Well, great part of SF2 Vega costume came straight from HNK :smiley:

The “Nameless Asura”, specifically from a flashback scene of him while at it

But still, how they handled the rip-off and added perfect elements (many still from HNK) gave life to one of SF best characters ever, no doubt

1 Like

Yeah. I remember it was sort of a disillusion when I learned SF and KOF were mostly composed of HNK and JoJo’s ripoffs.

Everything is a Jojo or HNK rip-off one way or another.

Why is Cammy’s Alpha costume so taboo?

We didn’t have it as an alternate in SFIV or SFV :S

Any explanation?

2 Likes

There is a variation of her “doll” costume in SFV.

1 Like

Shadaloo Cammy’s theme song in XvSF is bonkers :love_you_gesture::love_you_gesture:

1 Like

Yeah. “Variations”. But never the real, original outfit.

1 Like

Yeah, i was annoyed by that too, we never got this

Strange that we even got Cannon Spike one, but not Alpha

Maybe they keept it last together with SF2/3 Ken for DLC?
Possible, after all Alpha Bison or SF2 Vega were highly expected and got hold hostage of their dlc gimmick strategies for long time

Well, in 2 days they will probably announce new costumes too

1 Like

Yeah, I’m pissed off that some of their “nostalgia” “classic” costumes are not the actual real deal, because they have some minor but annoying alterations (such as Ibuki’s cape or Birdie’s glasses, or Cammy’s whatever variations). There’s just no f**cking excuse. If you want to give me nostalgia, give me the exact nostalgia, not some “variation” of it, it makes no sense.

Cammy’s Alpha costume is just so f**cking beatiful, I miss it.

Also, why the “Secret Code” thing to alter the costumes? Why does it have to be so secretive? Just give me a selectable option.

I like the idea of just having costumizables costumes for SF6.

With a little hope, that would help us to make some of the Dev. Team’s costumes less terrible.

1 Like

Because it’s hard to justify selling it when it’s so similar to the classic one, so they slap a jacket or some other thing on it to make it look more different.

It’s not an exact science, since we’ve got some outfits that are also very similar to each other, but I think that’s the idea.

EventScrubs disrespecting the most deadly move of SF history.

2 Likes