The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Lmao, you know to have reached the bottom when even eventhubs comment section finds your article too retard :smiley:

1 Like

EDIT, go to twitch

Not SF related, but holy crap Nagoriyuki looks so friggin’ cool

4 Likes

That roundtable was great! It had all the parts of EVO I actually care about…the character announcements!

first reaction i got watching that trailer, would like a new black character with actual cool/serius vibe in SF

Dudley was awesome but got also lot of english lord funny gimmick, plus he have kinda ambiguous traits
Would like a clear african/african origin char

1 Like

yeah, was hoping for a S5 teaser though

maybe even just almost impossible to recognize silhuettes, will have been 5 days of wild guessing lol

I’m totally fine with that. It beats being a Smash fan right now.

More swordsmen. How exciting. Not.

2 Likes

And, not for nothing, but maybe try to avoid any combination of the letters N, G and R when naming your Black characters.

1 Like

https://twitter.com/sleepy_scrub/status/1289401529183608832
Ok, it’s definitely Alex. I also thought it was Urien.

3 Likes

To each their own, but having a non-stereotypical unambiguously darkskinned black character with locks, rocking the samurai look with a stylized future take, especially since more people are learning about Yasuke, is freakin’ exciting to me. He looks fun, but like Raven, he’s a clearly black character, not ambiguously brown with anime hair and eyes like some character designs of yesteryear and he’s seriously embodying a Japanese warrior aesthetic and not in a goofy fanboy way.

Just considering how black characters have been portrayed in the past, it’s nice to see something that not only is solid, but unique to us as well. I love my Balrogs, Dee Jays, Dudleys and such, but when we’ve had some hits, misses, and kind of similar character designs for so long (lots of boxers or soldier types), it’s nice to see something really go for it in a different way.

Oh definitely, like I said, I’ve liked what we’ve gotten in SF previously, but I’d love a new black character that’s doing something different all across the board. Also, it’d be neat to get more African characters. Africa’s a huge continent with so many different cultures, it’d be cool to see a new martial art and aesthetic.

6 Likes

Tbh considering even capcom itself got multiple ideas for a SFV char with a reinforced single fist (before discard all of them) would be cool see a Dambe rep at some point

For the left-right side problem (being asymmetrical) either do like for Vega’s claw (or Oro arm), or give him two stances like Gill have so he can keep ever the armed hand rear

Personally i would prefer first solution, i dislike in 2D games a char have a backside stance, unless he’s specifically designed for it (rare)… Gill in SFV look bad when he’s in 1P left side

Plus this stance would be stylized in a cool way in a SF game :smiley:
immagine

4 Likes

Always wanted a Nigerian grappler for some reason. Imagine similar gameplay to Goro Daimon but with nigerian aesthetics.

5 Likes

That would honestly be really awesome.

then you will be lucky, from what i’ve read on wiki Dambe is associated with Hausa people who have most of their lands/roots in Nigeria

On mechanic level a Dambe char can be part grappler, as they use a lot their bare lead hand not only for block parry but also for grab or pull
Stylized down to SF i would see it works as a defensive hybrid striker/grappler char who have counters, where all grabs are to open the way to land an huge blow and counters can similar to Ryu’s VS2/VT2

If we drop Dambe idea and you want black char who’s more a “traditional grappler” that launch and slam people a la Goro Daimon… i say he can be straight judo as a Teddy Riner tribute, dude could work great stylized for a SF game

Would also be a black char that is’nt a criminal/thug or with heavy funny gimmick going on… just a sport superathlete who have no more challenges in his circuit and ear stories about how great are fighters of SF cast
My perfect SF ever have a tournament base for the story anyway, so you can just random new fighters sign up without have to made up some try-hard story about clones, scifi labs, shadaloo/illuminati links etc

Just new fighters coming to challenge the classic cast we already know, to me would be the best

I liked how Kengan Ashura essentially just made up a huge group of new chars to challenge the classic manga cast

Yes that guy on down-left is totally Q inspired LOL (the manga have lot of FG inspirations)

1 Like

More “additional variety”, man? Geez…

does’nt need to be extreme as KA there (let alone SF3), but yes, -if done well- i would welcome a consistent “big” group of new characters stepping into SF universe and expanding it

Even SFV wich has been kinda bold on that matter, there’s still this unwritten mindset that want new characters as something like an annoying necessity that’s allowed to bit just a very very small % of the pie
Plus many of them were derivative or weak or bad developed… ora combination of these
Essentially as concepts they lack ambition, while i appreciate characters that understand the need to fit existing cast, some of these just seem to exist and wait to be forgotten one game after

SF3 had in mind how to create great new characters that can stick in people’s mind, problem was on other hand they’ve been too arrogant to admit SF2 legacy

Assuming new characters that are good concepts, supported in any way they need and are willing to truly influence the chapter, i would welcome them to be in even greater % than SFV

6 Likes

I disagree with him about the story mode being forgettable. Especially given that the Super Best Friends LP of it that HE’S ON is still one of my favorites.

Not gonna lie, there is a part of me (filled with morbosity) that kinda wish they sticked to their guns with the Realistic SFV project developed by NOT DIMPS with Hobbo Ryu from the mountains (Mas Oyama Style) and Cyber Bison…I mean, its not like Capcom wouldnt sell classic costumes for them anyway lol.