The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Sodom is the only character I care about.

https://twitter.com/ryo_redcyclone/status/1288087559763931136?s=20

4 Likes

Abel, Gouken and Hakan are great characters though

Some characters not-in-SF4 were not as good while at it

SF4 is also one of the most under-represented in SFV

4 Likes

I think the only “home-run” characters for SFV are Juri and C. Viper. Seth got the “OK” to return in SFV because he’s the “final boss”.
Everyone else is either forgettable, or a minor character.

Actually I like most of the new characters in SF4 with the exception of seth and elfuerte (and decapre). Just think those slots should go to people we havent seen since the 90s

3 Likes

Rufus was the absolute worst

5 Likes

I hated Seth and Oni more, but yeah, he’s pretty fucking awful.

Rufus: “MESSIAAAAH KI-”

[spoiler]
Bison: “AWAY WITH YOU!! ULTIMATE… PSYCHO… CRUSHAAAAAAAAAAH!!!”

Bison utterly vaporizes Rufus from the impact of his mighty psycho crusher

Bison: “Next.”

[/spoiler]

1 Like

Nothing wrong with Rufus imo. Fits with the general lore of SF, a highly stereotypical character with a martial arts background. An obese dude with swift movements.

Rufus is much less herpderp than Abigail who I hate with a passion.

3 Likes

They both suck.

Yeah, but he’s a really shitty example of that trope.

2 Likes

Rufus has a martial art background?

Very exaggerated for sure and disgusting to look at. But hey theres a niche for for that im sure. There hadnt been a character like that before in the street fighter world.

And yes hes character story is based on “martial arts”. He lost in the american tourney to ken hence the beef with him, his dress is roughly based on bruce less yellow outfit and he does “kung fu” of some sort.

3 Likes

C. Viper is okish, same as El Fuerte. Abel is largely superior.

He used to watch a lot of kung fu movies.

2 Likes

Rufus is cool. Good gameplay, good personality (I love his winquotes). The outfit/general appearance could be improved a bit, though.

As for El Fuerte, his personality is unsalvagable, but I’d like an almost complete redesign, he looks way too generic.

1 Like

Reality his bio say he traveled to China and learned from masters there

I guess the gimmick is that he stayed there for short time, but him being a an almost 200kg man who can move surprising fast/agile make up the technique gap and give him the illusion he’s already some sort of great Master

1 Like

Btw SF4 characters

JURI > Gouken, Abel >>> Hakan, C.Viper, Elf > Rufus > Seth > Oni, Decapre, New Evil Ryu

The fact people don’t realize why Abel was a such good design is good design is sad

Abel is Necalli before Necalli, a character with great design that just never been developed as he should have been

5 Likes

Didn’t he end up becoming a wacko that likes bears a little too much?

SF x T took something that could have been a quirky little moment and made it pretty odd lol.

We know he loves animals with his intros (dogs vs Cammy’s love of cats), but they made him a bit too spaced out in SFxT. It could’ve been a nice contrast to Guile, hardened military guy, with a softer side that’s buried vs Abel, who’s a tough guy, but has a bit more innocence outward and isn’t as jaded and ruined by the world…but they messed him up in the execution.

I’d like to see him get another chance in the future.

1 Like

Btw i played new stage

• Can confirm is ALEX the one being beated up by Gief (statues)
  • Gill stand up and point finger at the action when you to an CA (kinda bad animation)
  • As usual you pick Gill he disappear from the background
  • When Gill wins, members of secret society open arms, revealing red-blue hands
  • i love this stage, but some will complain (who cares)

Code new Laura alt as expected is her without jacket

5 Likes

Dogs
But… like any normal person do
Counterpart to Cammy/Cats essentially

EDIT: yeah forgot SFxTK. No idea what was that bs with Kuma, i guess some kind of jap humor we completely miss lol
Surprising ZANGIEF barely gave fucks about an actual martial arts trained bear being an opponent

1 Like