The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

TBF I wouldn’t worry that much about the workload, Capcom outsources almost everything SFV anyway lmao

2 Likes

People care most of the call backs, flash back and cameos than actual new stuff. TBH

This is why there are tons of videos trying to reference DBFZ from the manga and animation side by side. Same with JoJo too.

What USF4 did as an intro is fine already but to extend that with the outro is good also than spending unnecessary stuff for things that people wouldn’t delve in so much.

There’s a roundtable with Japanese fighting game publishers on Friday and Capcom is there.

They’re gonna be talking about the industry and the latest updates on their respective games, so we might get some Season 5 updates here.

Full list of people attending:

Daisuke Ishiwatari (Guilty Gear General Director)
Kazutoshi Sekine (ArcSys General Battle Director)
Akira Nishitani (Producer of Fighting EX Layer)
Yasuyuki Oda (SNK Producer)
Nobuyuki Kuroki (SNK Director)
Shuhei Matsumoto (Street Fighter V Producer)
Takayuki Nakayama (Street Fighter V Director)
Yohei Shinbori (Dead or Alive 6 Producer)
Katsushiro Harada (Tekken series Chief Producer)
Motohiro Okubo (Producer of SoulCalibur VI)

3 Likes

And that’s a problem, as i did’nt liked good portion of the people they hired lol

Btw outsourcing still cost money

But if we want imagine a SFV without limits, special intros could have been something BIG with a 45 slots cast and each char having minimum 2 clear links, up to Ryu’s 8-9(?) lol

Good, seems like japanese developers made the right decision to don’t let EVO fail crap to interfere with their original DLC schedule and made up from zero an event

Good chance Season V (only 3 chars i guess) will make the jump without suffer some retard delay to chase next decent gaming event

Strange not see Ono there, not even a Blanka pic anywhere

1 Like

Let’s wait and see I don’t expecting anything huge other than costume and stage reveals. A single character preview would be enough surprising.

1 Like

To be fair, those DBFZ videos exist because of how many moves appear to be taken from the anime, manga, and sometimes even the old 2D fighting games. Not just the supers and specials either, even the normal attacks. Not just inspired either, as some are pretty much one-to-one matches when you overlay a manga panel. Which of course drives people to look for even more potential references.

Though some of the DBFZ interest is because these characters existed for so long outside of fighting games. People want the fighting game incarnations to reference the source material. They want Goku to fight like Goku, not like a reskinned Ryu.

3 Likes

CE Ost will be released on Sept. 30th.

3 Likes

What’s the Fighting Layer guy going to have to say? Didn’t production of that game stop before they even finished their last announced DLC character?

Edit: Oh, Area actually came out at some point and I missed it. Well good on them then.

I do think it would be cool if they started adding Fighting Layer characters though.

Wasn’t Ono demoted or something? Seems to be more of a hype person now.

Tbh i’m not even THAT surprised at not have him there… but -likely Season V reveal- event in few days, and not even a little Blanka pic?

That demotion seems less “soft” than initially thought, don’t even remember last time i seen him try do his gimmicks

1 Like

Ono is basically PR. The guest list seems to be made up of people directly involved in gameplay design. Ono hasn’t been that since SFxT.

3 Likes

Yet he still makes shitty creative choices for his games

1 Like

Or at least, takes the blame for the shitty decisions.

2 Likes

They just recently updating the net code, I don’t know what happened after it’s just like a month ago, So expect something more interesting. Akira Yuki, Haggar or Chun li would be a decent guest character in that game.

1 Like

Neither SFV or MvCi were under Ono’s direction. Hell the worst parts of SFxT, well besides Tekken (blech), were decisions made by the higher ups at CoJ. Gems and On Disc DLC were their decisions. Capcom of America tried to tell them but CoJ told them to kick rocks. Ono is basically Capcom’s FGC whipping boy. He’s there Baghdad Bob. He gets carted out to take the blame for someone else’s fucked up decisions.

Edit: @DarthEnder as @The_Shakunetsu said. Arika are trying their hands a rollback netcode. They just did some beta tests on PC.

5 Likes

Now that you mention Capcom USA, I have always wondered if there is any significance in CapUsa having the SF trademark, I believe its been the case since the mid 2000s or so.

Thats a fair point but someone came up with this idea for gems and I doubt the higher ups would be creative enough for that.

As for on DLC personally I didnt mind that at all. So youre paying extra for 10 extra characters or whatever it was at around 20 bucks or something right? Does it matter if its not on disc and you download all the dlc assets later or its already there and you just down unlock? Not directed at you @darc_requiem. Just sayin didnt understand what all the hoo ha was about.

If this doesn’t include the “President of the World” theme heard in G’s video that fans have been asking for SINCE DAY ONE then Capcom is officially utterly retarded

How’d SFxT sell again?

1 Like