The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

This is a Street Fighter thread ffs

5 Likes

I wish we could get more interviews like that for SF

4 Likes

Probably. You were both making posts about this that were tl;dr.

I regret my attempt at humor. It has spawned a whole discussion that, frankly, I didn’t see coming.

1 Like

I blocked him too lol

Well, I talked before about a “wishlist” for a possible Street Fighter spinoff fighting game.

I would have liked a STREET FIGHTER X BLOODY ROAR game, where the SF characters turn into werebeasts.

But I actually think SNK characters would cross over the better with Bloody Roar (Terry the Wolf, Ramon the Tiger, Nakoruru the Eagle, etcetera).

tenor

5 Likes

On the subject of spinoffs, now that I’ve played SoR4, holy crap, giving me a Final Fight and or a modern Captain Commando in this style would be a dream. The game’s art direction, easter eggs, attention to detail, amazing music, emphasis on combos really make this shine. I want to see more beat 'em ups modernize like this.

7 Likes

A new “Capcom All-Stars” beat em up could be really cool.

You could select characters from Final Fight, Captain Commando, Strider, Mega Man could be an unlockable character, etcetera.

It’s not that hard to imagine.

Ryu = Dragon
Ken = Phoenix
Chun-Li = Crane? (IDK)
Guile = Bald eagle
Zangief = Bear
Dhalsim = Mongoose? Elephant?
E. Honda = Hippo? XDD
Blanka = He’s human (Something like ‘Missing I.Q.’ Gomez?), actually Blanka would be his beast form
Vega = Crow
Boxer = Buffalo
Sagat = Tiger
Dictator = Demon?

I love beat’em ups so a new Final Fight or even an SF-style beat’em up would be incredible

4 Likes

Sorry but nobody asked for Street Fighter 2: The Fursona Fighters.

I second that. The Final Fight cast really need their own time in their spotlight again.

1 Like

Mmm, I was thinking about it.

Is it BR really ridiculed for being a ‘fursona fighter’?

I don’t think so. But I think with BR graphics they were aiming to photorealism.

That wouldn’t blend at all with SF’s ‘highly stylized cartoon/anime’ style. That would mean creating actual designs for the animals and such, instead of just being ‘realistic’ animals.

I don’t know. If it’s done in ASW anime/3D style, it could look freaking cool.

Incorrect.

Furries are never cool.

4 Likes

What about Felicia, Sasquatch, Q.Bee, Jon Talbain, etcetera?

I wouldn’t want Street fighter to cross with Bloody Roar (though if it was so over the top and ridiculous, I’d be curious to see how it turned out and would at least try it out if there was good trailer), but I’m not afraid to say I loved the Bloody Roar series back in the day. You basically had the X-men with Werewolves and stuff. I’d be down for a modern reboot

Id like a SF x Fatal Fury

4 Likes

Ono said that he was gonna put Gouki in Mortal Kombat 11 as a guest but his bosses didn’t like that idea for PR purposes. That’s what that picture was about between Ed and Ono (they were bouncing around ideas between Mortal Kombat and Street Fighter.

I would be open to SF x KoF if they avoid the worst of KoF.

A NESTs + Shadaloo team-up makes me SEXUALLY AROUSED