The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

@Shockdingo @Chun-Li_Forever Ok, I’ve read the article Ryoredcyclone wrote about Chun-Li’s EIGHT DIVERSE FATHERS in various interpretations of the canon, and in this novel Chun-Li’s father is named 火龍 Huǒ Lóng (“Fire Dragon”).

He was stockier than the Dorai we now know, so at least this part isn’t canon anymore. Additionally, Chun-Li was given a surname, 楓 Fēng (“Maple”). Her mom was named 美華 Měi Huá (“Beautiful Flower”). Chun-Li’s surname was disregarded since then, and she has had at least another two surnames in Western movies, so make of that what you will.

6 Likes

Not saying it’s okay. Just that that’s probably why.

1 Like

Dan is lucky as fuck.

1 Like

Go Hibiki has never been so proud to hear Yatade Oyaji!!! From beyond the grave before.

“That’s my boy!”

6 Likes

Zangief and Alex have an argument

[spoiler]
Alex: “At ease, loser.”

Zangief: “ACTUALLY…”

Alex: “…?! The fuck? ANTI-AIR!”

Zangief: “Okay, but wait.”

Alex: “You’re still ain’t dead?”

Zangief: “Come here for a second.”

Alex: “What? No!”

Zangief: “Naw. I just want to have a casual conversation with you about muscle power.”

Alex: “WHAT THE FUCK IS THIS SHIT RIGHT HERE?!”

Zangief: “This is the RED CYCLONE!”
[/spoiler]

https://twitter.com/prototypeoflife/status/1254441414961717249?s=20

1 Like

Because of how horrible it looks compared to other fighting games, especially with the stupid costumes ?

4 Likes

LMAO at that match

Also OMG this…

What an unbelievably fugly game

1 Like

If this video had

• Standard Zangief, standard color
  • SF3/Nostalgia Alex, standard color
  • Zangief stage or first CPT Stage (wrestling/boxing ring)

This video will be beautiful visual poem.
I will like to pretend it even being canon and treat of spd whoever disagree.

Instead everything got picked to be ugliest eyesore as possible, i blame capcom

6 Likes

What an eyesore. Didn’t even know it was Alex until I looked at the lifebar. This game’s visuals are shameful.

3 Likes

Hard disagree.

2 Likes

Enjoy being hard wrong.

1 Like

So was watching TV and the woman looks like she’s cosplaying as Hayato from Star Gladiator :

Summary

Mvc2-hayato

2 Likes

Enjoy having bad taste to you too. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll have to be careful about what I use for comedic value next time.

2 Likes

Hah, same here! Totally thought it was him!

Agreed. An action game with Cammy, Chun Li and Guile could be awesome! I’m just thinking about how many character moments and lore we could get when not restricted to a fighting game format. I’d be down for this wholesale!

1 Like

Dang, interesting stuff! Thanks again man!

1 Like

That’s why I loved Namco X Capcom so much. I still own the PS2 disc. The sequels Project X Zone and Project X Zone 2 weren’t as good in the story department, though. Cannon Spike was also a good opportunity, but it didn’t seem to have any story at all.

3 Likes

tfw there will never be X Zone 3 or Namco vs Capcom 2

2 Likes

You know it’d be nice for Capcom to make something like Project X or SRW but with only Capcom characters. That would definitely be great to see.

From the top of my head, you could combine Interpol with other groups like the Maverick Hunters, BSAA etc and have them face off against a variety of groups.

1 Like

I just wish Capcom did more with their IPs in the “Everyone is here” kinda way. TEPPEN was an okay attempt but it’s just a wack digital collectible card game

5 Likes