The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Ok guys, a quick post with some pictures of SFV - Champion Edition Valuable Edition III.
I’ll try to scan more things (with a better quality) on the weekend.
@Midgardsorm I’ll get back with the SFZ3 stages names tomorrow.
Hope you enjoy.

15 Likes

I loved this one, who is the artist?

9 Likes

@Lord_Vega thats very great stuff

Finally something brand new to be discuss with those interesting Gamest stuff and pictures.

1 Like

@Midgardsorm

Ok. So, regarding UDON’s translation of Game Designer Comment about G in “How to make Capcom Fighting Game Character”, could it be a mistranslation/misinterpretation?
I mean, instead of saying that “G is the final boss of the game” could it be “G is the game’s latest boss.” latest meaning newer?

The original japanese text:

The translation:

Thanks for clarifying the word “emperor” or “king” regarding Sagat!

Abou the stages names. The images below are from SF 30th Anniversary Collection. The stage select screen has the japanese name of the stages translated for Z2, Z3, SF3NG, SF3-2ndI and SF3-3rd Strike. A pity that SF2, SSF2 and SFZ1 stage names were left out.

Below are the screen shots for each game (bear in mind that SF 30th only have the arcade version of each game):

Street Fighter Zero 2

Summary

Street Fighter Zero 3

Summary

Street Fighter III - New Generation (interesting that Gill’s sea of lava stage is called “Secret Society Headquarters” lol)

Summary

Street Fighter III - 2nd Impact

Summary

Street Fighter III - 3rd Strike

Summary

Hope this helps your translations!

Sorry @Spoonman but there’s no name under the art, so I can’t answer your question.

12 Likes

G being the final boss character in the game makes a lot more sense than G being THE final boss of the game.

IMO -

Bison: Final Boss
G: Secret Boss
Necalli: Sub-boss

1 Like

We already know they’re switching to UE4, it’s precisely the reason why SamSho was made on it - they’re honing their skills with the engine so they can use it more effectively for all their future titles. It’s a shame they couldn’t license out UE4 to begin with for KOFXIV and instead made their own from scratch.

If you go by look, Yuda (Gill, both for the thong) and Souther (Urien, both bros for the forehead), Nanto Masters from HNK

As behaviour neither Gill or Nec remind Kars

As backstory/background and bit as behaviour Gill link on multiple points (wich i already listed in the past, let’s avoid being redundant) to Saint Seiya’s Saga/Gemini/Pope Arles

On other hand you got Necalli designed to be a SF Pillar men/Kars tribute

But that’s it, i will not futher try to sell you water is wet, i promise

2 Likes

But…he’s still not even that. He’s not any kind of boss character IN the game.

He’s a secret boss in Arcade isn’t he? Like 3S Q.

5 Likes

Yep, just fought him in arcade mode today.

What is “Shin Zangief”?

I was having a random conversation with my sister about the Legend of Chun Li movie and then I got reminded of the pachislot game that was released around the same time, so I went hunting for the trailer:

I’d be down for a rpg with Chun li now :c
(To be honest, I wouldn’t mind smaller scale solo efforts for some of the characters in different genres.)

4 Likes

Your references and claims doesn’t undo @DarthEnder claims.

Gill is still more akin to Kars, even if Necali had pillarman influences. If there was visually.

The character attitude and behavior is justified by his interaction towards his interaction with other characters. Not by who he has visual likeness unless this is SF2 era when the like of Bison/Vega was a straight up rip off of Washizaki and a few from Kato.

Gill behavior is straight up archetype of a fictional cult leader mixed with a jealous brother, its not restrictive to a specific fictional character to reference directly because they had different settings and environment that gave them different experiences that progress their character.

The thing is like said before in the exact same discussion like SF3 character has multiple inspirations.

Oh really? Okay then.

If i can get different game genre my dream spin-off will be a world size “Shenmue” game either as Ryu (if story play a big role) or as not-canon created character (more quest-based)

Also give me a Slam Masters 3 with Gief, Alex, Mika, Elf, Hugo, Birdie (500 Trillion Powers team reunion)… maybe Honda, Laura, Hakan too :smiley:
Darun as guest is welcome
Would love to see Gief finally allowed to join (he was’nt in previous ones) and win it in Zangief vs Ortega dream match, even if surely capcom will give it to Alex :frowning:

2 Likes

???

Elf it’s been El Fuerte’s abbreviation since forever iirc

While at it Mika stands for R.Mika, not some israeli gay popstar lol

You mean forklift simulator or paper boy.

Shenmue is terrible for the likes of retelling of Ryu backstory, even Yakusa.

Thats not Ryu. Even alpha Ryu is terrible for that Ryu doing chores or quest in a community is not Ryu.

Thats more like Batsu from Rival Schools.

Ryu is for a fighting game, his not even a super hero and not even interesting for a beat em up style traveling like final fight.

Quest mode like games roaming around and chores is more fitting for Sakura and Ibuki.

Travelling beat em up is like final fight is more fitting on the likes of Thawk, Chun li, Zangief, Cammy and Guile.

Urien: “All of you SRK rats…!!!”
[spoiler]

Urien: “Gaze upon the god in front of you. A beat em’ up game should be designed for me and me only. I will enslave all of your women and crush the fools of SRK beneath my heel! No amount of Psycho Power, Satsui no Hadou, Orochi Blood, Devil Gene, Soul Edges, or DOA Alpha projects will overcome the might of your lord and god. Fear me! Kneel before me when in my PRESENCE!!!”

Necalli: “… Devour… Our… our…”

Urien: “!!!”

Urien bitch slaps Necalli

Urien: “… Why are you even here? Actually, I know why you are here. You are here so that SRK can watch as I make your body betray you! Opposing me warrants dismemberment!!”
[/spoiler]

Just here to share an extremely insightful criticism my brother made today.

“It’s dumb that the character named Rolento rolls a a lot. That’s like if they named Vega Wallace because he jumps off walls.”

4 Likes