The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Ken is 3/4 jap and 1/4 american iirc

2 Likes

Did we ever get confirmation about the whole Ken hair dye thing beyond it being claimed simply because his eyebrows are a different color than his hair?

1 Like

HERE (thanks, @Lord_Vega):
Imgur
6:
ケンはガイジン!?
Is Ken a foreigner?!
7:
母方の祖父がアメリカ人のクォーター(外国人の血が4分の1入ってる人)。だけど金色の髪は染めたもの。まゆ毛が黒いのがその証こだ。
He’s a quarter American (a person with one fourth of foreign blood) from his maternal grandfather, but his blond hair are dyed. The fact his eyebrows are black is the proof.

Maybe Capcom retconned that… but that was canon at the time of the Animated Movie.

6 Likes

Dude what the fuck happened to Steven Seagal, man’s turned into a ball

2 Likes

So how strong is Cody really? He’s bound to be stronger than Hugo, right?

I think still holds true, even in SFV his looks feels different than other natural blond characters

Very strong, and definitely favorite over Hugo

SF3 Hugo it’s not the same of FF days though, he became much better since he started the pro wrestling path with Poison

SF3 Hugo is supposed to have done very well (even if losing) vs Ryu during the tournament

1 Like

Yeah, SF3 Hugo is the only fighter to be hit by Ryu’s Shin Shoryuken and not be KO’d by it.

5 Likes

Is Hugo the purple Andore in FF? Also, is Andore Jr. his brother?

He’s the pink one. There is no purple Andore that I can find.

All the Andores are family. But it doesn’t specifically say Jr. is his brother.

1 Like

He doesn’t need to act all he needs just to indimidate and throw one liners based from in-game Win Quotes.

Since its just a fight scenes like episodes compliation and no drama that need critical writing of script.

Yet I understand where your coming from

I think if the issue here is physique theres alot of work around that can be done.

Especially with the technology nowadays compare to the yesterdays that was used on that fake bruce lee scene.

Even p0rn used this one nowadays for fake celebrity stuff.

Comparing to another form of duplication used in terminator.

Its not the same holywood budget used in terminator but with the Jim Carey one it worked.

images-7

Yet overall if not Tyson we can still get other a like fighters just to do fight scene like episodes

Yeah, at this point i think is fair guess him being automatically inferior to Abigail (as FF days) as a thing of the past

Abigail is obviously still the bigger most gifted one… but essentially the same he’s ever been, while Hugo trained hard and developed much more technique and skill

Btw i find bizzarre we still did’nt got side-content news with Seth update

CE launch is really cannibalizing everything under DLC point of view

Current Fighting Chance ends just before it, let’s hope for something at least there

Too bad they didn’t make Abigail the same as in FF. I mean in FF Hugo Andore and Abigail are the same size/height, etc.

Also, in FF didn’t Abigail have a butt jump that lands on you and takes like 50% of your life or was that Hugo Andore?

There they recycled sprites, just as in SF3 Sean is exactly same size of Akuma, despite Akuma being much heavier

But even back in the day Abigail was that big canon wise, more or less same height/weight as now in SFV

Iirc Hugo got the jumping butt drop, while Abigail i don’t even remember if he jumped at all

PS: Absolutely random, but Boss as fuck

5 Likes

That was Andore.
Abigail couldn’t even jump. Not that he needed to. He had only four moves: a punch (now his SFV’s HP), a running punch (his Dynamite Punch during Nitro Charge), an ANGRY running punch (same during Vtrigger) and a super throw (SFV’s Bay Area Sunrise).
Andore had a punch, a running punch, a jumping butt smash, a neck hanging choke (the only move he kept even in SF3) and a tombstone piledriver (that Capcom changed into the Moonsault Press in SF, maybe because he would’ve been too similar to Zangief otherwise).

6 Likes

I have no problem with them making Hugo and Andore less clones.

I just wish they hadn’t made Abigail bigger. Hugo already strained the limits of reason in SF. Abigail is just straight up cartoonish.

3 Likes

If they made a live action with this kind, like putting CGi models to fight.

But The problem with this one is that it needed more budget since its now like those movies sinilar to Roger Rabit,

images-67

That it needed Mocap technology

images-68

While there is a another thing, if they would go either headswapping a CGI fictional character like they did with this

The problem with headswap to CGI is that it would just cause more further in-consistency in movement and action especially for a low budget flick.

So a CGI head swap is terrible and body double would do better like the one I mentioned here

And it would be less an ease with the new Deep Fake that no need to go like what Nike did with Bruce Lee or Terminator.

Yeah. Same thing with Abigail thats the right thing Capcom did with the two while still keeping there looks similar in a way.

Makes them unique to each other rather than just being judge as head swap and pallete swaps.

Capcom just should put a narrative excuse why the likes of Roxy and Poison along with Hugo, Andore and Abigail wear the same is because thats wear there UNIFORMs or trendy outfits they are given to be identified as Mad Gear members during rumbles and gang fights.

Since that is mostly the was the trend so the pallete swap and head swap excused would had make sense. As a part of a property and belonging of a gang.

Search hasn’t helped and I can’t remember who said it, but wasn’t there something in AAC or something that stated one of the intentions of Zero/Alpha was to give Charlie Nash a chance to tell his story as the main character? I’m working on a new video and I was thinking that could be a nice tidbit to include.

1 Like

@Shockdingo I remember this from the older thread. The stuff for Charlie came from an anniversary book. Said anniversary book also states that they didn’t include Cammy because they believed that she wasn’t that popular. I think there’s an interview on shmuplations where they stated that A1 was only made because:

1. They wanted to quickly sell off their surplus of CPS2 boards and knew a new SF game would do that job.

2. Alpha was originally envisioned to be a SNES game and their intent was to port it there. Alpha 1 wasn’t ever ported to the SNES but that would explain why everything was so barren and empty compared to Darkstalkers. That whole SNES thing was still a requirement so they decided to port over Alpha 2.

Can’t wait to finally do some win quotes again. Been so long. Mostly been focused on improving in the actual game, but I miss doing this stuff.

5 Likes