The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

I remember someone (I think it was @Darc_Requiem) saying how they found Sean’s nationality suspicious and curiously in the JP wiki page for NG:

It’s not just because his stage is in NYC otherwise Ken would’ve had Japan as his nationality. Otherwise there’s nothing else interesting apart from saying that he’s Ken’s wannabe student and his stage is Jazzy NYC.

1 Like

I mean…it starts off fun!

2 Likes

I cant remember another video with something related to a vandame friend with something like that topic

Yeah shit gets pretty dark

I just saw Cammy’s quote to Kolin again and had a random thought: why did she peg her as an assassin?

The actual quote:

“You might be an assassin, but you’re nothing more than an amateur compared to me.”

Does Kolin give off killer vibes to anyone?

2 Likes

Wasn’t she a soldier from a war torn nation before Gill found her?

I mean Gill imbued her with powers but her fighting style probably preceded his influence.

Yeah.

Cammy’s win quotes often have her making note of the opponent’s fighting style, so maybe how Kolin fights gives her that impression. Then again, Kolin has a few quotes that imply she’s going to off the opponent, so it could be in her vibe as well.

She got russian Systema (and even if not listed, Sambo) as styles, something that surely come from her eastern (likely Ukraine, Kiev in particular) background…

Besides her past as soldier, Systema itself can be easily associate with russian spy/assassin agent, something her “Helen” design try to sell hard in a very Bond movie way lol

Systema has been used by spetnaz and other russian special forces (iirc Stalin bodyguards were Systema guys) and the style involve also knife and gun stuff

And just to add, Kolin use her ice powers to stab, cut or even impale her opponent

5 Likes

Seth vs Seth winquote

“NEVER call me be my number!”

Seems like they are playing up Seth’s inferiority complex a bit more with his voice delivery and some of his animations as well.

11 Likes

Seth always had bucket loads of personality and backstory, and now he has the original gameplay to match it. 10/10 Capcom.

7 Likes

I wonder what Seths win quote against Gill will be

It’s a weird one, but the slightly out of place “die a thousand deaths” cry on VT activation is (and yeah, I’m probably overthinking this) absolutely something that a trained AI system would get really right and wrong at the same time.

Akuma used to say that in SF4 when doing the Raging Demon

1 Like

That’s what I’m driving at - it’s totally lacking context here, except as a pop-off, and for a character obsessed with being an individual, it’s a weird pop-off. AI systems exhibit this sort of behaviour very often, I just thought it was a neat detail, but as admitted, I think I’m overthinking this!

It’s common in many Japanese video games.

Also “This place shall become your grave”, made famous the world over by Bison in SF4 is now used by Kage and I’ve heard it in Tekken 7.

3 Likes

That actually first appeared in MVSF IIRC.

Yeah, also I do get the vibe that Gill may use her in political assassinations. Her being a soldier + her commando swimsuit outfit definitely gives me the vibe that she does go out on occasion and get her hands dirty.

3 Likes

Sad news, I really enjoyed Assasins Fist, but it was kinda fishy we did not hear any further news after the deal with the production company to develop World Warrior was announced early 2018.

12 Likes

It’s a shame, but I’m glad Joey kept trying to make this authentic and a good product. Shame the studio dragged it’s feet. I guess it’s better than having the final product be something inauthentic and turn into Legend of Chun Li.

The one brightspot is that he hasn’t been burned by this project and still has a great relationship with Capcom, so here’s hoping that they can team up again in the future for something fun.

6 Likes

I agree with you, there is a silver lining here, by the way he talks in his posts it seems that in the deal that just fell through Joey wasn’t even going to be the writer/showrunner; something I can’t imagine after the great job he did in AF, so hopefully a better deal come his way, I just think by the time that happens Mike Moh will probaly be out of reach in terms of budget, so they will need to recast Ryu, I say bring back Jon Foo from SF legacy in that case.

1 Like