The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Poison confused the SF waifu crowd long ago

But please leave Nostalgia Seth alone, if he get clothes as easter egg code It will be the only chance ever for the char to not suck lol

#savetheslot

Got that reply to DarthEnder half written.

Yeah, I havent forgotten.

Look at that artstyle dude…ah, good times

2 Likes

I don’t mind later in the story two seths will fight each other. That would be interesting but not something of both talking individual charcter slots or a character slot.

Just took a pic

6 Likes

It’s as they said, it has taken centuries of select breeding to create the most perfect human, Gill.

1 Like

Btw idk why we are using femSeth to guess how SF4 one will be when we got SF4 in the trailer

Taller or not dude as mass get dwarfed by Bison, who himself in SFV is’nt particular big, at all

And i took a frame where he’s standing and look a bit bigger, watch the reveal trailer and see ingame on movement he looks even smaller than that

Essentially expect NostalgiaSeth to be more or less like SF4 Guy, tall but very thin (for SF standards)
immagine

Wich is ok, considering the direction Seth design took in SFV, the nostalgia one is more a nice cameo than something you should expect perfectly executed

Also most of Seth’s super fast and acrobatic style can fit well a smaller/leaner built too after all

1 Like

There is a severe lack of slender frames in SF artwork in the last decade :frowning:

4 Likes

Here is SFIV Seth next to Evil Ryu and SFV Seth compared to Ryu.

4 Likes

SFv in particular did’nt helped either, with the “super muscle males super sexy females uh uh uh” that also gave Cammy/Juri absolutely unnedeed cheap boobjobs

Rashid could have gone with a more light built, like Guy will have been cool
SFV Ken will have worked better making him a bit leaner (make him lighter than Ryu in the stats was good idea)
Alex too, as part of his 99 visual problems

Ironically the one they successfully made lean is Cody, who design wise could have been a bit more massive lol

1 Like

Bengus did the first new secret file in ages!

9 Likes

Funnily enough Bombman also had a Birdie tribute in this old CAP! pic:

Summary

3 Likes

You’re welcome, glad I could help. I had to enhance the half tone a little bit for that part being (almost) fully readable.

It seems a great piece of equipment, but… Im somewhat skeptical about that “curvy to flat” technology. Also, 13 megapixels and 340dpi doesn’t seems to be enough. I scanned the secret files at 1200 dpi, messed around with the images (brightness, sharpness, etc) and resized to 600 dpi. Also, Photoshop 2015 CC seems to have a great JPG saving plugin, as it saves the pictures with very little artifacts and at small file sizes.

Indeed!

At first I though it would communicate through telepathy, then I realize that it’s lips move when it talks.

Ok. Let’s move to Secret File - Street Fighter Zero 3:

Next: Secret File - Street Fighter III - 2nd Impact

10 Likes

Awesome, some of these are first time i see!

Cody smashing Ken’s head to get free cola never get old

LOL at Gief teaching Mika pecs flex pose only to see her squeezed boobs*

*Surely was’nt the meaning of that, still i like to believe so

If you’re talking about THIS,

then maybe seeing Mika’s boobs wasn’t Zangief’s intent, but the same can’t be said about the authors. It requires a bit of explanation, because the joke is based on a running gag of a Japanese TV comedic duo popular back in 1997; however, even knowing the joke… it isn’t very funny, actually. So don’t worry, it’s not just my explanation that ruins the gag; it’s the gag itself that wasn’t so good to begin with…
Title: he said it…
Cody: Hey, I’ve said not to paint my face too…
Zangief + Mika: That’s it!
Guy: He said it…
Cody: Huh?
Zangief + Mika: dacchūno! ¹

¹ Literally, dacchūno (often transliterated dacchuuno) is only an emphasised form of desu yo (“that is”, and a good plethora of other meanings), and has no particular meaning in itself. However, it was hugely popularised in 1997 by the comedic duo Pirates, composed by the young actresses Yoshimi Asada and Haruka Nishimoto. Dacchūno and its variation chūno (“I’ve said…”, that Cody uses in his speech) became the final punchline of almost every joke they told, complete with a pose with their arm on their knees, designed to purposely squeeze their breasts. You can see them in action here:

As I said before, it’s not very funny, actually.
Dacchūno even won the “New Word of the Year” prize back in 1998; therefore, it’s understandable its inclusion in this Secret File, published in the same year. Since Cody had used …cchūno (“I’ve said…”), Guy already knew how Gief and Mika were going to react.

9 Likes

Thanks for the explanation. Yeah. Those secret files seems to have a lot of those strips with some kind of popular japanese gag.
I think it’s in 3rd Strike one, Q is with his back turned to us, then someone approaches him and he turns with his trenchcoat wide open revealing Twelve instead of his genitals. It seems that some jap pervs used to do that with young school girls just to scare/embarass them.

BTW, have you found anything interesting on that Cody newspaper scoop or on that page of Zangief VS Mika?

Thanks!

1 Like

I did. And that page with Shadaloo files about Rolento and Zangief is awesome.
Rolento’s nationality is given as GERMANY, more precisely EAST Germany. HE’S A FORMER STASI AGENT.
The article about Cody depicts the exact moment the police arrested him, and the reporter asked Haggar about the subject. I’ll post a translation as soon as possible.

9 Likes

Let’s fight… Like gentlemen

12 Likes

@Midgardsorm is Skynet, i see no other explanation

1 Like