The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Dude 1: “Who da fuck is Gill?!”

Dude 2: “Some cult leader wearing underwear. I saw that dude on stream. I don’t know what that fire and ice shit is but y’all know I’ll beat his ass any time and any day of the week. For free.”

???: “Excuse me.”

Dude: “What?”
[spoiler]

Gill: “Allow me to enlighten you.”

Dude 1: “WAIT, NO-”

Dude 2: “OH SHIT!!!”
https://twitter.com/AutoMattock/status/1214616686294380545?s=19

Gill: “That mark of my mix-ups shall scar thy neutral game…”
[/spoiler]

7 Likes

He looks really good on the beach all tanned like that.

Did Bison hear me?

Help!

2 Likes

8 Likes

Of course Capcom did mangle lots of Western names. Rolento, Andore… The older a character is, the more likely s/he is to have a strange Western name.

The original Japanese is ユリアン Yurian. It’s mostly used to transcribe the German name Julian (the German J corresponding to the sound of the English Y), hence the understandable choice of its initial translators. Urien is an old Welsh (that’s a Celtic language, good call @Daemos) name, but its pronunciation “yoo-ree-un” that produces the Katakana ユリアン Yurian is English, not Welsh. In Welsh it sounds /ˈɨ̞riɛn/, where the ɨ̞ is a central vowel more or less like the i in “lip” said with a Southern accent. Or the Cockney oo in “good”… So the Katakana for Urien should’ve been… Well, ウリエン Urien.

Rolento is ロレント Rorento in Japanese. It seems like the French name Laurent read with an English accent; if the Japanese were following the French pronunciation, it would have been ローラン Rōran, and the English Lawrence would’ve been the Katakana ローレンス Rōrensu. The well-known Japanese confusion between R and L caused the inversion… Or maybe they were just accustomed to the Roland Corporation, who knows. Rolento’s surname “Schugerg” was first revealed in 1996 in the first Capcom Secret File about SFZ2, and is supposed to be German. The surname doesn’t exist in German (the closest would be “Schugel”): it’s actually a reference to Dr.Heinrich Schugelg (Shugelg in the English translation), a nazi mad scientist in the comedy manga Patalliro!, who founded the shady organisation Tarantula to, needless to say, conquer the World. Patalliro! is full of ridiculous made-up European names, designed to SOUND like they came from a Western language, but actually composed by two or more real names mixed together to form one.

12 Likes

More stealings from Seth :smiley:

https://twitter.com/i/status/1214607633325416450

3 Likes

The trailer having the Cyborg Monitors as a callback was nice, but the Persona 5 UI is an obvious rip-off still stays. Lol

1 Like

To be fair, now with Seth, we kind of got the first female boss in the Street Fighter series…

1 Like

Seth: “Yeeeeeeeeeeeees. All the powers these fighters possess will be allocated into my systems! This is the Tandem Engine!”
ストリートファイターv-dev_20191205184534-350x350

[spoiler]

Megaman X: “… I’m out.”
[/spoiler]

4 Likes

Since Capcom keeps turning games into one big shared universe, does that mean, as you imply as a joke, that eventually Megaman is based in Shadaloo tech?

2 Likes

Not a Naruto fan but just seen a vid on YT of this dude
immagine immagine

Instant thought he remind old SFV Zeku

…then he pulled this lol
immagineimmagine

Maybe inspired capcom on new Zeku look (very different from the SFA one we got before)

1 Like

Huum. Looking at She-Seth’s body golden lines and how her physique changes when using the Tanden Engine on some characters (like Abigail), it reminded me of the scrapped ideas in “A Visionary Book II” about Neo-Shadaloo suits that would give the user a boost in strength, power, etc…

Interesting.

8 Likes

???: “The prophecy is yet to be fulfilled.”

Menat: “… What the-”

[spoiler]

Gill: “My prophecy is to win EVO Japan 2020! This will draw us close to the path of true harmony! Come hither, so that I may lay my combos upon you! THE MARK OF MIX-UPS SHALL SCAR THY NEUTRAL GAME.”

Menat: “Hold up! Stop! This isn’t funny! I’m just trying to purchase some arcade controllers for Master Rose! This is absurd! Stop with this Illuminati mess!”

Gill: “You new master lies in front of you. The balance of all things. Acknowledge your god!”

https://twitter.com/itzRomance/status/1212766962209574913

Menat: “YOU IDIOT!!!”

Gill: “Ack…?!”

Menat teleports in frustration, choosing to search for her merchandise elsewhere.

Gill: “… RESSURRECTION!”

Gill: “That actually hurt. I have much research to do yet.”

Urien: “GIIIIIILLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL!!!”

Gill: “What the fu-”

Urien barges in on Gill with a Chariot Tackle. Gill responds just in time with a parry

Urien: “WHAT THE FUCK?!”

Gill: “Raw power isn’t everything, you lunatic! Sit down.”
[/spoiler]

3 Likes

SFV’s plot is literally just X5’s plot but bad. The Black moons are a discount store Eurasia and it’s supposed to be Bison/Sigma’s big hurrah.

That said, it would be funny to see a SRW sort of game with Capcom characters. Imagine trying to make a world out of that many series.

Perfect way to merge universe to me is simply make “Megaman” an actual videogame in SF universe

Like the kid in Sakura’s stage should play Megaman, solved

3 Likes

Heard this a couple of times that Megaman should be just a vid3o game in SF universe and it is the best way. Same with Darkstalkers.

It already is. Look at the billboard behind Hugo:

Also, in ASF, Sean is playing a handheld with a Rockman/Megaman game on it. When he is intecepted by F.A.N.G. and drops it, you can hear Rockman’s dying sound effect.

5 Likes

So in the Capcom Universe, the end of future events is in the PS3/360 Strider games. Zeku starts the Striders and that goes all the way until that game.

That’s one crazy timeline.

The father or founder of striders is different, according to the source material.

He could be a far decendant of Zeku, Zeku probably teach him and pass along the techniques then evolve overtime yet it was Zeku as the source of the fundamentals not the institution founder.

Not a fan of Seth stealing moves I prefer the Vacuum thing more expanded on his special, Vskill and Vtrigger… like Urien is into Aegis Reflector.

1 Like

Is possible free from the duty of being the head of Bushinryu classic style, Zeku simply developed and founded a new ninjutsu style, then somebody else founded the Striders based on that martial art

But tbh i like more your version, Zeku taking part in SF events and see crazy villains try conquer world may be the motivation to build a anti-crazyvillains ninja group lol

After all even in SFV Karin sent her ninjas to take on Shadaloo… with bad results but still