The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Pardon me, I should’ve been more specific; I was speaking about the parents. I can live with a last name… It’s just that Ryu doesn’t actually need one.
A family would open a whole can of worms whom I don’t want to look at. I’ve had enough of the Mishimas already. Gouki as Ryu’s father/uncle/son/daughter (why not? HAH, you all lack imagination!) is a bad fanfic and everyone here knows that, and that’s exactly why everyone likes to troll about it.

Exactly. The same wiki mentions that Ryu WAS tentatively given a surname in the live action movie (the aforementioned Ryu Hoshi); MOREOVER, in Adventure Quiz: Capcom World 2, in one of the quizzes answers his full name is 武神 隆 Takegami Ryū “war god prosper”, but Capcom backpedaled about it as they never used it again. It’s curious how the characters of “takegami” could be also read as BUSHIN, and I wonder if Capcom created 武神流 bushinryū, substituting the 隆 ryū “prosper” with its homophone 流 ryū “style” to subtly reference that instance…

4 Likes

Thanks. Also, I keep forgetting to ask this but is your profile pic Anne from Anne of Green Gables?

1 Like

While on Twitter, I found out that according to Akiman, Cammy’s iconic braids were modelled after Misty from an OVA series called Wounded Man.

14 Likes

Yes, of course she is. I began using that picture since the animated series’s director Isao Takahata died, in April 2018. I was thinking about changing it, though, going back to my first Tiffany Aching picture.

1 Like

I like the Anne pic. I was just wondering since my parents grew up with AoGG and it was really popular in Libya and the Arab world in general.

The rendering of the names of Japanese and Chinese Street Fighters can get pretty confusing esp. Chun Li. Her name is commonly rendered as “春麗” but wouldn’t that cause potential confusion with how Chinese names can be presented, that could be mistaken for Harura so it should make more sense to present her name as katakana or am I missing something bigger here?

That should be @Bea_Iank 's avatar. It’s the expression I imagine she makes whenever Laura is brought up or whenever her arcade stick breaks.

1 Like

Don’t even know who she is but OK.

Gief and Falke player from Brazil that posts in SFV general chat. She’s hates Laura and has broken several arcade sticks. Not in Sanford Kelly fashion though, just during regular use.

No, 春麗 can’t be mistaken for a Japanese name. For a Japanese, it’s a blatantly Chinese name; its only problem comes from the fact that they tend to read it as shunrei, instead of the correct Chūn Lì; in fact, Saint Seiya’s Shunrei is written with the same characters - but “shunrei” is still the Japanised reading of the original Chinese. Harura would be written as 春羅 or the rarer 陽來.

EDIT: you’re not mistaken when you say that the rendering of the names of Chinese Street Fighters can get confusing, though. The problem is exactly what I’ve just said: sometimes they go with the Japanised reading, sometimes with the original Chinese… And things get more complicated with Hong Kong characters, who should technically have Cantonese names, and yet sometimes they have a Mandarin one. I’m going to make a list about that.

4 Likes

You got me curious, googled a bit end up she was a young assassin too

1 Like

It’s not so secret these days. Shadaloo created the play. Andrew Lloyd Webber was a host body for Bison.

Whoa, good find!

Yo Darc, you know Bea? Small world, she’s cool people!

1 Like

Just from SRK. She’s one of my favorite posters on the forum…despite her irrational bonita hate.

3 Likes

Actually the 2019 Cats film was part of Bison’s master plan, the disgust generated by the world at the creepy CGI actors was enough to give Bison a huge power up. Finally he’ll take the form of the horrific abominations and finally succeed at whatever it was he wanted.

Fig. 1 The cursed beings that Shadaloo scientists engineered into the world. The project was thought to have taken an arduous 4 years and is the culmination of the S. I. N clone project.

1 Like

Only a feline form could contain all the negative energy that Bison so desired!!!

1 Like

Yes!!! And ScaryCat!Bison will sing a poignant, malevolent version of “Memory” in a titillating baritone and engulf the entire world in his fist!!!
4511344-154535-0bison

1 Like

It also as terrible along with Chun li and Ryu being in relationship. It’s like because she the female protoganist and the other male protagonist. Eh…But it still better than the other.

While the other is his the one that temp the other to that darksidè like a holywood movie. It’s cliche that being forced in a different character and fiction but never been in the 20 years of the franchised existence.

And that would lead into a major reboot that put would dislike and erase. Especially those that fanfic didn’t exist in 20 years franchise. The idea crap and it’s just because the meh OVA.

That idea was probably made to give a controvertial impression together with charactrr that was never been there and unecessary, typical 2k approach media for attention along with redundant cliche. Trash.

Ryu is better without relationship other than Ken, Sakura and Gouken. Same thing with Akuma.

1 Like

Another potentially strange but feasible theory.

If SFVI is to become a thing in the near future, Urien may become an actual final boss.
Gouki retains his presence as a hidden final boss and Bison is likely to become a final boss.
Bison and Urien become final bosses. In the arcade ladder (if there is one), the player can fight one or both of them, depending on what they do before reaching the end the point.

The reason why Urien might elevate to this level is based on whether his ending in 3S is somehow canonical. Gill and the Illuminati may end up getting exposed but in a negative light possibly due to the actions of the likes of several playable characters in 3S, mainly Alex, possibly Ibuki (being put on a mission to steal hidden documentations and plans), possibly Dudley (the vehicle incident), Yun, Yang, possibly Chun-Li (though, she is no longer a cop by that point. She was only in it to save her adoptive daughter), and possibly Ryu (the reason why Ryu is specifically mentioned here is because I recall a certain point where Ryu mentions that Gill is no better than Bison. However, this might not be canonical and this comment was probably made in a manga or a comic book). Many characters had one or run in or another with Gill through the Street Fighter III portion of the SF mythos. Gill’s plan is likely to get adverted by Alex much later (only for Alex to lose to Ryu in a Street Fighter much later… or, this sort of thing may have happened before he would have met Gill again).

After the subversion of Gill’s plan by the protagonists, Urien faces off with Gill once more and actually wins, leading to Urien’s ending and then starting up the events of SFVI.

Meanwhile, Bison may or may not make a return. It might not be as he was or he could be using another form or even a alternate body. Or, he may be a sentient killing machine! If Bison wear to somehow become like that of a killing machine, it could also allude to Gouki’s position:
Gouki himself is a killing machine but only in a metaphorical sense; he is a beast when it comes to martial arts, but there are also others not too far off from him in terms of his skill.

… But, these are ultimately just theories and Capcom storywriters may have a different idea in mind. To some, this may sound batshit insane…

How Vega/Bison died in Zero/Alpha 3 is uncertain. What is known is that he died (possibly when Ryu defeated him or when the Psycho Drive was destroyed after the efforts of several fighters) and his soul posessed Rose.

In 2018, Capcom mentioned in a timeline that the Psycho Drive was destroyed during the events of Zero/Alpha 3. This pretty much rules out the suicidal explosion that happened AFTER SFII AND inside of the Psycho Drive base. Just like any kind of delusional theory about a merging of the Zero 3 and SFII events (too much UDON comics, tsk, tsk).
Also, Capcom revisited Gouki/Akuma attacking/killing Vega/Bison both in Gouki’s SFV-SFII ladder ending (it’s the only ending that shows Vega’s body DESTROYED instead of him just KOed) and in the April Fool’s joke of 2019. Even the profiles of the 30th Anniversary Collection, although not 100% reliable, mentions Gouki defeating Vega. Capcom of Japan reprinted the All About Street Fighter book for the 30th Anniversary Collection International that mentions Gouki defeating Vega.
The only mention of the suicidal explosion is that trailer itself. Capcom NEVER mentioned this particular event ANYWHERE else outside of it, not even back in the days of SFIV. So Gouki destroying Vega’s body completely outweights Vega committing suicide. At least for now…

Yep! But as we know, his soul is pestering Ed and Falke. He will surely return, but I think that only in SFVI.

3 Likes

Additional theories leading to SFVI or the SFV CE story:

In 3S, Urien stated that Chun-Li was specifically responsible for tearing Shadowloo a new one.

What is likely to happen in the SFV CE presentation is that Chun-Li ends being a primary protagonist (rather than a deutragonist). In her case, she tries to track down remaining subjects of the Shadowloo, based on intel from the Interpol, Guile’s information, and her adoptive daughter. Ultimately, this aspect of the story will lead to Chun-Li facilitating another raid against another large stronghold elsewhere where Bison is meant to make a comeback.

As for Nash? Nash supposedly died in his encounter with Bison, self-destructing himself to weaken Bison. Nash was rebuilt by the Illuminati through the networks from Gill, Urien, and Kolin. Justifying Nash’s presence… he could actually have a built in function for Resurrection or a emulated form of Gill’s Resurrection (Nash could also have this as a game play mechanic: But, rather than fully recovery his health, he slowly gains health over time and it would normally end up being by a set amount.

Another thing is that Nash and Guile will have a cutscene where they will catch up (because, for some reason, the “reunion” between the two was strangely downplayed, much like a lot of elements were). They can also plan their next move together against remaining criminals on behalf of the military (though Nash is technically not in the service anymore because he was considered dead).

Also, maybe during the raid, they can redo some aspects of the SFV trailer and put that on showcase as well.

There are also several other things that should also be addressed as well, like Cody, Zeku, and the Mad Gear’s role… and whatnot. But, all of this still remains to be foreseen.

7 Likes

@Great_Dark_Hero liking your ideas, especially the Chuckles one. I really don’t want the book closed on Nash. I really feel that he has a ton of potential left and they can still keep the tragic aspect of his character without killing him off. Also would like to see Chun getting some hand in culling the rest of Shadaloo.

1 Like