The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

It seems he’s a huge celebrity now. I mean it looks like in the world of Street Fighter, FooTube is a huge thing and thus, “Let’s Fight” videos are huge. When G first started out he had pitiful numbers, but just as he went live with Gill, the numbers were shooting up. Heck, Gill didn’t touch down at the UN or the White House to reveal himself, he did so on TV/Social media and to a celebrity, thus it spread quickly.

He himself may not have the means, but he could be going around and whether or not people take him seriously, he’s gained notoriety and memetic status. So a few things could happen:

-With his newfound celebrity status, he can be doing things for endorsements, getting money and favours
-If it plays into my “G is really a mastermind and creating a legion of loyal and brainwashed soldiers” he could already have the means of funding a tournament with what appears to be huge, independent wealth to the public
-Karin, noting the business opportunity of teaming up with a rising star is the one who handles the financials, but G is the master of cememonies, figurehead, etc for the tournament.

There’s a lot of options, really.

Also, someone founds something cool on the CFN site:
https://twitter.com/emezie/status/1211565883262480385

6 Likes

You guys had to post over 500 posts so quickly??

Interesting how Necalli and Dhalsim recognize Gill as something greater than they have ever known.

Would have been nice to get this kind of art instead of Bengus’.

Did Seth ever fight Akuma? There were some SFIV comics that showed how Seth got free of Bison’s bondage. I don’t know if anything like that happened canonically

No, Gill is about harmony, balance is a different thing. Second, it’s… just clothes. I don’t think Gill even takes that so seriously lol.

Is this shown in one of the book covers? Because those covers have some very off colors.

It’s not a terrible idea, it’s a great idea because each Soul Edge form represents its evolution into ultimate badasseryl!

The thing is it’s not an evolution in-game that they are taken as separate selectable characters.

He’s “huge” to the extent of a bumfights video that’s gone viral.

Not sure that generates “host a global tournament” money.

1 Like

He’s on a world tour thing, but he does’nt seem at all poor… we got nothing straight canonical, but all of his imagery if anything seem to imply the opposite

Think just that his power is linked to gold, wear elegant (old but elegant) clothes, got personalized golden pocket watch, the whole SFV theme before CE was gold as tribute to him, and all the tech spotlight theme is linked to him

Plus Gill’s story seem to hint some obscure link to Illuminati, an org of immense wealth

Last but not last the SFV intro seem to present him as somebody holding a big show with a tv stage, lights, scenography and so on
I can totally see G working like Antonov for KoF :smiley:
immagine
immagine
Both loud rich showmen with high media coverage that are not afraid to take part of their own tournament/show… i can buy that :smiley:

But one thing i’m curious is if this was G’s intention, how being public defeated by Gill affected his plan

Was for me Kage was’nt even a thing, let alone a fucking playable char… that slot will have gone to some actual fighter :smiley:

But canon wise he is what it is, an astral entity/a Ryu projection that reached the soul/mind of some Ryu’s opponents… and i’m ok with that, as it make easier move on and forget that shit in future games

As the name say, he’s just a shadow wich hopefully will just vanish
If they gave him a physical body we risk to never get rid of that crap, with future games wasting again a slot on Ryu-evil-twin

Thankfully story does’nt hint anything like that

About developing a completely different style of his own actually he could have got it even more as “Kage”, being an astral entity with no material shape they could have given him unique abilities… not limited to human anatomy he could have fought like a shapeshifting demonic shit a la Twelve if they wanted to :smiley:
He did’nt played like Ryu because lacked a body, he did because they wanted give Evil Ryu to shitkids crowd :smiley:

1 Like

Udon stuff = not canon
But is interessing the Akuma-Seth thing seem to be born with udon (never seen that thing before) and so not canon, i thought it came from some obscure SF source

Well, this rehabilitate Seth a bit i guess lol

Here my take for an SF game plot that is not a prequel to SF2, SF1 or SF3. An SF6 or some sort

Urien can be the one that host a battle royale in an island, where he kidnaps some fighters that include G and bunch of new characters from SF4 and SFV mix with alpha and zero.

Why I choose Urien?

• His absent in the early SF3 games would make sense.

Whats Urien’s purpose?

• Wanting to limit the other better fighters to participate in Gills tournament.
  • Gill is force to invite newer and younger fighters (new generation) because uberknowst to him that the others were kidnap by his brother.

S-E-C-O-N-D OPTION / Alternarive plot settings.

Is there another way that you can make this work with it not uberknowst to Gill?

Gill assigned Urien to trick and gather other known fighters that had huge participation and involve in Shadaloo destruction and to separate them from those that were not corrupted or near by it.

So that Gill’s tournament participants would be for the cleanse, pure and untainted by the likes of Shadaloo. And it would be easier for him to pick the choosen one easily.

How do you handle the likes of G from his involvement and participation?

He can be took as the host and front of the event while also being another fighter and participant, because Urien is not revealing also himself, he is hidden.

• If his a good guy… he is trick of what the true motivation and goal behind the event. Then betrays Urien and Gill after knowing their true intentions.

• If his a bad guy… he wants tl be the president under the rule of Gill. Ends up fighting Urien and loses.

images-30

Characters, Participants and When? Or which timeline is it set?

It’s during and within SF3 timeline, it is set and happening simultaneously from NG to SI not after 3S or within 3S. To avoid conflict with Urien and Chun li in 3S and can also give connection to SF3 characters to justify their presence

Why set it within SF3 timeline instead of after or before?

It is to justify the absent of other characters from previous SF like SF2 and SFA, plus it also gives a reason why new characters from SF4 and SF5 were absent and weren’t present in Gills tournament.

Why a Battle royale set in an island?

Like I said is to have a justification why the other new and old fighters from various game were not to be seen in SF3 games.

Other option than than them being kidnap?
Or how do make them as willing participants?

• They could be offered position in an unknown organization, prized money or an important information that can be personal or part of their mission.

• Other options were they were told and informed differently(misled) of what they supposed to do and find in the island… to make them go there… like they were supposed to see the last of shadaloo secret base but hears a different announcement and instructions when they were there finally.

• They were there to investigate a suspicious activities of an organization that they though to be another shadaloo activity. Which false and untrue because they were either trick to be there or they have false assumption that it was shadaloo.

How do you handle recurring characters like Ryu, Ken, Chun li, Urien and Akuma?

It’s okay for them.to be there since there participation on SF3 wasn’t entirely a huge area for example Chun li was going after Urien.

While the likes of Ryu can be retcon to be just wondering rather than participating, while Ken just training Sean and just been met by other characters(in that game)…

So it justify there presence even they weren’t in the island or involve in the event because they were met before the other character go to the event. Like Akuma in most of the games or how the real Kyo and Iori in KOF99 were absent but still there. This can be done also to Ryu.

images - 2020-01-01T043022.309

So how about popular SF3 characters that would need to appear also because of demands and request but was also in Gill tournament.
How would you deal with that?

Like I said also in how to deal to the likes of Ryu, Ken and Chun li. Just make them have another character in that event met them earlier or after so there appearance still make sense. Others like Ibuki can be also part by going there even being uninvited. by the secret society.

Take a look back even with the character in the previous SF iteration just either need to meet and interact atleast with one character (sometimes none if his a what if) in that story timeline to be a selectable character in game, no requirement for him to encounter every character in game since the most is what if encounter.

So basically you can throw anyone there while justifying the absence of the other characters, both old and new that weren’t seen in SF3 games.

I just realized I still haven’t watched that Tekken anime. Should get to it.

2 Likes

It doesn’t go it would be just replace by either Evil Ryu or another new edge lord shoto, because it’s now official part of modern fighting games character archetype.

A newer and another different version would just make the story and game complicated because of having multiple version and forms.

Turning him into a shapeshifter takes away the appeal and it contradicts storywise, plus it would just invite a posibility of another new version and replacement for him, which is Evil Ryu clone 3.0, 4.0 or so fort lol. Anothee opened can of worms.

Or would only push other evil ryu fanboys the demands to return SF4 Evil Ryu. It’s the appeal of Evil Ryu in Kage thats why it gets a pass with majority of Evil Ryu fanboys. Like I said Necali is a fail attempt on this. It’s like pick your poison the more version of SNH manifestation is terrible

Akuma shouldn’t be in SFV that early yet, fan demands truimpant over character diversity that why they need to innovate with gameplan and Kage was successful with this.

Happy New Year!!! Here’s hoping that this decade is a more blissful one than the one before.

12 Likes

The book Ryu is reading here is Masutatsu Ōyama’s 1994 book マス大山の正拳一撃 Mas Ōyama no seiken ichigeki “Mas Ōyama’s straight punch attack”, the last work of Ōyama published in April 1994, the same month of his death. It’s a collection of 99 Q&A from his previous books.
Incidentally, Ōyama’s concept of 一撃 ichigeki “one attack” means that you WIN with only that one attack. And that’s a straight punch. Seems like Ryu took that lesson to heart.

Happy New Year everyone!

11 Likes

I like how Megaman is holding up Jill’s tiddies. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Poor Megaman. The kid is probably scarred for life.

No one in that pic except Sakura looks happy to be there.

1 Like

Looking at that makes me dream of a…

Modern SF game base on Alpha timeline that is a summarize and combined remake version of the previous Alpha titles which only had canon events.

She is standing front Ryu and her hands are no where to be seen :thinking:

5 Likes

What’s the consensus of the SF3 tournament? I really don’t know anything aside from Oro defeating Ryu and Alex defeating Gill. Think I read somewhere that Ryu hit Hugo with the Shin Shoryuken during the tournament. What else happened?

Was Alex’s victory over Gill legit? Or was Gill playing with him?

Logically, Oro would’ve had to have skipped the tournament after defeating Ryu since we know he would’ve won the whole thing if he wanted.

1 Like

Dudley impresses Gill enough to get his father’s car back, as evidenced by his 3rd Strike intro… don’t know how that fits with the tournament though.

2 Likes

Happy New Year guys. I have some my own SF related news for the upcoming New Years so stay tuned.

Jills is also getting fondled by Rolento while Zangief appears to be either embarrassed or enjoying a chibi Ken twisting his right nipple while his left one pokes X in the cheek.

The Ryu encounters sound like they’re from the Ryu Final manga, are we sure they are canon?

4 Likes

So is it safe to say that the Ryu and Oro participation and involvement isn’t fulled iterated and clear from in-game references of SF3?

So is Ken and Chun li

Obviously Akuma wasn’t interested of such things.

correct me if Im wrong.