The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Merry Christmas Guys.

8 Likes

I don’t celebrate Christmas but to anyone who does celebrate Christmas here then I wish you all a merry Christmas and a Happy New Year.

6 Likes

Merry Christmas!

4 Likes

Festivus for the Cestivus!

10 Likes

Alright you cosplay story nerds:

Merry Christmas.

That’s as far as we’re going with this because FG storyline suck.

9 Likes

Don’t worry SF6 would be about Fang or Urien as the main baddie and Ryu wouldn’t be the story protagonist.

Merry Christmas ya filthy animals… and a Happy New year!

11 Likes

A Psycho Powered Christmas for you guys!

8 Likes

Ryu: “… Gill.”

Gill: “What the-?!”

[spoiler]

Ryu: “I am selling arcade sticks for $99.00 dollars for a retail store just around the corner.”

Gill: “Ryu, I have many arcade sticks in my collection. Now is not the time for solicitating video game products! I have a prophecy to fulfill!”

Ryu: “Collection? You got a bunch of four-gates!”

Gill: “I play KOF too, you ignorant pest! Now, please. Let us part ways and-”

Ryu: “No, no, no, sit your ass down! This bundle here is going to cost $150 dollars! You get a free game with that!”

Gill: “That does it…”

https://twitter.com/DemonDan14/status/1209748136891240448?s=20

Ryu: “OH SHIT!!”

Gill: “The mark of my mix-ups shall scar thy neutral game…”
[/spoiler]

4 Likes

Yeah i still hope for Tom in S5 (and i still hope for S5), his character Story can complete the bridge: Tom vs Gill, Alex wanting revenge etc

On general i think Tom’s pov can give a lot to overall story, showing a still unseen side of SS/Gill/Urien and what make Alex special (theory being him was born as SS child)

Let’s hope they will offer something to fill the gap till August/September 2020

Jan 15 we may see some update/new content at least on Fighting Chance (all current end on that date)
Actual DLC will probably take to wait CE get released and new buyers joint the DLC market

3 Likes

Team based vtrigger with this guys for S5

They already appeared in cartoons and comics it’s time for them to be in game.

They are storywise characters to appear this timeline before the closing of SF2 timeline era.

6 Likes

Phantom Bison or really Bison in general should not appear in the second general story outside of some ominous foreshadowing or a mention here or there. Let others tell their story.

He’ll be back in full glory eventually anyway.

4 Likes

If we ever get a 2nd story, It should cover

• birth of Ed’s Neo Shadaloo*

• the G show

• Seth’s return

• bit of Metro City group as side story

*there they can hint Bison still haunt Ed’s soul

1 Like

Interesting, but may be a coincidence.

Bison’s VS2 is called Hell’s Warp, where he warps out of nowhere and smashes his knee into you, and says “Tear you apart”.

In the film Hellraiser, the Cenobites are former humans that have been transformed into extradimensional demonic entities who derive pleasure from the suffering and despair of others. They warp into our plane of reality seeking said pleasure once summoned. They are infamously lead by Pinhead, who equally infamously said…

Pinhead, was formerly a human called Elliot Spencer, a military captain of the British Army in World War 1 who lost his humanity…

Again, interesting parallels. Didn’t connect them before until I heard Bison say that line - ‘Tear you apart’.

2 Likes

Incorrect. There needs to be one scene of him fighting over a Ryu clone body with Kage, before Kage wins and takes the body.

A tournament!

1 Like

Kage is much fitting for a Clone Ryu body, his been there for a long time.

While Bison is better for another Seth clone modified body as him using it as a fully controlled and remote puppet not something he posses or a vessel, while him existing as Phantom Bison seprately.

I’m very ok with that
Maybe with G hosting it as part of his “G Show”, just like Ryu vs Sagat in that old trailer

CPT stages can fit very well that concept too :smiley:

Pls no, i’m very ok with Kage being only an astral being that exist only as invader of people’s mind/soul (as he’s essentially a Ryu’s spiritual projection)

It make it easier have him disappear too, instead getting a canon “Ryu evil twin” bs :smiley:

As usual, ingame model does epic crappy job at express all that but it is what it is, they gone for blowjob the trash taste evil ryu crowd lol

Kage is the best solution that Capcom can solve the problem with Evil Ryu withput messing up the tiers and not making Ryu obsolete.

Unless Capcom would intergrate Evil Ryu as an alt costume which everyone that hates the ideas of clone prefered it (me either), Yet I doubt it because nowdays mostly modern fighting game has already accept that a protagonist would always had the edgy counterpart as playable character even in Killer Instinct, Persona and DBFZ.

He can be replace by another shoto clone in the future likely but it would be more terrible if it would be violent ken or edgy sakura.

Or probably the return of Oni which is better yet still it won’t make the same appeal as Kage that caters to Edge lord Ryu fans. The fact that Kage is a succesful attempt to keep Evil Ryu fans at bay.

It needs to be the opposite of the protoganist that how this archetype appeal works thats so Oni isn’t also and Necali is a failed example of this. That’s why I have no problem Kage and Necali merging and cooperating with each other like Venom in Marvel.

The right thing that Capcom did good in bothe Kage and Necali is having a Evil Ryu like inspired moves while the better with Kage was having shoto vibe in moves but without any Ryu gameplan on it. Capcom did a great job on it.

They could do also another not evil ryu and not kage but another version of edgy ryu for the sake of something new and different is terrible. Since it would be another thing that would add complication and confusion with the storyline,

or Oni return rather than turning every shoto character to an edgy counterpart for the sake of being different and new compare to the previous.

Having a bunch of mutiple evil ryu clone each game that is different from each other every game is terrible.

It’s like the terrible idea of Soul Edge multiple forms having…

images-22

Nightterror

That’s terrible. Imagine we got Hate as a new edgy Ryu clone in Sf6 then another new one in SF7 named rage another edgy Ryu clone. It’s better to keep things with Kage rather than also returning a playable SF4 Evil Ryu.

download-1

An Evil Ryu that plays or have movesets like Kage is also a bad and terrible idea also, Why? because it contradicts everything storywise, gameplay wise and appeal that the fans would realize and demand the previous Evil Ryu back for future titles.

Kage solve all of this and obviously seperate anything without other expecting for an Evil Ryu redundancy and possibility of reappearing in future timelines.

It also give proper closure to never ending Ryu inner struggle and conflict and bring him back to his SF2 character appeal before alpha and SF3 character appeal. I would rather had Kage, So no need to return to Ryu having inner strugle or conflict.

Another good thing about Kage is evèrything that Kage does isn’t what Ryu does, Since they are separate and different like Haohmaru isn’t Rasetmaru. Which keep Ryu appeal proper. Kage seals them all of the complication for being the sole direct manifestation of SNH.

images - 2019-12-13T072428.677

G seems like a homeless man. Not sure how he’d host a tournament.

Karin mentioned having one, and I’d be okay if she did. Makes more sense than her being GI Joe command.

Not me. A fighting game character that only exists in people’s heads is dumb.

Plus, once he has his own body, he can start developing his own style.

1 Like

Yeah his not even in people head his an astral projection a manifestation of SNH. This is why Akuma and Ryu can interact with him both even without them talking to each other or describing him.

People could doubt it if Akuma has Oni and Ryu see Kage but thing is both see the similar and the character is self conscious thus an astral manifestation that Akuma… in fact even needs a particular physical technique to vanquish it… not some kind of meditation.