The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Please post any art, I will highly appreciate it :grinning:

2 Likes

I’m honestly thrown for a loop. All this time I thought that SF3 was a secret tournament where Gill and the Illuminati slowly revealed their presence. Didn’t think the world at large would know of them.

I think there will definitely be some people who are curious, those who write this off as a hoax or something. I don’t think there will be immediate calls to action especially since people are used to Shadaloo striking with a hammer. This strange dude with a savior complex is new and gonna puzzle the globe.

that’s definitely my hope. I do hope that “non-gameplay affecting content” like that gets pushed.

I’m interested in finding out when and where Gill felt the type of power G possesses. Wouldn’t be surprised if G was a former Secret Society member from long ago that changed his identity to throw people off. G’s powers could easily pass for one of the Secret Society’s special abilities.

4 Likes

I don’t doubt that this is true. But the result is still that Gill displays his “superiority” by looking like an insane footall fan all the time.

I kinda agree…but I still miss that transformation sequence.

This tweet from Demon Dan shows the size difference between Gill and Urien.

https://twitter.com/DemonDan14/status/1207365173134217216

4 Likes

In addition to my post above, I want to add that FANG did canonically survive. The short stories released by Capcom directly are canon, and they depict FANG alive in the underworld, slowly rebuilding himself and opening that gate for Bison to return to the physical plane.

I thought it was stupid how easily they found the Shadaloo base in ASF, but in retrospect, I believe it was because Bison wanted to be found. The Black Moons attack was an open invitation for the world to fight.

2 Likes

Well for me, I’m honestly surprised I’m still here, it’s really a testament to how interesting this thread and all the people posting are and I honestly enjoy all the discussions, translations, art and even heated debates that go on. Maybe I’ll be here for a few more years.

As I did last year and the year before, I’ll be posting a Christmas story which is a spiritual successor to the ones posted before. It’s a Christmas tradition.

4 Likes

The SS can puppeteer nations to attack who they want, they are implied to be above normal governments in terms of influence

Only Urien have to do it, being not backed by SS influence network
If anything it shows even Urien on his own being high in SS ranks have enough tech/resources to build an army if he want to

If Urien can on his own AGAINST SS will/cooperation, it’s safe say Gill could have done easily with same/more resources and full SS support

But again as above stated Gill/SS does’nt feel the need to, because they have nation Presidents in their pockets

Gill does’nt care about win “wars” though
Gill he’s only interessed on find humans he find worthy to survive, then he probably have some plan for human extinction of everyone else wich don’t require a modern conventional army, but is more probably some kind of ancient technology “natural” apocalypse trigger to achieve it

1 Like

Part of the problem is that THIS is what in theory Gill should have looked

then they chosen to “show off” the graphic and gone for a maybe more controversial but far more bright/flashy color scheme

Personally i will have preferred “original Gill” but at this point it is what it is

2 Likes

So Gill is mixed race?

Omega Gill got some unique stuff :smiley:

People “i expected him to be even more OP”
Gill “Hold my ambrosia.”

13 Likes

He was originally going to have a light/dark motif instead of a fire/ice motif.

6 Likes

Likely to be modified and engineered genes so it’s likely.

:smiley:

IIRC originally Gill was going to look like he came from the Let That Be Your Last Battlefield episode of classic Star Trek.

5 Likes

The thing is the main inspiration for him (Gemini Saga from saint Seiya) in the manga had black and white as visual representation of his double nature

White hair when good black hair when evil

At the end black and white theme as opposite energies returned in the form of yin yang for Seth… Even if i find his/her SFV theme a bit confused

Incorrect, Which capcom official material said it so to declare it as main?

Late 90s Capcom especially in SF3 characters are know mix in design and inspiration, a so called main in SF3 is unlikely unless this was SF2 and SF1.

9 Likes

Zoroastrianism could also be an inspiration for the duality light/darkness. Given the strong religious vibes he has, linking him to the first monotheist religion would have been great design.

So what do you guys think about the Shun Goku Satsu and its amazing kill count of zero? I think CAPCOM doesn’t like the technique very much xD