The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Ryu: “I took your fight money.”

Sagat: “Oh, really?”

https://twitter.com/AutoMattock/status/1206754478948593664?s=20

Ryu: “Ugh!!”

Sagat: “Get dat ass kicked.”

2 Likes

Good call!
Also if you watch the bottom down-left Juri, her top/boobs coverage remind a lot how they designed SFV Seth torso, with black parts visually simulating “clothes” (on reality she still “naked”, no nipples to cover)

Still think the fact Gill has a different stance on 1p side is suuuuper dumb. Whoever decided that needs to get his ass fired.

2 Likes

You very well know they can’t make characters differently proportioned depending on the costume for gameplay reasons. It would mess with people’s perception of Seth’s hitbox/hurtbox

2 Likes

Of course I know. That’s why I’m not making a big deal out of it. But I still wish it were possible.

Specially with SFV imputs
Will love them to fix that, after all they will have just to take the 2p side stance and mirror it

I just wish he wasn’t red/blue all the time.

In SF3, Urien’s skin color starts out normal, then turns bronze when it’s time to fight.

I’d always wished that Gill was the same way. But he’s not.

And what’s worse, now Urien is ALSO always bronze and his V-skill just makes him…bronzerer?

5 Likes

Tbh i ever took as another simple hint at Gill’s superiority/natural talent

Urien - need to focus/boost up to reach that state, implied strictly limited for the fight moment

Gill - can stay naturally in that state 24h living normal life while on It.
I guess for Gill’s true trigger is “Omega” version (we got It even in SFV as arcade sf3 Boss), it’s like he got one more level

Btw as personal preference i like they changed Urien’s look

Bronze skin just looks like tan, make him look more greek/mediterranean
Silver hair make -1 blonde western char, wich Is priceless

4 Likes

immagine
:smiley:

4 Likes

Gill’s story.

Summary

The story begins with Kolin approaching Gill about the arrangements she’s made. A match with a mysterious person live streamed for the world to see. While Gill is ready for the exposure, Kolin doesn’t seem too sure about his divinity being shown to the world just yet. Gill has no qualms with this reveal since everyone will already be aware of his existence by the time the prophecy arrives.

Kolin is excited to see how appreciative the world will be towards Gill when the new utopia becomes a reality. Gill understands that there’ll be those who’ll show doubt towards him during his reveal, but all that matters to him is the fact that everyone will be in a position to achieve their hopes and dreams through his guidance with the light of harmony. The two then go off to meet the mysterious person.

The person is revealed to be none other than G, who refers to Gill as an “ancient Earthling”. Gill makes note of G’s mysterious power and wants to test it for himself. Once the duel is finished, Gill asks G what can he see in him, which G declines to answer. Gill then rephrases by asking G what it is he would wish for his “Gate of Harmony” instead. G states that becoming one with the Earth and G himself is a wish shared by all Earthlings. Gill then recalls feeling his power somewhere, but can’t remember where.

Urien is shown observing the live stream before cracking the screen out of frustration. He believes Gill’s way of revealing himself to the world is idiotic and unforgivable. Kolin is shown creeping peaking in on Urien before he calls her out on bringing Gill to him. Urien is aware that she’s been sneaking around and plotting, though Kolin assures Urien she’s only following the oath of allegiance to the Secret Society. Urien doesn’t care and simply wants her to bring Gill to him.

Urien challenges Gill to a battle to determine who’s more fit to rule. Gill defeats Urien, leaving him stupefied at his inability to win. Gill replies that it was already decided by way of the written prophecy.

The enraged Urien threatens to destroy the prophecy, with Gill confessing that Urien’s time as a spare will end soon. Urien is taken aback by the insult, while Gill makes it clear that Urien will never succeed as his replacement. He won’t be able to because Gill’s role as the Emperor is solidified.

Once Gill succeeds in achieving the wish of the Secret Society, their connection by way of the prophecy will be severed. When this takes place, Urien will be free to live life on his own terms. The defeated Urien begs for Gill to look at him and screams at Gill as he proceeds to leave.

SF3 ending:

SFV ending:

Shadaloo data:

@Shockdingo Interesting thing about Necalli is he only seems to have coherent quotes to Gill, Ed, and Zeku. Everyone el…se is-is a mess.

13 Likes

Oh god…is Gill trying to become the ultimate life form?

4 Likes

It’s very hinting of Kars? Yet where in the panel that he wants to be the ultimate life form?

It’s like he wants everyone to be like him?

2 Likes

I really would love to know why. There’s so much that’s unexplained about him, like the significance of the stutter, etc. aaagh, I hope there is a future story mode after the Olympics stuff, or a huge surprise in February lol.

4 Likes

What do you guys think happens now, with Gill’s and Secret Society’s existence being revealed to the entire globe?

Cuz last time we’ve had a major opposing force posing a threat to the world (aka A Shadow Falls) we’ve got a squad of 10 World Warriors all storming the main base to deal with the baddies once and for all. And I’d assume the remaining Shadaloo assets either continue to operate as per usual (especially if canonically FANG survived so the top tier Bison’s scientists are probably figuring out how to bring Dictator back into the picture as we speak)

Depending on the message sent by Gill and Kolin we might end up with another similar scenario. I really do not believe for a second that should Capcom ever get to retell the Street Fighter III story it would remain 100% intact. Both from the lore reasons and the gameplay reasons.

Difference here being, of course, is that finding Gill’s HQ will probably not be as easy as renting out a couple of helicopters and skydiving into a military base

Tbh the Olympic bs in theory will not stop “casual” contents from be released, just no characters/meccanica/patch untill It ends

Actually with all potential new CE buyers + us under no-contents famine, capcom will likely try to push on DLC side during these months :smiley:

2 Likes

The Secret Society are not a major crime syndicate with weapons of mass destruction that rivals nations. So no one is gonna storm anything. Especially when you go by the events of NG.

Only Urien from the SS has shown a willingness to use brute force against other people.

Gill is more subtle, so he will continue to try bullshit his way into the hearts and minds of others. Only a few people saw the darkside of Gill (Urien, Necro, Effie). Even Kolin as seen in his character story is still in the honeymoon phase.

3 Likes

Hey all,

As we experience the holiday season where games are updated to have snow and Santa hats, it’s time to reflect on what brings joy and happiness to us…

I just want to say that this thread gives me life! I may not always write but I’m always reading because this is the best thread on the internet. Period.

15 Likes

Agreed! It’s almost a year now since I’ve joined the forum just for the sake of this beautiful thread and it’s even less since I actually started reading all the threads from the beginning. You guys filled a bunch of my hours with cool info, awesome art and interesting discussions and I thank you! Since then there hasn’t been a day I’ve missed checking this place out and as things are, there might not be one anytime soon either.

12 Likes

I just hoped when I post again a shinkiro or some other capcom artist for a holiday greeting no one gonna be pissed off and starts a kinu versus my posted recent artist and suddenly tries to insult and hate badly that artist associated to my posted holiday greetings as a fail attempt provoke to shity arguments like powerlevel tier that doesn’t make sense.

I like Kinu too. Yet SF2 Ryu is my favorite Ryu and next is Bengus in Alpha. That personal preference to clear unlike other people that confused personal preference not some sort of better art because the better was Bengus’s Alpha no-contest.

I know people here want to prove they know stuff by fighting arguments in whatever way that doesn’t work it just shows your true self and knowledge regarding the matter even how many will side you.

You fake others by echoing terms you heard from those that knows to make you sound convincing to the ignorant and the innocent but in rèturn you end up as fool to those that knows as you continue persist.