The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Shit, Mobile problems and auto edit

It’s too early now to judge Gill based from the old sources and justify him an all out evil is kinda different now. Since in Gill perspective we know there is something different now from the usual Urien narrative we usually into.

I don’t think the color is the only problem of Gill’s story costume. The fact that he has one shoulder exposed throws off all the balance of his design, which is ALL ABOUT balance. It basically works against it and runs contrary to everything. It’s simply bad.

Gill’s model is terrific though. I mean, he looks amazing. @Phantom_Miria posted a picture in the lounge thread with Urien’s Halloween costume and Gill side by side and it’s clear that Gill is not even just a copy paste.

His “dick in the socket” hair, as you put it, is great. No problem with it… except on the P1 side. It’s really bad how it takes up half the character and the other half is the ass. I am sure there must have been some other way to keep the gameplay aspect of him and have him face the screen too, but alas… on the P2 side he is great.

4 Likes

Tbh i’m not much bothered by lack of symmetry in clothes, Gill have been already represented in the past with asymmetrical clothes both in SF3 and SFV

To me a nice solution could have been hair down normally, dick-in-the-socket when in VT

I hate his left stance too
I guess they tought this

looked badass, but it’s a terrible neutral stance for SF

I care to clarify again though, i find SFV Gill great

3 Likes

I find it difficult to not find SFV Gill great. I like everything about him, and his default appearance is incredibly unique even after over 20 years.

6 Likes

Lowkey Urien Gill has better hair than Gill Gill

Gill’s 3S-accurate hair looks incredibly fucking dumb in 3D

7 Likes

I just think, like Necalli, Capcom should’ve bothered to animated each strand instead of letting them float freely. That would’ve resolved the stupid part and been more faithful to the original sprite.

6 Likes

How does Gill’s assymetry and pryo/cryo release in SFV?

I see him shooting both fireballs and iceballs being in the same side of the screen.

1 Like

He has both ice and fire specials at the same time, mapped to different motions.

6 Likes

BTW
Finally got the chance of put my hands on new update

Played Gill story, feels lot got retconnected

Got a new theory on G based on it wich i feel can be pretty solid

G can still be Gill’s fire hand, just not in the way/timing i initially though

Gill can have a “President” (of the Earth), he was going to give that position to Urien anyway

Gill NEEDS somebody to hold that role, then move on and rise above it as messiah/god

In new SFV story Gill fells disappointed at Urien (after he cursed Gills profecy), saying that he will be unable to replace him (as President)

Previously undefeated (as far we know) G just got defeated by Gill, i guess he can accept to not be the highest anymore

**My theory is, Gill will offer G to become his second in command, promising him “President of the Earth” position (the role he wanted previously give to Urien), while Gill will have even higher role as messiah/divinity

The fact that Gill defeated him and at same time offer him fast road to his dream, will make G think this is the de**

Cool part is it will fit G and Kolin opposite nature
The 2 closest people to Gill in that way will be:
-the fire hand G will satisfy his ambition to rule people of the earth
-the ice hand Kolin will see fullfill her desire to serve her human god

2 Likes

I still think G is being set up as the big bad of SF6. I don’t think G is Gill’s fire herald because G’s undocumented powers are from the Earth, he doesn’t need Gill to imbue him as his herald the way he imbued Kolin and Nash with his power.

With Gill’s arrival in SF5, I have doubts that he will be a boss in the sequel also.

2 Likes

It bothers me how Gill and Kolin wouldn’t refer to G by his name and keep calling him “that person”. You are going to beat up this man on a YouTube stream as means to announce yourself to the world. Take the time to know the man name.

8 Likes

We can assume that G is earth not fire, how I wished that G was the later better boss than anyone later but not with the villainous mindset and ways yet more determined to conquer earth than Gill and Bison, G seems special and I hope he and Q isn’t one.

Capcom really amazed me this time from how they turn the usual characters to a more interesting version like G, Kage, Seth and Gill.

Very lazy winquotes again. Bison, G, Urien, Kolin, Nash and Dhalsim all could have had a lot better winquotes, but meh.

Not my theoey so I can’t take credit for it. I have seen it theorized that Seth used Juri’s Feng Sui Engine to collect the data for Doll Unit Zero’s construction. That is why it uses Juri’s visage as a template. Interesting take, wish I could remember where I read it.

5 Likes

I find it difficult to see you say something positive about Gill, even after sounding %100 sure of yourself he won’t even make it in SFV. Guess time changes everyone.

Anyway, I really like everything about Gill, but the female Seth bothers me. I wanted to see him in another game, but not as a female. Why make such drastic changes? They could have given him some other male body. Why the sex change? Other than that, it’s good to see all the big organizations of the series (Shadaloo, the Secret Society, Neo-Shadaloo, SIN) in one game.

The Light of Lord Gill touches all :wink:

6 Likes

Tbh that get easily solved by Nostalgia alt
I’m also hoping code version will give

but i fear will be this
immagine

Waifu crowd will give capcom more money$, even with male voice lol

4 Likes

Personally i’m not too much against or pro Seth change… i liked the clothes concept, but if they have to do him naked lab freak like in SF4, they can do him female, or zebra or whatever

The double gender thing could have been explored as ying yang is abouth BOTH male and female, so they could have made that new Seth is perfectly in the middle, considering it the perfect form to take advantage of both energies

Too bad ingame just looks feamale with male voice and occasional male body during some moves, could have worked a Zeku-like system where the two forms are perfectly balanced

Idk wich version i will set as standard on my copy, want see first Story/Battle alts and naturally Nostalgia easter egg

One thing of new Seth that i find bizzarre is Seth having eyes with white sclera instead classic Seth black one, quick shoop with black eyes:

i think will have linked better with old design

I also said that if and when Gill comes, it would likely be towards the end or in the final season.

I still don’t think having Gill in SF5 is necessary to bridge the story as ASF already did that and everything else is self-explanatory.

It’s a nice refresher for people who don’t know anything about Gill or SF3’s story though.