The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Off topic, but I want to see Gill play air guitar with Rose’s legs.

1 Like

I fail to see how that is off-topic and I am 100% on board with this

2 Likes

I ever thought Abel was human with genetica powerup and nanomachines shit going on, but still human at core

The SFxTK alts were a lot extreme/gimmick on visual side, i will not count them as anything canon

Plus that specific one was a nod to a very very popular photoshop of Fedor Emelianenko with half face Terminator style
I counter It just as one more tribute by Capcom ti fight sporta/MA culture

Something everyone needs to consider with Seth is that “is he human” is not the right answer…

Is he human anymore could be the right question.

The trailer is a data-dump into a new body. Seth’s ENTIRE PURPOSE was data collection.

His mind is just another bit of data. Seth was a modified human clone turned into an overhauled cyborg. His “human mind” has been transplanted into a new body via data download.

Simple as that.

3 Likes

I never thought Seth was human. I always thought Abel was the original human Seth is based on, then they cloned him a bunch of times till #15 became sentient and well, Street Fighter 4 happens.

2 Likes

I think it’s pretty clear from the trailer that the Seth we see is not actually our Seth, but a digitized copy of the man who died in SF4. He has a ‘pseudo-personality’ based off all the data that was Seth.

He is still Seth for all intents and purposes, but no more than if you make a copy of of a file on your desktop. They are both the same file.

It’s a new form of immortality in the SF universe that’s for sure.

6 Likes

This was my take-away…

Though since the Tanden engine harnesses chi of the individual, downloading the data of Seth into a new body might legitimately be a kind of reincarnation

Well… at least well get Rose and co in SF6!

3 Likes

ZA WARUDOOOOOOOOOOO

8 Likes

Okay I agree with RU it’s kinda more acceptable to me, but still confused a bit.

Is there any material that mentioned Seth is genetically engineered grown human being?

My head canon of Seth in SF4 was like Vision from marvel.

But now Seth has evolve into more further being like Ultron that can exist to be tranfered via uploading and downloading data…

portrait_uncanny

But now as a female being. Ultron also creates other bodies to be his vessel someday.

Fits him/her since his entirely a disposable boss villain.

Wow? What with Ryu and Gill thing?

Nice one Sagat!!

The world…

This is really something interesting that Inreally want that G is beyond the radar of shadaloo and secret society.

Gill faces toward the screen when he’s on P2 side. That’s because when he hits someone with his red limbs he inflicts fire attacks, ice attacks with the blue ones. This is kinda crucial to his gameplay, so one can’t just invert the way his attacks work when he’s on P1 side.

It does look weird to see him facing away when he’s on P1 side tho.

5 Likes

And she still alive thats the good news.

To bad Necro, Remy and Sean never had made it since this would be a nice SF3 versus SF Classic game.

Yet Im still dreaming also of Haggar versus Gief and Alex but it’s very unlikely now.

He’s also the first SF character to have a stance change based on screen positioning, in keeping with the theme he established for himself in SF3 by being the first SF character to not have mirror sprites. It’s a nod to the character like how Claw keeps his claw on the same side always.

I gotta say I’m not fond of Urien going “notice me, onii-sama” whenever Gill is around. It’s too pathetic.

4 Likes

It’s a never before seen side to their relationship. I wonder what’s going on there. Is it the older/younger brother dynamic?

1 Like

Agree. It’s very interesting to see Urien like that. Some of the best character interaction we’ve had in this game.

Also, seeing Gill’s quotes more and more… Street Fighter 6 post 3rd Strike could work with a lot of the old SF2/Alpha cast going under his wing, as what Gill sells seems too good for most of them… and it’s up to the 3rd Strike guys to take them out and bring them back to their senses.

Just imagine Dhalsim starting to think Gill really is the reincarnation of Agni, or Cammy finding peace with herself under his care, or T.Hawk being reunited with his love in Gill’s utopia… but of course it’s all bullshit and someone has to stop them. It would tie back to Shadaloo too, with how many of these guys have been traumatized by it finding confort in what appears to be the opposite of Bison… only he’s just as big as scumbag.

1 Like

Yeah no.

Gill is a bigger scumbag.

Bison is in your face about what he is, who he is, what he wants, and what he stands for. Bison does not practice deceit on himself or others, stringing them along in a tornado of delusions. Bison is certainly more evil, but not scumbag charlatan evil, just evil-evil.

1 Like

The World is someone that controls the world or pulls the string on enviroment as in some representation in occult. In SF unverse if the secret society does that then it fits him.

Yet the popular interpretation in net was about opening up to a new beginning and endings of the past so likely it still fits for the SF3 theme since it’s new generation which Gill is the new boss, also his aim to bring the world to new beginning by his ways or to the so called utopia.

but if were talking Street fighter as a game franchise, It fits Ryu someway since it usually revolves to him and his the brand icon.

So is Gill’s story supposed to be set after SF3? Gill was supposed to only be the president of the secret society until after SF3SI.

Also here’s some more story info on lady Seth.

11 Likes

Honestly, with how they changed Evil Ryu’s name to Kage (yeah I know they are two different concepts, but be real now, it’s the same shit) they should have called it Eve. With Seth’s design, voice, backstory and nostalgia costume it would’ve been more than obvious what they were going for. She’s even supposed to be Doll 0