The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Speaking of Bison, during SF2 does he actually rule over Thailand? His stage is situated in the Grand Palace in Bangkok you can actually see where exactly they drew inspiration to put the stage at.

His 30th anniversary costume looks like something the King of Thailand would wear.

When Shadaloo is destroyed after SF2 the region falls into disarray according to the Cviper anime trailer.

Seems like he has more power and influence politically than just Leader of Shadaloo imo.

4 Likes

I always thought bison was a victim as a child of someone elses war. Maybe he was part of a vietcong family his family killed by the war. He vowed to bring peace to his country and the world, initially by joining the military. Soon he realised it wasnt enough to reach his noble but flawed goal so he sought other means to gain power and wisdom.

He recieved training from a master soul power expert he saw he had passion for peace a strong heart and plenty of potential. Despite this… Bison, like the rest of mankind held within his soul both good and bad. The power he gained from soul training corrupted him. He yearned for more and so, even though his original goals were good he become more drunk with power. If he cant get the governmets of the world to harbour peace he will just destroy and rule with force.

His high level of soul power mastery is whar allows him to transfer his own soul from body to body. His natural born body, although of excellent condition having gone through intense military training, was not sufficient to hold an ever growing soul power, now manifesting itself as a dark psychotic deranged one. A psycho power which now required a higher level of physical and mental ability.

Bison sought to initially create such a body through inplanting of his dna into little girls (cammy, lol wtf) and then others. When this didnt work, he held the SF2 tournament to identify the strongest warriors, a ready made vessel he could subjugate and enter his soul into. Of course guile beat his ass and then akuma shun goku satsud him so meh…you know… try blue robots with
a rotating intestine i guess?

Thats how ive interpreted it anyways.

1 Like

Of course, we also saw this in the SF2AM in which Bison got Cammy to assassinate the UK cabinet minister of justice and how they were supporting a candidate for the US election

I’d like to imagine that they probably got a few lobbying firms here and there in order to influence key political decision makers and when all else fails, they get assassinated.

I’m alive and kicking. Can’t say the same about SFV, though. The game is dust unless Capcom does something tremendous to revive the scene. And that includes the lore.

4 Likes

Wow, Well this concept of shadow in fictional writing is kinda heavily influence by Carl Jung. A idea of repressed desires. It’s kinda used to the concept of the heroes journey.

I myself doesn’t believe in the idea of a real me, new me or a different me. What I believe is what I do and my goals is what makes me. Yet I’m always fascinated and attracted with those ideas, that it parallels to symbolism like Devil and Death card represent in divination.

In astrology with the Phoenix.

and also myth like inner Minotaur in the Maze.

It’s like humanity regardless of their difference from era, culture and environment is always obsess to create metaphors related to transcendence, awakening, untapped power and rebirth along with the concept of detachment or acceptance.

His ST revival kinda make him differently… Capcom may have tried to change those influences?

Same thing of Capcom for idea of creating this supposed Bison HQ

but later accept the thailand as a part, because of the inclusion of SF4 Aftermath?

So probably looking at shadaloo HQ it’s like Bison is more interested with Thailand infrastructure and culture than any other.

It seem that Bison and his Shadaloo has so many different super power and multi cultural influences not just Thailand and the Nazi.

Interesting thoughts.

I strongly disagree SF V competitive scene is anything but dead. it’s still going to show up at tournaments and will mostly likely be at this years EVO.

1 Like

No ones talking about the competitive scene. That will always be there given its peoples livelihood i.e thier jobs. Were talking about the general srk .com population who are probably better than casuals but still scrubs compared to the pros.

Most people on here seem to be losing thier interest in the game.

2 Likes

the biggest things SFV needs for the casual online scene

1. Improve netcode

2 more characters for players to choose from .

3 New Critical Arts , V triggers and new systems which will give players more options to choose from

3 Likes

Tbh when it come to Bison the thing is they don’t do much storytelling at all :smiley:
I think they will just keep build him on future with some guideline in theyr mind (example the Ed future arc), but they will keep his personal history kinda lame under the “misteryous”/past unknown card and just move his next steps in a way that fit with the previous ones

We got a strong personality profile from his actions/behaviour though

Not that they necessary need to slap in your face his former nazi biography either, is just that the generic unknown past card played forever risk to become dull cartoon villain vibe
I mean Q is a character that got most of his hype from the mystery around him, but for Bison i will like more a story telling on the model of what they did on Akuma… show some parts, keep parts unknown

Personally will like they to introduce some char from his past, like an old master, or old rival, forgotten enemy
Somebody that can open some windows on his past, enriching his character without necessary reveal the full figure

Example despite me absolutely hating Ingrid character design i liked the idea they got back then to create a char that link to his past and source of power.

Good idea, terrible SF character imho, kinda bad execution as not much was explained aside hints Bison could have used technology to force himself into some source of power (wich is a very Bison thing to do lol)

I ever imagined Shadaloo power in Thailand like these situation where a military faction effectively took full control of a state’s portion, but the international community does’nt recognize his legitimacy

That situation can keep exist for a while usually when that faction took a piece from the periphery of a nation, but if as you say Bison’s Shadaloo took control of Thailand’s core then it was much more like an actual coup d’etat

2 Likes

Except that, as always with these “OMG SFV is DeD” posts, remember that SRK and other social media users account for only a fraction of SFV players.

Implying that SFV is dead on a competitive and casual level is a very ignorant assumption. SFV is still one of the main games dominating events for the FGC and does have a sizable casual base unlike other games such as MKX and MvCI. Yes, that casual base may have waned since S2 but it’s still there.

I don’t think so, I lurk on alot of threads on this site and notice that SFV seems to be the most talked game next to Tekken+MK.

2 Likes

Not that i like the idea of Bison-Rose fusion, i prefer them as separated characters but

fixed :smiley:

3 Likes

Continuing the post from other topic about SGS and MU, that I wasn’t able to reply to the other thread since I was expecting the thread to close more sooner. So I’m posting it here instead.

And also I lost my draft in the thread but have found a way to workaround and retrive it even can’t be resumed in the draft section.

Yup, Its amazing how Nakahira directly influence A3 and beyond SF.

And also Asura’s Wrath gave that clarity to unknowing ordinary people that heavily depend on the wiki rather than what the canon stand is. It let’s them view SGS in different perspective that they never seen before…

…And regardless of the games being heavily inspired by supernatural in fictional narrative and universe…

It has no such demons or whatsoever spirit include in SGS that attacking the soul other than Evil Ryu punching physically.

Yeah agree that Muso Tensei in HNK is closest to real MU which is related to being empty and very much reference to Guy capabilities and remarks like profound sadness. Pretty much probably similar to what Gouken and Gen can do with SGS.

I know this has been referenced and discussed numerous times that MU in SF is to parallel the real life Mushin or with HNK’s Muso Tensei.

I believe you and Sano have sometime bring into discussion kundalini before in previous threads because of Sim’s details unlocking his powers in the SF SNES manual…

And also because the SF2V anime which involve the episode of there are statues and Dhalsim along where it was discuss as a form of enlightenment and achieving control.

Since MU has been brought into discussion, I would like to point out something I have notice after I was re-watching previous videos SF related.

About the unnamed power-up state Ryu achieve in SFV cinematic mode in during the fight against Necali.

Looking into the narrative build up and fictional presentation it had more similar parallel closer to Kundalini Awakening compare to an interpretation of MU or something similar to what Guy, Gouken and Gen shown in the past.

Some points:

1. It’s more associated with the idea of enlightenment as a part of story progression rather than emptiness or being triggered by extreme sadness from grief, despair and loss.

2. As an additional points to strengthen the references, this is why we had multiple Dhalsim involvement with Ryu’s journey in the SFV cinematic mode from the first encounter and defeat of Necali in which Ryu achieve a better version of him that Sim appears.

3. Obviously K.A. has more strong association with Yoga which Dhalsim represent in SF.

If you even would look into it more in DBS Ultra Instinct is more K.A. than MU, there may be similarities with the narrative trigger like extreme sadness and loss in the beginning but it’s not during 2nd activation during Caulifa and Kale fight. Since it’s associated with the supernatural deities that isn’t into experiencing extreme sadness.

K.A. has more like a power up, it’s more like trance consciousness and enlightenment. especially with those with psychedelic like lucid aura that surround them rather than the generic and usual aura.

The difference between the two is the other (K.A) is more into greater insight, increase on perception, heighten sensory and more sensitivity along with psychedelic experiences while the other (MU) is more about freeing thought from doubt and hesitation to enhance the speed in decision making and reaction.

Same thing with Hado Kakusei also known as Surge Awakening not just by associating it because they both had awakening in it, but because it not more like MU or related to extreme sadness along with emptiness or nothingness in visual and application to MVC3 Ryu.

1 Like

Well here’s a description of Muso Tensei according to Hokuto no Ken Secret Data

「無より転じて生を拾う技、すなわち相手の攻撃に応じて無想にして適切なカウンター、また相手にとって無想故に予測不能な攻撃を仕掛ける技である。
つまりその真髄はあらゆる戦況に置いて千差万別の必殺の一撃を繰り出す事にあると言えるだろう」

A technique that derives life from nothing, that is to say, a counter of no thought to the opponents attack, in addition, it is also an unpredictable attack to the opponent through the no mind. In other words, it is the essence of a finisher of one hit in every match situation.

It’s basically a counter that is so seamless with an attack that you could say that nothing had happened at all

https://gph.is/2RVBK5R

Also, it incorporates the essences of a finisher in one strike, that is to say a one hit finisher aka “ichigeki hissatsu” (一撃必殺).

In the Nakahira manga Ryu Final this is basically the concept behind the Ansatsuken art, we see this mentioned several times in the script. Once with Akuma.

Then another with Ryu where he tries to surpass it with his Fist of Wind.

Even so, by surpassing it he still uses the principles behind the Ichigeki Hissatsu, that is to finish the fight in one attack. He not only counters Dudley’s attack but is also directly attacking Dudley to finish him all in one simultaneous motion.

Ichigeki Hissatsu is also mentioned in the lyrics of Ultimate Battle theme in DBS during the second verse. The song they play every time Goku goes Ultra Instinct

一撃必殺 一千万回
Ichigeki hissatsu issen man kai
One-hit kill ten million times

And that basically fits the description of the Muso Tensei.

5 Likes

In my head, the body we’re familiar with is Bison’s original body and his origin is simply the mysterious idea that he was “born under an evil star”. It’s half eastern “fated star” and half western Lovecraftian “the stars were right”. He is no grand eldritch horror but what he represents is probably worse: the capability for tyranny and evil in any given human.

And, other than snippets of his past like that short story I wrote about a young gray-eyed Bison in the Thai army going to a remote temple to look into hidden martial arts lore, I don’t really want any major “origin” stuff for him. It would diminish him.

5 Likes

More shit EX colors lol
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=biGL8ZlToYY&feature=youtu.be

Tbh will trade all these EX shits for ONE decent new significative color for char

Kage: “… Be afraid.”

[spoiler]
Bison: “What are you babbling about, fool?”

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!%40

Kage: “Is this a man who relies on that nonsensical Psycho Power bullshit? Do you realize who are you talking to, Dictator?”

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!%40

Bison: “As I told your counterpart, power is power. Where there is evil there is the mighty Bison. If you think you can best me with that meager Satsui no Hadou, then come at me. I will kill you. But, I will do so in the slowest and painful of ways.”

Kage: “Oh, the arrogance of this idiot. Bring it!”

Bison: “As I said. Power is power. Do you really think that a mere shadow such as yourself can threaten me! AWAY WITH YOU!”

Kage: “GAH!”

Bison: “Ultimate… PSYCHO… CRUSHER!!!”

Bison: “Next!”

[/spoiler]

4 Likes

I think very early in the game’s development, Bison was probably the literal Dictator of Thailand.

However since then, I think Bison overthrew the government and installed a puppet government there. This is part of Shadaloo’s strategy to exploits vulnerabilities in countries (poverty, war, corruption, etc.) to establish strongholds for operations. Part of this arrangement is making the people depend on Shadaloo like a drug (sometimes literally using drugs, other times by simply ensuring business) so that they can never leave and grow outside his Shadow.

The Thailand base was referred to as “Secret Point” and “Temple Hideout” in Alpha 3 and SF5 respectively, so I think Bison is not the official ruler of Thailand, but it’s a public secret that he runs the show there. He probably runs the show in a few other countries but none as obvious as Thailand. Maybe it’s because it’s the first?

2 Likes

Correct me if wrong, but so far Shadaloo HQs were

• South America (Brazil?) SFA, + Thailand at some point
  • Thailand SF2
  • SF4/SIN I think to remember myself theory was possibly Russia, i don’t remember exactly why i thought that. I think officially it was listed as unknown location
  • SFV i think somewhere beetween Russia and China

I got the impression that the SF5 HQ was an island no? Need to rewatch.

But I think in the Lair stage we saw a map of the main Shadaloo bases in the world.

1 Like