The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Psycho is from ancient Greek for spirit, mind, or mental. Psycho Power is also what Bison calls the dark perversion of Soul Power that he quite very likely pioneered. Meaning that Bison is the first “Psycho Power” wielder in history.

More or less true but it would help explain a lot of the otherworldly nature of the character, and a lot of his dialogue.

He is essentially an immortal god of war/agent of chaos-type character. It’s not as esoteric or far fetched as it seems at first glance. If you dig deeper you will see it actually a legitimate basis in the canon, albeit subtly presented.

I think ultimately, the truth is somewhere between both theories:

Bison is an older-than-you-think Nazi-esque fighter with a military background who forged his own path to the top of the food chain when he unlocked the dark potential of a rare mystical martial art he was studying. At some point, he decided to take his Military expertise and combine it with the essence of Psycho Power (fear, despair, hate) to will into existence an Order that will bring about chaos, anywhere anyhow. Why? To become the strongest of all of course! Who needs world domination?!

Somewhere along the way, he ceased being human when his powers grew strong enough to subjugate nature itself to his will. But while he may have lost his humanity (willingly obliterated every trace of it is more apt), he never lost his sense of humor and irony, even in face of the Absurdity of the SF universe.

4 Likes

In my fanfic I still keep Bison as a human origin part of a beyond explainable phenomena that made him lived through ages and different lives were he learned technology, sciences, mystic arts and martial arts, then always rise up as a persona to be a threat humanity in various time in history. I’ll post it soon as I dug into my previous post and I have been in phone lately.

1 Like

By the way here’s YagamiFire take.

3 Likes

Im here :+1:

4 Likes

Hello friends! (Kinda dumb how after a year and a half, we have to create a new one, but I guess it’s a good thing too.)

Like the MIghty Bison… WE WILL NOT DIE!!!

4 Likes

When you cut your birthday cake and frosting gets stuck on the blade.
Happy birthday, you handsome devil!

9 Likes

vega-intro
Vega: Hmph! You need to do better than shallow compliments if you wish to escape the beautiful release of death that I shall give you.

3 Likes

I don’t know if Street Fighter will ever feature a female boss but if they do they will probably follow Seth’s route and she’ll look similar to this chick:

1 Like

Nah, she is more likely to look like this:

Although, I think we mostly all agreed on @Darc_Requiem’s interpretation of a female Illuminati Elder Boss.

3 Likes

If female Bison ever makes it in I wonder if he’ll remake his elite assassins with 12 male dolls.

Street Fighter’s design team defaults to “blue eyed and blond” whenever they think about Caucasian Westerners.

That gets pretty silly. It seems more fitting for the SF universe if Bison started as human and has just transitioned, through his experience with Psycho Power, to a force that is no longer permanently tied to a single body.

It fits with what we see with characters like Akuma and Oro. Even if you view their pursuit as one of spiritual ascendance, Bison shows someone forcefully creating a physical spiritual ascendance. It also fits with what we see of the Satsui no Hado and Kage in SFV, which pushes forward the idea that the whole spiritual side of SF has a reality to it (and with Kage it even shows the semblance of a sentient self.) (Necalli also pushes forward this idea, but we all know Capcom has already forgotten entirely about Necalli.)

But taking away Bison’s origin as a human diminishes him in my eyes. He becomes just another generic evil force, where as a human he is a warning of a path that humanity can take.

As for throwing Bison back to some body-swapping entity that has existed for millennia, I think that diminishes him as well simply for being so lazily cliche. Oh, its the big bad. What’s his real origin? It’s Cain, or Abel, or Judas Iscariot, or the Roman soldier that pierced the side of Jesus, or whatever.

Similar goes for making Bison an actual Nazi, a WW2 German soldier, or even some Nazi-wannabe, again it is such an overused and lazy cliche to show how “evil” someone is.

9 Likes

For how i see it (wich is compatible with your vision) is that Bison’s ability to jump from a body to another is relates entirely to his PP abilities and antecedent to his cloning technology.

So SFA Bison can just be the last body host he invaded in the old way, and when they got the tech they cloned new bodies using it (wich was powerful host) as base for 2, 4 and V.

Is possible they probably did’nt had enough to re-built the true original Bison as quickly(while they got more data about SFA body), and with the dna/data they got from the original they after end up having all these blond blue eyes clones
Two separated clones projects.
One easier but with limited results (the Bisons we know), the other more difficult and longer times, but with greater potential due dna compatibility with PP

Is possible that the reason host bodies are getting consumed is’nt because PP is too powerful and burn the host, but the fact that there is an incompatibility, a dissonance between his soul and a different body.
Wich can be the reason the clones from his (original body) dna have all common traits but none of them looks like the Bison we know

Well, the nazis actually end up searching esotheric shit for they crazy furer outside europe(they even reached Tibet)… the three movies i mentioned play a romanticization of something with an actual base of truth

As for the western name, if Bison is western he could have called that power he discovered in Asia in a way that make sense for him “Psycho Power”… power of the mind, seem a very “outsider” way to describe martial arts ki magic shit :smiley:

Just like the jap ansatsuken crowd called another ki corruption “Satsui no Hado”

An american see a cat, a japanese a neko, i see a gatto… still we’re all watching the same animal

I’m trying to build with what we got… the euro in asia seem to have some ground for theory (example clones from his dna being blond/blue eye)

Then, separated, i don’t deny i PREFER Bison to be western, mostly because the Serious Business of SF universe is already heavy east asian settled.
Hero (my SF fav char) is jap, the very highest tier all jap (gingerdad, yellowmaster, bearduncle), with the exceptions of Gill and a giant “?” origin mark on Bison… so for variety i’m glad post very earlySF2 they eventually moved away from the Washizaki to hint something more western.
There was also the interessing non-east asian idea of an atzec Boss treat with Nec, but they trashed him so quickly lol

I like SF to keep the spirit of “world is big as fuck and full of powerful warriors everywere” instead fall in the glorious nippon nationalist bukkake trip Grappler Baki manga end up with :smiley:

I will have really liked Nec to be Boss level with the Greats… instead he got beated up by Rog lol

Will like see a new Boss (no shitty Seth kind, true Boss) be from middle east, or africa, or russia, or indian, or scandinavian, or whatever… to keep that SF spirit the more variety the better

From there no problem about Ryu being the hero, again, my fav char

3 Likes

Bisons just the opposite of Sodom. An asian cat that just wants to be white

5 Likes

Tbh if capcom did’nt wanted we to theory him as nazi, they made a bit a mistake making him a dictator in nazi uniform, with blondblueyed aryan looking super humans project, an hidden HQ in south america and a fucking hitler painting in his room* lol :smiley:

*no bullshit he REALLY got it in a SF2 art lol

1 Like

I’m also trying to find a way that would make Bison having multiple nationalities throughout time and history.

I mean in a more organically and biologically natural not just artificially modified or altered.

Digging from old post.

Interestingly I dug this. lol

In the previous thread I said some parallels with Samurai Jack in after Kage’s reveal, while in this post I was currently watching Samurai Jack that time.

I was talking something about haunting and hallucinations.

Then i did post a portion of udon comic where there was Evil Ryu vs Ryu. Which I am saying that it should be something similar but not that.

I’m trying to build up something that still makes him human in origin.

Agree with the importance of human origin.

I believe the body-swapping is already an intergral part of Bison’s story that cannot be omitted because of his SFA plot and relationship with Cammy and Ryu.

I’m trying to make the Nazi just a very minor part of Bison not a centered thing, but something more like Vandal Savage having to lived with multiple persona throughout the millennia but not a fake version of them. The Nazi part would be just for genetic advances of Bison.

I’ve never credited Capcom with amazing storytelling skills when it came to Street Fighter. By the end of Alpha, I would debate whether Capcom should even be credited with competent storytelling skills.

That doesn’t require Bison to be some millennia old figure.

1 Like

I remember you posting this and I wanted to post this video as it reminded me of the whole Ryu Kage situation too.

3 Likes

Cestus and Yagami was right on that part for Bison having Nazi influences but Cestus was wrong about Capcom wanting us to make theory of him being a Nazi, because Capcom goal probably want Bison to be more ambiguous but has Nazi influences or using Nazi influences.

Yes, but it can establish a him as more powerful figure in knowledge and wealth compare to the rest of the rest existing villains.