The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Well, almost any SF1 character besides Mike and maybe Joe deserves to get in before Geki.

Mike, Joe and Geki are the 3 that deserved to be retconned out of existence. Replaced by Balrog, Cody and Zeku.

Retsu and Lee still deserve to return because they bring new martial arts with them. Shaolin Kempo and Drunken Boxing.

7 Likes

I like Geki… I want him and Lee to return the most out of SF1, but I do think I have a fetish for the claw, so I get why he shouldn’t be prioritary.

I’m probably the only person on earth who likes Joe lol

1 Like

I mean Im not totally for the replacement thing or erase them out of exitence but kept them as random encounters of Ryu and Ken journey not as deserving partcipants of a very important tournament.

This is why SF one should never had been a tourney, because of the encounters were questionable and deserving participants never being mentioned and complimented after.

It’s like the participant has questionable background to be part of an best of the best around the world.

IMHO.

U too bro, have a nice one! Wondered what that cake symbol meant. Haha

1 Like

If they bring him back, he needs a new gimmick. And by that, I mean he needs to HAVE a gimmick.

I’m still really annoyed that they replaced Joe with Cody in Alpha 3. Because Cody was already great the way he was, and should have been Street Fighter’s Terry Bogard. While giving Joe the prisoner gimmick would have given him something to do.

5 Likes

Yeah I totally agree, Joe should have had the prisoner gimmick and Cody should have just been Cody. Huge missed opportunity from Capcom imo

2 Likes

oh damn that Teppen Remy art is indeed awesome!

Give us THAT dude in SF5

They should make Joe a cowboy. So they can stop giving Ken cowboy alt costumes in every game.

2 Likes

Joe should be first jewish fighter. Albeit subtle. Joe revealed to actually be Joseph Greensteinberg. That way you can have your first krava maga dude but he wont be from israel so wont be controversial

1 Like

I’d want a jewish fighter to be from Israel, not America.

2 Likes

I like Joe. Give him some nunchakus and there you go.

Mike is the actual character that nobody likes.

Isn’t G Israeli?

Juri V-skill 2
https://twitter.com/XKiraDatamining/status/1197613039786303488

i guess we’re getting these daily starting from the 16 that got new artworks… really curious to see VS2 of Zangief, Necalli and Claw

But Gief specially, even if i’m going to have accept it’s only Banishing Flat and not some new awesome throw thing, but still :smiley:

I really don’t like the V-System game concept.

I wonder what they will show us for Street Fighter 6.

Tbh is’nt that i’m against Joe, but we already have more than enough american blond strikers lol

No
Keep it for Fei Long VS/VT, thanks

Direct link of the Juri thing

Gill
https://twitter.com/i/status/1197605602014433282

1 Like

What’s the source on Joe being planned as the prisoner character in SFA? I’ve always heard about it but never actually found out if it was true or not.

The problem with those characters were they are absent for the longest time and they were never being complimented on how on earth that important tournament of the best and the best of the world they were qualified for. Plus there current history of CFN were making them average fighter.

Birdie is salvage for appearing in a prequel game. Joe and mike appearing for another prequel title can make sense but they did not.

Idk but one sure thing is Cody took from Joe is this

image image

Btw Joe is’nt completely disappeared, one of FFSW opponents was him under “Ghost” nickname lol, he was the boss of pit fights part

FFSW was not canon though

5 Likes

Also, lets not forget Cody took Joe’s jumping kick since FF.

1 Like