The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Eh… The music is great troughout. Some themes are better, some are worse, some are the same… it’s pretty consistent on that front, that’s why I didn’t really count that as getting worse… but the stages… well, just look at them :joy:

People sleep on New Generation and 2nd Impact but they do a lot of things better than 3S. In all honesty, outside of gameplay NG and 2I are better in almost every other aspect. IMO:

Music: 2I > 3S > NG
Aesthetic/UI: NG > 3S > 2I
Endings: NG/2I > 3S
Win quotes: NG/2I > 3S
Stages: NG > 2I > 3S

3S is still my favourite though so I can’t hate on it too much.

10 Likes

I’m very jealous of Seraphic Wing by the way. Such a sexy CA.

“FACE GOD’S WILL!!!”

All Bison gets is an “Away with you!”*. It’s just not fair! :frowning_face:
[spoiler]

*And tons of merchandise, appearances in games, crossovers, and the love of thousands upon thousands of players every day.
[/spoiler]

5 Likes

Feels like 2 is the magic number for Capcom. Darkstalkers 2 and Darkstalkers 3. 2 had all of these stages and themes unique to the characters. 3 had some characters share and besides Morrigan, Demitri or Jedah, could honestly be for anyone with how generic they are. Didn’t care much for the music either.

But in the case of that, it was probably for the lack of memory. They had to have two versions to restore three deleted characters and delete three others.

2 Likes

Just bought the upgrade kit, made a discovery i did’nt realized before buy

It unlock also ALL colors, including #15 Lv.50 and EXCLUSIVE JAP EDITION ones!

8 Likes

Shadow Lady for sure.

1 Like

(What if the final character is Dudley…'s father’s car? With infinite v-trigger “gutter trash grinder” mode?

2 Likes

NANI!? :flushed:

Yes both lv.50 colors and exclusive ones that in the west were not possible to get since day 1

Also all colors of all alts on general

3 Likes

Is G’s Q colour for his story costume included?

@Scotia All colors

One thing to be clear, i doubt Upgrade add any more stage still to see

Trailer say 34 stages, we already passed that number

Awesome thanks. Never had the FM for it at the time but this’ll save me lol.

https://twitter.com/StreetFighter/status/1196880826803212288
Seems everyone is getting a new character artwork.

Ryu

14 Likes

Always maintained they should do a SF3 between 2i and 3s. Gameplay of 3S but everything else from 2i

2 Likes

Link you posted shows much better Ryu VS2 too

Cool to see it’s a strike

1 Like

I’m not sure about the new art style…

I prefer it to the old one because I never liked all the big colored swooshes over the old ones(which they thankfully already stopped doing with the DLC characters).

I like my character images to be nice and clean, so they can easily be used for wiki and tvtropes pages.

2 Likes

Ryu looks too young and boyish compared to the old one.

OMG I just realized, about 2 years ago I was joking that seasons 4 and 5 would have fewer characters (6 between them) and two of them would be Gill and E. Ryu…

1 Like

Yup, exactly at 2020, it’s nearly over Gill hit the spot, atleast they made him a better looking and usable version this time.

Hoping the final spot to be something interesting and surprising as well.