The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

It must be fun being @Jion_Wansu right now, he has been asking for playable Gill for a long time.

At least it will be interesting to see that they’ll do with Gill story wise, there’s a lot of stuff about him that’d be interesting to learn.

3 Likes

That seems more like the new “WELCOME” Christmas stage. It does not resemble Palazzo Mistero at all but I would be happy to see Rose next. I am okay with Seth and I want them to connect the dots between him and Urien/Gill.

The Tower of Babel-like structure was already present in Urien’s 3rd Strike ending; that ancient futuristic civilization look is based on Neo-Atlantis aesthetics from Nadia.

7 Likes

Im expecting him at capcom cup 2020.

Ono said that he’s available to to test out to attendees, right? Any reports out yet, or was the test coming much later?

His interactions with Bison will be most interesting.

1 Like

Capcom did an amazing job with Gill, his so glorious even his CA and stage.

Im still hoping for a chance for Necro and I believe Capcom can do a great job with Seth.

Me I always wanted a grand SF2, SFZ vs SF3 game. Hoping to see for Gill fight Bison since S1 but not as my wishlist.

Well, if there really is only one more character, they’ll have given us the equivalent of 4 full 6 character seasons of DLC.

I am disappointed that they didn’t just do a repeat of their EVO announcement and be like “Here’s our 3 character 2019 Winter pack.”

Right, which is exactly what I DON’T want, which is why I wish they switched it with his story alt.

Also, I want to see what his Olympic costume is going to look like. Because those have been almost universally great.

1 Like

My version of Gill isn’t close to this one. I love comparing my ideas to what we actually get.

3 Likes

I do have to say it may not have been the smartest choice to do Gill with SFV hair physics, which makes him look a bit off

2 Likes

Given how simple his design is, I would have liked for Gill to have some more detailed icy and hot textures on his body, like the icy look of most condensation that freezes and the glowing orange of magma to give a stronger impression.
But anyway, his VA is good, and the CA looks great. I really wished he had a Resurrection, though

It’s seems his new V-Skill gives him invincibility for a moment allowing to dodge an attack. It seems to reference the technique he used against Necalli to dodge him. Ryu’s V system seems to be based around the techniques he gained during that fight.

5 Likes

Question, if I already have pretty much all the stages and characters (and the costumes I cared about) this upgrade doesnt make much sense for me to purchase, right? I assume I would be good on getting Gill and his stage and same for whoever the other 40th character is (V skill 2 should be added as update). Am Icorrect?

Might as well upgrade TBH. The cost of 2 characters and a stage plus everything else released from now until Feb seems like a good deal, even if your purchase is just mostly a gap closer.

I remember posting numerous fan theories of mine regarding Seth with the illuminati brothers Gill and Urien. On how they were related and why Seth has inspiration with some of their moves.

Hoping this would be answered in Seth storymode if he would happen and released something why Seth has likeness to them in a official way not some fanfic of mine and speculation or theories of others.

Poongko was amazing with Seth. When the machine was the machine before T800 in MK.

If he would return he still needs the vacuum, teleport and head stoping.

I was considering the following, but I am not sure how It would work, I have the original sfv disc (with everything else as DLC as I already mentioned) and I would like to get the game digitally (no disc swap no more!), could I get the Champion Edition digital game, erease my disc install and still keep my saves/fighting chance costumes compatible with digital CE? I might go for that if the game is only 30 dlls, seriously.

Now that Gill is officially confirmed do you guys think that there is a connection between him G and Kolin. I know there was a theory in this thread which was pretty interesting considering the fact both G and Kolin represent one half of Gill’s powers, represent a nation in the West and East, and both have an air of mystery about them. We didn’t know Helen was Kolin until the end of Story mode so G might have a connection to the Illuminati in some way as well. Any thoughts?

4 Likes

IIRC, using that specific tower design started in Babel II and its sequel Sono Na Wa 101 where Babel II is the descendant of an ailen with huge tech in the tower. The whole Urien-Gill thing is also similar to Koichi vs Yomi I think.

I’ve gone back and forth on whether G would have a connection to the Illuminati. I think Cestus had the idea of him being the former president before Gill and Urien wrecked the council.

Part of me thinks he’s connected to the Illuminati, but something happened (failed assassination attempt, excommunication) and he went crazy or redesigned his looks. No one seems to recognize him at all, not Urien or Kolin, so that has me thinking that if he was connected, he wasn’t anything close to how he is now. He could very well have been tied to them, but in travels across the globe, he trained, learned some new techniques and changed considerably to pass himself off as new.

I don’t think G is delusional at all. He’s trying out some marketing strategy and , as I pointed out in my video, strangely insightful to the fighters – He knows of Juri’s pained side and Kolin’s need for acceptance and purpose, he’s not always rambling. He’s presenting an easily digestible message to hook people in for a further purpose.

I’ve seen people say that he may be from the Free Masons or a rival to the Illuminati. I think that could be somewhere to start. He may have some form of secret mystical arts in the way the Illuminati does, but not something immediately recognizable. No one has gone “Wait…that molten gold…those techniques…! Are you…the fabled FORSAKEN ONE?!” He’s a total confusing and new figure to even them or Bison or Dhalsim and ROSE, the people who really know the secret goings on in the SF world.

3 Likes

the godly presence has arrived to purify SFV and kick Bison’s old butt outta here!

Images of all XMAS costumes, normal and code version

Summary

Jacketless Santa G is fucking serious business

3 Likes