The Ultra Inevitable Street Fighter V Story Thread

Also I transcribed his opening speech:
“My unveiling…I will be exposed to the entire world…when the time of the prophecy comes…when all is revealed…then the people of the world will rejoice…already knowing who I am.”

Hmm, so that makes me wonder. Is Gill going to go public to the world so that when things line up he’ll be able to step back into the spotlight? With SF3 the impression I got was that most people did NOT know who he was and as of SF5 only Viper (and Juri?) heard rumblings of some organization rumbling about. Hmm. I’m really eager to get winquotes and his story. I gotta know how SF3’s story content is going to be handled from here since things seem like they’re being fasttracked.

By the time of SF3, Gill already revealed himself to the world. So his character story like much of SF5 is leading up to that point in the timeline.

Gill Theme

I’m actually excited for Gill.

Though he and his organization rise to power in SFIII, seeing him before the Illuminati blows up is intriguing. I’m curious to what Lore we’ll see

3 Likes

Really? Hmm, it’s been a while, but I thought it was only to small pockets of people and not a global unveiling.

Well… I can finally have Bison in his Alpha costume beat down on Gill in his little thong… I’ve waited for this basically since Street Fighter 4 or since finding out about about that Capcom Fighting Jam ending. That stage is awesome too. The song is great. Gameplay-wise… with Urien already here I expected a bit more of a revamp. That Super Attack though looks freaking insane! A nice addition. For all the reasons above, it shows why Street Fighter 5 is still worthwhile.

Wonder who the 40th guy/gal should be… I really want Rose, but if it is to be Seth, and it makes sense why it would be Seth… well… at least I can have Urien kick his pretender ass.

About the Champion Edition… well… I guess it was to be expected. I still want another season tho, to bring the final roster up to 46 and beat Street Fighter 4’s… Plus there’s quite a few characters I still want to see in this game.

Oh… V-Skills II… almost forgot. Can’t wait to see the compilation of them all before making up my mind. It’s, of course, good to spice things up a little. Zeku has a kickass one.

1 Like

I’m disappointed the thong is his main costume instead of, like, a nostalgia costume.

2 Likes

let me be the blesser of all souls

1 Like

It looks like Ryu’s V-Skill II is the sidestep he did to Necalli in story mode?

Scroll down here: http://www.capcom.co.jp/sfv/system.html

Also noticed the cover art looks a lot like Teppen. I wouldn’t mind if they were currently working to make SF6 look like that ingame except with 3D models.

4 Likes

Cool that they added a second v-skill to shake things up, but I’m afraid it will be just a copilation of legacy moves.

I’m surprised that we got Gill at this point, but make sense introducing him to give a better bridge for next game if it will be in the SF3 times. Not a fan of him facing backwards when he switches sides to keep the Fire/Ice in place. Although it make sense feels weird that he will be the only char doing that.

If he is the #39 char, who will be then the last one?

X-Kira said Seth (X-Kira also said that Gill is in). So this is more than likely true…

I like Seth.

Apparently in the Champion Edition trailer when they show the included stages - there’s a glimpse of Rose’s stage among those 32. So hopefully in a month we’re getting her revealed

Kinda lame though that peeps have been waiting since EVO for 2 characters, and even then their trailers are a full month apart

2 Likes

Oh snap, time to go back and check that frame by frame!

Ooh:

https://twitter.com/behindthewires/status/1196271196423249920?s=19

Also about the stage:

https://twitter.com/_KAAD_/status/1196306736879001602?s=19

Is that Rose’s alpha 3 stage?

edit: augh, board formatting is screwing with my link.

here’s the direct link to KAAD’s picture:
https://pbs.twimg.com/media/EJoinm0UEAAYIBd.jpg:large

So is Gill’s Third Strike stage inside that tower?

Also, based on Gill’s intro/outro in that reveal trailer, seems like Gill would fit perfectly in the Mortal Kombat universe story line wise.

This looks more like a temple/church to me than an interior of a tower

Neither nostalgia will have been ideal solution tbh

Perfect way will have been just take the SFV Urien route, give him ancient greek clothes like in his SF3 intros, and you can trigger (or not) thing version via button code

You can likely still do it with his Story Alt though, just set It as default look

I can see why they did’nt for standard though
They WANT Gill’s “naked” design to be recognized as the official look, and will have not worked with the code… see how SFV Urien is ever portrayed/associated with his suit version, never with the original design

I’m looking forward to Gill’s quotes and story.

11 Likes

To me seem more like his SF4 Focus Attack, wich personally will love much more :smiley:
Seem like he’s ready to throw a big left straight

Will be cool if VT2 boost it, like also VS2 “Focus Attack” punches get charged of same hado energy of the counter while on VT2